PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Regarding The Miami FootBall Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you ARE in an early hole against us. Brady always has trouble with the Dolphins, it seems, at least IN Miami. We have been getting killed on both long passes (although not so much in the last two weeks since our secondary is finally solidifying) and mid-range TE passes over the middle. Our linebackers aren't great against the pass. We have been good against the run, except against Buffalo a few weeks ago. Hopefully they can contain Bush and put some pressure on Tannehill to throw some picks. That has been our savior this season while our secondary goes through its annual swoon (that and Brady putting up huge points, of course :) ).

As I recall, Brady had a pretty decent game in Miami last year. ;)

As fans, we can look beyond any game. We don't have to take it "one game at a time" because (listen closely now)....we're not players!:eek:

I ALWAYS get a kick out of fans who think they're supposed to act like they're players. As if saying "hey, when we win the next 3 games...." is bad luck or something.

Fans don't need to worry about bad luck....unless you hold your Bud Light bottles "labels out":rolleyes:

Some need to get a life.

As fans, we can look beyond any game. We don't have to take it "one game at a time" because (listen closely now)....we're not players!:eek:

I ALWAYS get a kick out of fans who think they're supposed to act like they're players. As if saying "hey, when we win the next 3 games...." is bad luck or something.

Fans don't need to worry about bad luck....unless you hold your Bud Light bottles "labels out":rolleyes:

Some need to get a life.

Great post. I've made this point here countless times. Who the **** cares, if we, as fans, overlook an opponent? I mean, seriously.

Great post. I've made this point here countless times. Who the **** cares, if we, as fans, overlook an opponent? I mean, seriously.

And for all those who DO care...

The Patriots will beat the Miami Dolphins this Sundee! Guaranteed

I hope...:D

Last edited:
Regarding the concept of "trap games," the Harvard College Sports Analysis Collective recently took a look at whether teams do have a greater tendency to blow games against sub-par teams in the week leading up to a tougher match-up. Turns out, not so much:
Far from a losing more frequently, as we would expect by the trap game logic, good teams tend to do even better against worse teams the week before they play a good team. However, this difference is not statistically significant.

I believe that Miami has one of the better defenses in 3rd and long situations. So the key is not to get into those. Miami can be beat on the long passes but without Gronk and maybe Edelmen, Welker and Hernandez have to have strong games and no dropsies!

As I recall, Brady had a pretty decent game in Miami last year. ;)

Right you are...and your comment made me curious, how has Brady done in Miami in recent years. Answer? Pretty good.

QB Rating at Miami
2011 - 121.6
2010 - 107.1
2009 - 101.5
2007 - 158.3

His last bad game was in 2006 (55.1 rating, 21-0 loss), and that was a whole other Miami team, not no mention a whole other Brady...

Right you are...and your comment made me curious, how has Brady done in Miami in recent years. Answer? Pretty good.

QB Rating at Miami
2011 - 121.6
2010 - 107.1
2009 - 101.5
2007 - 158.3

His last bad game was in 2006 (55.1 rating, 21-0 loss), and that was a whole other Miami team, not no mention a whole other Brady...[/QUOT

I am surprised by these numbers as I too thought like some other fans that Brady typically struggles in Miami. He has been quoted in the past as saying that something about their defense makes him struggle!

QB Rating at Miami
2011 - 121.6
2010 - 107.1
2009 - 101.5
2007 - 158.3

His last bad game was in 2006 (55.1 rating, 21-0 loss), and that was a whole other Miami team, not no mention a whole other Brady...

Was that the game with the stupid pick TFB threw to Jason Taylor?

QB Rating at Miami
2011 - 121.6
2010 - 107.1
2009 - 101.5
2007 - 158.3

Should also be noted that Brady suffered cracked ribs in the first quarter of the 2009 game. Otherwise, his rating might have been higher.

as to the thread title...

are there Miami Basketball Dolphins,

or Miami Baseball Dolphins?

I suppose there could be Miami Jump-through-a-hoop-to-get-a-dead-fish Dolphins, but they can be found at the Seaquarium rather than Sun Life Stadium.

Oh man... if thats the only game you've seen of ours... ya we looked pretty horrific. It was easily our worst game by far. I wanted to turn the game off (but of course couldnt, lol).

That game was a trainwreck. Pretty much everything that could have possibly gone wrong... did.

We cant ever play another game like that. Some of it carried over against the Bills on the short week TNF game. I'm hoping we got most of that corrected though. At least, it appeared to be fixed against the Seahawks. We'll see if the corrections stand up against you guys, lol.

We are going to be in an early hole against you though. With as bad as our secondary has been playing all year... I expect you to jump out to an early lead, leaving us to play catch up the rest of the game. And w/o much offensive fire power... those dont typically turn out well, lol.

Welcome aboard FinNasty23. Guest posters with a realistic view of their teams are always welcome. I saw much of the 2nd half of the Dolphins - Seahawks game and the Dolphins looked pretty determined to win that one - I was impressed by the speed of Miami's defense. I thought the Dolphins would go on a run when everybody in the AFC East was 3-3 - what happened?

Bad Fish.

robert-shaw-quint-jaws-1976--630-75.jpg

It's a Trap!!

Picture+2.png

...Just a friendly reminder.

Im leaning towards... K-K-K-Ken. :D

kenotto-thumb-450x308-30402.jpg

Though wait.. maybe that means we need to be REALLY careful and not underestimate them late in the movie.. err fourth quarter. I guess my example just confirms what you're saying here. :lol:

Last edited:
Brady's last 4 games against the Dolphins, in Miami: 91 of 126 for 1376 yards, 13 Touchdowns and 3 Interceptions for a 132.2 passer rating. His days of struggling in Miami have been over for a while now.

And that seems to have coincided with the retirement of Jason Taylor. The Phins dont have the same swarming D they used to have. 21st ranked in ypg (358.5) although 9th in ppg (20.5). Still want to beat them. Division rivals always must be beaten with extreme prejudice!

Brady's last 4 games against the Dolphins, in Miami: 91 of 126 for 1376 yards, 13 Touchdowns and 3 Interceptions for a 132.2 passer rating. His days of struggling in Miami have been over for a while now.

Guess I'm just remembering the "bad" ole days...

Welcome aboard FinNasty23. Guest posters with a realistic view of their teams are always welcome. I saw much of the 2nd half of the Dolphins - Seahawks game and the Dolphins looked pretty determined to win that one - I was impressed by the speed of Miami's defense. I thought the Dolphins would go on a run when everybody in the AFC East was 3-3 - what happened?

Well, we made it to 4-3. And then we hit a real rough patch for 3 games. If you want to point to the biggest difference in those struggles, it was the OL. Couldnt pass pro or run block... and it reduced our already weaker offense into rubble...

I'm hoping whatever caused that for the OL, be it injuries or whatever, has been cleaned out of their systems.

And that seems to have coincided with the retirement of Jason Taylor. The Phins dont have the same swarming D they used to have. 21st ranked in ypg (358.5) although 9th in ppg (20.5). Still want to beat them. Division rivals always must be beaten with extreme prejudice!

Ya, this year we've seemed to be more of the "bend but dont break" type of defense. Allowing all kinds of yards... but then clamping down in the red zone.

However, I'm sure Brady will break us a few times, lol...

as to the thread title...

are there Miami Basketball Dolphins,

or Miami Baseball Dolphins?

I suppose there could be Miami Jump-through-a-hoop-to-get-a-dead-fish Dolphins, but they can be found at the Seaquarium rather than Sun Life Stadium.

Gosh, do you suppose that maybe the thread title was tongue in cheek??
spock.gif

What do you think?? :rolleyes:

Well, we made it to 4-3. And then we hit a real rough patch for 3 games. If you want to point to the biggest difference in those struggles, it was the OL. Couldnt pass pro or run block... and it reduced our already weaker offense into rubble...

I'm hoping whatever caused that for the OL, be it injuries or whatever, has been cleaned out of their systems.

I don't think your OL is in any danger this week of giving up QB sacks....I see with the Pats injuries on the edge,you probably won't see any stains on Tannehill's jersey this week.

The reason that Miami has an advantage in Mami is the sweltering heat in September and October. It saps visitor energies in the second half. But after the weather cools off the Miami advantage disappears.:eek:

The first thing to study when the schedule comes out is when we play Miami. Just as Miami hates it if they play the Pats in Late November and December in the snowy weather in Foxboro.;)

This year we play in Miami in November after the heat, and Miami plays in Foxboro in chilly December. Advantage Patriots.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back