PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Regarding The Miami FootBall Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind Hartline on the Pats in FA 2013...he seems like a BB type players blue collar hard working type one who gets the most out of their abilities.

We have plenty of those on the team already. If we acquire any receivers, I sure hope they are of the explosive, athletic playmaker variety.

Patriots passing game should be too much for the Dolphins secondary. I'd expect a 34/37-24 type Patriots win. But there have been unexpected Dolphins/Patriots games in Miami before, the 12-1 Pats losing in 2004, the Dolphins losing in 85 for the first time since the 60s. Hopefully its one of those types of fun games.

If Dolphins hope to win they need to run the ball well like against Seattle and control the clock, as well as not settle for FGs. Tough task.

the miami LoLphins

Patriots passing game should be too much for the Dolphins secondary. I'd expect a 34/37-24 type Patriots win. But there have been unexpected Dolphins/Patriots games in Miami before, the 12-1 Pats losing in 2004, the Dolphins losing in 85 for the first time since the 60s. Hopefully its one of those types of fun games.

If Dolphins hope to win they need to run the ball well like against Seattle and control the clock, as well as not settle for FGs. Tough task.

I have a feeling that we'll be able to control your running game but I am also aware that rookie QB's usually do quite well against BB's D.

So, though I am hoping our D clamps you guys down, I will not be surprised to see Tannehill post some big numbers.

Irrespective of what those numbers are, I am hoping that the Pats win in an injury-free game; don't care whether it is by 1 point or 10.

GO PATS!

I have a feeling that we'll be able to control your running game but I am also aware that rookie QB's usually do quite well against BB's D.

So, though I am hoping our D clamps you guys down, I will not be surprised to see Tannehill post some big numbers.

Irrespective of what those numbers are, I am hoping that the Pats win in an injury-free game; don't care whether it is by 1 point or 10.

GO PATS!

I'm always a bit concerned when we're playing a young QuarterBack who's had time enough to acclimate to'is team's System, yet has had little or no Game exposure from which to discern his tendencies and evaluate the chinks in'is armor.

But I feel no such trepidation, if the young QB has given us several Games of Footage for Bill The Mad (Genius) to evaluate...as is the case with young TanneHill.

Patriots turning up heat inside bubble for practice

We've all seen it before, but I continue to get a kick out of how BB handles the media:

'Bill Belichick opening his pre-practice press conference by saying they would "crank up the temperature" before heading to the much warmer Miami weather for Sunday's game against the Dolphins.

But then when asked if that will help New England's chances of winning the division title on Sunday, Belichick said, "I think it helps if you have a good team and you play well. That helps."'

:rofl:

Last edited:
I am in the bubble ... Belichick had the big speakers out today.:D

We have plenty of those on the team already. If we acquire any receivers, I sure hope they are of the explosive, athletic playmaker variety.

True, but I think you need a bit of both to be honest.

It all depends on how they handle the Welker situation and whether or not the fill the position with any potential draftees or FA's.

While we certainly could use the big field stretcher that you have in mind, we could also potentially use someone like a Devon Bess/Hartline too.

Luckily we have the TE's and RB's right now to build on, along with Llyod and likely one of Welker/Edelman. While there is still a weakness on some level, it is a much better position than most teams :cool:

Bad Fish.

robert-shaw-quint-jaws-1976--630-75.jpg

It's a Trap!!

Picture+2.png

...Just a friendly reminder.

Patriots 59
Colts 24

Patriots 49
Jets 19

Patriots 23
Fish 16

Oh, Rod?? :D

You owe me a Beer. :snob:

I wouldn't mind Hartline on the Pats in FA 2013...he seems like a BB type players blue collar hard working type one who gets the most out of their abilities.

Yeah, Hartline was killing us today. He's no Wes Welker, but he would certainly upgrade the Pats overall WR corp if he's available in 2013. Another guy I'd look at is Amendola.

Glad we survived the 'trap' game! Now the Pats and their fans can put on our division champion Tshirts and Hats. ;)

Yes, you're right. We (LOL - the team) need to stop looking back and laughing at the Jets, looking ahead at Baltimore and Houston and envisioning playoff seedings, and look straight ahead at the team on the schedule this weekend.

Okay yes, that's true for the team, as you note.... they have to spend their week studying, working, getting ready, focusing... but what's that leave us, for the days in between?

Let's face it: the answer is, laughing at the JEST.

And don't even talk about the off-season. Laughing at the JEST is the true year-round sport.

I must say after watching, Miami is the one team in the division moving in the right direction

Solid D gave us trouble.

Decent running game.

Young QB who will get better. They desperatley need playmakers at WR but they look 100% better than Jets and Bills at this point of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back