PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Redskins Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you saw the coaches' (BB, McDaniels, Patricia even) reactions and the player reactions...trust me, he's just as important.
When Gronk had gone out for the year those times many people declared our seasons over.

Would you declare our season doomed from losing Lewis?

When Gronk had gone out for the year those times many people declared our seasons over.

Who are those people?

Every year Gronkowski's been hurt, they've made it at least to the AFCCG.

Not at all but any player who replaces his role is a significant downgrade.

In hindsight and the way our season has progressed, it almost has that feel of a trap game for the Patriots. Brady and the offense started strong, but the injuries just really seemed to have stalled the offense.
i'm not complaining by the way, 27 points is a good game but it just seemed like it was going to be more.

In hindsight and the way our season has progressed, it almost has that feel of a trap game for the Patriots. Brady and the offense started strong, but the injuries just really seemed to have stalled the offense.
i'm not complaining by the way, 27 points is a good game but it just seemed like it was going to be more.
Unless you had money on the game (and they did cover anyway), I simply do not understand this attitude. And don't get me wrong, I hear yours a lot more than I hear mine.

They completely dominated a team that put 24 up in a quarter last week. They pounded the ball successfully throughout, for the first time all year. Defense was suffocating, and was able to overcome mistakes on offense.

Who the hell cares how much they won by? This just in, it was a lot.

Right but the nyg will be the sexy upset pick next week....doesn't mean I think the pats will lose; just that I know the media
Not only that, The Gnats just seem to have our number. They are getting a little better now ( like every season). They just seem to get it together in November. And with our injuries.... IDK, but this game seems iffy. It would be nice to whoop their butts tho

The prognosis for Mayo was 6-8 weeks for complete healing of his MCL sprain a few years ago.

Everything will depend on whether it's a sprain or a complete tear.

The word "sprain" isn't really in the medical vocabulary. They are all tears -- but of different severity. I think there are 4 grades in Europe but 3 in the U.S. What we have to hope for is that it's a Grade 1 or Grade 2 (which it pretty certainly is if he could walk off).

Medial collateral ligament injury grading | Radiology Reference Article | Radiopaedia.org

Not only that, The Gnats just seem to have our number. They are getting a little better now ( like every season). They just seem to get it together in November. And with our injuries.... IDK, but this game seems iffy. It would be nice to whoop their butts tho
Giants defense is nowhere near is good as the years they beat us. Though their offense will probably be the most explosive we've faced all year. Should be a good game.

I love Lewis but I can't say he's just as important. We've been famous to be super interchangeable with 3rd down running backs. I love Lewis and would hate losing him but we would be able to recover if he is indeed gone for the year. We haven't been able to recover from losing Gronk in the past.

Losing Lewis is like your tire going flat, driving to Sullivan Tire and putting on a new one.

Losing Gronk is like driving on donuts from Boston to Ft Myers.

Anyone know how long MCL sprains take to heal?

4-6 weeks? That means we wouldn't have him for Denver. F*ck.
Problem is that with his knee being injured, even if he returns in 5-6 weeks it not going to be the same for a running back who cuts and jukes a lot. Could factor into how BB plays this. Does he keep a roster spot open for someone for 6 weeks when they may or may not get the same production in terms of elusives or use that sport to deepen our Oline with some signings?

I wanted Lewis for the Denver game but will happily take an MCL sprain that is only 4-6 weeks.

Lewis gave the offense an explosiveness it hadn't had since Moss 2008 (maybe 2009). If he can't come back, that would be a huge blow.
i agree..he gives this offense a different dimension..huge loss

Hope that Cannon is ready to step back into the line-up next week. The team needs him. Also, have to hope that Andrews injury is just a bruise and a few days rest will have him back playing..

BTW, people in the Game thread wanting Nash's head for the injuries need labotomies. None of the injuries could have been prevented except MAYBE the concussion. And I say maybe because I don't know the type of mouthguard that Vollmer wears..

I'm staying positive on Lewis. Yes, you can absolutely heal in 2 weeks from a minor mcl sprain for those who are wondering. We just don't know the extent yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents