PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Regarding The Miami FootBall Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game will hinge on what kind of defense BB chooses to play...if they blitz early and often they'll murder the Phins...if they play "oooh, we're too thin at LB and DL to do anything other than soft cover2/cover5", then Tannehill will probably carve the Pats up like that idiot from Buffalo did.I've seen Brady get rattled early on this field. He hasn't the last few years though and he's playing better than he ever has IMHO.

The thing I like about pressuring early is it seems to set the attack mindset of this D for the rest of the game and allows them to play more soft zone later in the game. What infuriates me is this proclivity to sit back and take a punch at the start of games. I'm a big Patton acolyte...ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!

Last edited:
This game will hinge on what kind of defense BB chooses to play...if they blitz early and often they'll murder the Phins...if they play "oooh, we're too thin at LB and DL to do anything other than soft cover2/cover5", then Tannehill will probably carve the Pats up like that idiot from Buffalo did.I've seen Brady get rattled early on this field. He hasn't the last few years though and he's playing better than he ever has IMHO.

The thing I like about pressuring early is it seems to set the attack mindset of this D for the rest of the game and allows them to play more soft zone later in the game. What infuriates me is this proclivity to sit back and take a punch at the start of games. I'm a big Patton acolyte...ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!

I think you make a good point, Joker. I also think that Belichick's tendency to see what the opposition is doing scheme-wise on both sides of the ball come into play a lot more than many give it credit for.

as to the thread title...

are there Miami Basketball Dolphins,

or Miami Baseball Dolphins?

I suppose there could be Miami Jump-through-a-hoop-to-get-a-dead-fish Dolphins, but they can be found at the Seaquarium rather than Sun Life Stadium.

That's just Brother Grid's modus operandi.

;)

That's just Brother Grid's modus operandi.

;)

LOL, anyone who clicks on a Brother Grid OP thread and EXPECTS something different HAS NOT BEEN ON THIS BOARD MUCH (this year).

Btw, Keep it coming OTG.:D

...anyone talking about "trap game" is being foolish.

You should probably bone up on Fundamental English before you start calling others foolish.
spock.gif

Just because I'm pointing out that it's a Trap Game doesn't mean that I'm predicting a loss, or even predicting that the Patriots won't be emotionally prepared this week. Personally, I doubt that either event transpires.

But it most certainly is a Trap Game.

It's the textbook definition of a Trap Game.

Having said that...I'm sure we can all agree that nobody is more adept at overcoming a team's natural human susceptibility to a Trap Game than Coach Bill Belichick, Mad Man & Scholar. :cool:

As fans, we can look beyond any game. We don't have to take it "one game at a time" because (listen closely now)....we're not players!:eek:

I ALWAYS get a kick out of fans who think they're supposed to act like they're players. As if saying "hey, when we win the next 3 games...." is bad luck or something.

Fans don't need to worry about bad luck....unless you hold your Bud Light bottles "labels out":rolleyes:

Some need to get a life.

I'm going to assume that you're not idiotically misunderstanding the purpose of this Thread ~ which, as I'm sure you know, is merely an observation ~ and agree with you. :D

I'm going to assume that you're not idiotically misunderstanding the purpose of this Thread ~ which, as I'm sure you know, is merely an observation ~ and agree with you. :D

OTG....I don't do ANYTHING "idiotically".

Except with that one woman 20 years ago.....:eek:

This game is going to tell us a lot about the maturity of this team.
Record-wise a soft opponent, on the road and before 2 primetime home games against 2 of the leagues best.
Hoping we see a clean efficient game from the Pats.
How the Patriots play as opposed to the final score will be a good gauge in judging where this team is "at" as a unit heading down the homestretch and towards the playoffs.

You should probably bone up on Fundamental English before you start calling others foolish.
spock.gif

Just because I'm pointing out that it's a Trap Game doesn't mean that I'm predicting a loss, or even predicting that the Patriots won't be emotionally prepared this week. Personally, I doubt that either event transpires.

But it most certainly is a Trap Game.

It's the textbook definition of a Trap Game.

Having said that...I'm sure we can all agree that nobody is more adept at overcoming a team's natural human susceptibility to a Trap Game than Coach Bill Belichick, Mad Man & Scholar. :cool:

A trap game, by definition, is a matchup in which there is a high possibility of overlooking what is deemed to be an inferior opponent. Once again, winning this game will guarantee another AFC East title for the Patriots. If there is one thing we know for sure Belichick values tremendously, is winning the division. That's pretty much the team's number one goal year in and year out. You are the one who didn't comprehend my post, I didn't say the Patriots would likely win the game, they might very well lose, but if that happens, it won't be because they weren't up for the task, because Sunday will be an extremely important day for them.

They'll be as focused and concentrated in beating the Dolphins as they have against any other team this season, because of the implications this game has in terms of accomplishing the first objective the team lays out before starting the year. They might win, they might lose, but considering what the game represents, I think it's misguided to think of it as a "trap".

But you're right, I shouldn't have used the term 'foolish'. It was unnecessarily antagonistic, and pretty much uncalled for. I could have exposed my opinions without resorting to that.

Last edited:
But you're right, I shouldn't have used the term 'foolish'. It was unnecessarily antagonistic, and pretty much uncalled for. I could have exposed my opinions without resorting to that.

:eek:

Not to ignore the rest of your Post, which is very well-stated, but...I salute you, Brother Rod, member of a dying breed of adults who take responsibility for their words!!
beer.gif
:rocker:

I hope that I display that level of Integrity, the next time I slip into language that is, as you put it, unnecessarily antagonistic.

You and I starkly disagree on whether or not this is a Trap Game...and that is very well. :cool:

OTG what do you think of Justin Blackmon...you think he'll be the best WR in the game soon...he had a monster game for Jacksonville two games back. Think we could get somebody half as good as him in the upcoming Draft?

OTG what do you think of Justin Blackmon...you think he'll be the best WR in the game soon...he had a monster game for Jacksonville two games back. Think we could get somebody half as good as him in the upcoming Draft?

I live in Jacksonville. While I don't think that Blackmon will ever be the best WR in the game, I think that he could be a very good one with a quarterback competent enough to feed him the ball. That won't happen with Gabbert. It's been happening with Henne, though.

I live in Jacksonville. While I don't think that Blackmon will ever be the best WR in the game, I think that he could be a very good one with a quarterback competent enough to feed him the ball. That won't happen with Gabbert. It's been happening with Henne, though.

Thanks Henne seems to have found new life after Miami.

Bedard was on the radio this a.m. and they asked him about Welker (Bedard doesn't think he'll be back), and asked who will be in the slot next year. They mentioned Amendola, but Bedard also said Davone Bess of the Dolphins will be a free agent and could be a possibility. I've always liked Bess and will have to keep an eye on him Sunday.

(That said -- my preference is still to keep Welker. He's a special player and a great fit with this team. )

(Edit: FinNasty below says Bedard is mixing up his Fins receivers, Bess is not a free agent this year. I double-checked the audio and he does say Bess; must have been early for him).

Last edited:
Bedard was on the radio this a.m. and they asked him about Welker (Bedard doesn't think he'll be back), and asked who will be in the slot next year. They mentioned Amendola, but Bedard also said Davone Bess of the Dolphins will be a free agent and could be a possibility. I've always liked Bess and will have to keep an eye on him Sunday.

(That said -- my preference is still to keep Welker. He's a special player and a great fit with this team. )

He has his Miami WR's confused. Bess will not be a free agent... Hartline will be.

Bess IMO is a Welker clone... and up there as one of the best slot WRs in the league.

I love Amendola, but the guy just can't stay healthy. That's a major red flag for me.

He has his Miami WR's confused. Bess will not be a free agent... Hartline will be.

Bess IMO is a Welker clone... and up there as one of the best slot WRs in the league.

I wouldn't mind Hartline on the Pats in FA 2013...he seems like a BB type players blue collar hard working type one who gets the most out of their abilities.

The Lolphins are no joke (oh the irony). But seriously, they are a decent football team and need to be taken seriously. I believe one of these two scenarios will play out. Either the Pats win out in the regular season or they lose 1 game to the Dolphins. And yes that means that I truly believe the Pats beat both Houston and San Fran. Both those games are at home, keep in mind.

Wonderfull Query, Brother PatsFan. :cool:

I'm afraid that ~ because Life has compelled me to compartmentalize my Time ~ I have not done any serious Scouting, yet, and don't plan on doing so until January...so I am not as yet qualified to answer your question.

For what it's worth, though: I am an huge fan of Justin Blackmon.

MIND you...

No way in HELL would I'ave spent that kind of Draft Capital on a Split End, as I dramatically Discount Split Ends, relative to Market Value: I'd much rather spend my Draft Capital on Players ~ Offense and Defense ~ who line up far closer to the Ball than do Split Ends...or Corners.

Having said that: Blackmon ~ while acknowledging his many concerns ~ got HIGH Grades from me on my Site, prior to the Draft, because I love his phenomenal Core Strength, Fluidity, Burst, Route Running, Navigational Prowess, and all around Physicality: He'll Run Block, he'll Pass Block, he'll consistently get open, run Crispy Routes, Beast Up, and Move The Chains for you. In other words: This is the kind of guy who is essential to helping you win in The Depths Of Winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes