PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Redrafting the 2010 NFL draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
NESN redrafted the first round of the 2010 draft class.

2010 NFL Draft Reset: Patriots Pick Up Top Rated Safety, Can?t Get Rob Gronkowski | New England Patriots | NESN.com

I thought it was interesting that the Patriots have two top-15 selections. The other thing that I cannot help but question is would Hernandez have been a first round pick had he not turned out to be such a POS. NFL network slated him as the #21 pick back in April 2013 when they did a similar redraft.

Looking at it quickly I would make the following changes:

- Gronkowski would be #4, and Graham would be #5
- D Thomas would be #6, and Bryant would be #8
- Hardy would be #9 and Pierre-Paul would be #12
- Berry would be #20 and Ward would be #22

Suh third overall? With this commentary: "Atkins has been better, but the Lions defensive tackle has been nearly as dominant"?

Can't say I agree with that one...at all.

How is Dez Bryant #8? Dumb as a box of rocks and a prima donna whiner. The fact that he hasn't gone to jail or gotten suspended is enough to say the Cowboys won the gamble over character concerns?

Suh third overall? With this commentary: "Atkins has been better, but the Lions defensive tackle has been nearly as dominant"?

Can't say I agree with that one...at all.

Agreed. As of last year, I don't think Suh is a better player than Gerald McCoy anymore either.

How is Dez Bryant #8? Dumb as a box of rocks and a prima donna whiner. The fact that he hasn't gone to jail or gotten suspended is enough to say the Cowboys won the gamble over character concerns?

And how does this relate to how good he is? :bricks:

Where's Tebow?

And how does this relate to how good he is? :bricks:

Considering that I'll bet 10 NFL teams still wouldn't touch him, and that many of his playbook struggles and divisive locker room presence have hurt the team (and those are just the ones that have been reported to the mainstream media), you tell me.

Considering that I'll bet 10 NFL teams still wouldn't touch him, and that many of his playbook struggles and divisive locker room presence have hurt the team (and those are just the ones that have been reported to the mainstream media), you tell me.

And you'd lose that bet. Dez Bryant is the only one on that team that cares if they lose. No one else acts like the game even matters. If teams are willing to sign murderers or rapists, Dez wouldn't have any trouble.

And you'd lose that bet. Dez Bryant is the only one on that team that cares if they lose. No one else acts like the game even matters. If teams are willing to sign murderers or rapists, Dez wouldn't have any trouble.

I thought you were probably just a troll. Thanks for confirming this.

I just wish I could re-do the #53 pick, then #90, then #150, then #208, and then #s 248 & 250.

WOW, we actually had TWELVE picks in the 2010 draft. Yet, only 2 remain on the roster and one more is roster player caliber.

That's actually terrible, especially when you consider we had 4 2nd round picks.

I may be opening the Pandora's Box ahead of time, but i do question BB's decisions in the Draft.

WOW, we actually had TWELVE picks in the 2010 draft. Yet, only 2 remain on the roster and one more is roster player caliber.

That's actually terrible, especially when you consider we had 4 2nd round picks.

I may be opening the Pandora's Box ahead of time, but i do question BB's decisions in the Draft.

When people say this, I think they forget just how many of our starters and core players are BB draft pics. To be in contention for the big honours every single year whilst having, by far, the worst average draft position of any NFL team for the past decade and a half, and when fielding a team dominated by draft picks, is an absolute testament to BB's ability as a drafter.

Pandora's box re-closed.

When people say this, I think they forget just how many of our starters and core players are BB draft pics. To be in contention for the big honours every single year whilst having, by far, the worst average draft position of any NFL team for the past decade and a half, and when fielding a team dominated by draft picks, is an absolute testament to BB's ability as a drafter.

Pandora's box re-closed.

The first round picks, by and large, have been nothing short of excellent. It's the picks after that which people are (rightfully) calling into question. That said, the 2010 draft yielded these guys as starters on a Super Bowl roster:

McCourty
Gronk
Spikes
Hernandez
Mesko
Deaderick

All of those guys were either key players or played significant roles in the process of getting there. McCourty when he moved back to safety in the playoffs. Gronk and Hernandez powered the offense the entire season and were a huge reason why we got that far. Spikes set the tone over the middle and Deaderick was a contributor against the run (though nowhere to be found in the pass rush). People slamming that draft class need to look at what they accomplished as a whole. They didn't win the big one, but it was still a solid class that, in the end, produced one of the best FS's in the AFC and, when healthy, the best TE in the NFL.

His character concerns are overblown and seem to have no effect on his play or time on the field. The only games he has missed have been due to injuries in his first two seasons. He played 16 games in the past two even with some injury issues. He's a though, dominant receiver. Outside of teams with clear number ones like Detroit, Atlanta, etc.. most would be happy to have him. This board has a really odd crusade against Dez because he's linked to McCourty from the 2010 draft.

When people say this, I think they forget just how many of our starters and core players are BB draft pics. To be in contention for the big honours every single year whilst having, by far, the worst average draft position of any NFL team for the past decade and a half, and when fielding a team dominated by draft picks, is an absolute testament to BB's ability as a drafter...

…or is it an absolute testament to Tom Brady's ability as a QB?

The first round picks, by and large, have been nothing short of excellent. It's the picks after that which people are (rightfully) calling into question. That said, the 2010 draft yielded these guys as starters on a Super Bowl roster:

McCourty
Gronk
Spikes
Hernandez
Mesko
Deaderick

All of those guys were either key players or played significant roles in the process of getting there. McCourty when he moved back to safety in the playoffs. Gronk and Hernandez powered the offense the entire season and were a huge reason why we got that far. Spikes set the tone over the middle and Deaderick was a contributor against the run (though nowhere to be found in the pass rush). People slamming that draft class need to look at what they accomplished as a whole. They didn't win the big one, but it was still a solid class that, in the end, produced one of the best FS's in the AFC and, when healthy, the best TE in the NFL.

I agree with the aforementioned players except Mesko. Using a 5th-rounder for a Punter,
who could not even finish his rookie contract, was simply bad asset management, again.

Bill would've been better-served using one one of his 6th-rounders from the year before
on Pat McAfee instead of a feckin Long Snapper, who also couldn't finish his rookie contract
here. Who except Bill has drafted a damn LS before the 7th round anyway?

I just wish I could re-do the #53 pick, then #90, then #150, then #208, and then #s 248 & 250.

And every other NFL team wishes they could redo the fifth round of the 2000 draft.

I agree with the aforementioned players except Mesko. Using a 5th-rounder for a Punter,
who could not even finish his rookie contract, was simply bad asset management, again.

Bill would've been better-served using one one of his 6th-rounders from the year before
on Pat McAfee instead of a feckin Long Snapper, who also couldn't finish his rookie contract
here. Who except Bill has drafted a damn LS before the 7th round anyway?

It's a 5th rounder. Mesko provided better ROI than probably 75 percent of 5th round selections.

That's the whole point of compiling 12 picks. Even if you whiff on 8 of them, you still have a very good chance of producing the best overall haul in that draft class. Ask yourself this instead: whose 2010 draft class would you trade the Pats' for? Seattle's, maybe?

Looking 100% past three Pro Bowlers/All Pros to focus on a couple of round 2-3 whiffs is pointless and borderline trolling. At the very least, it exposes a pretty clear agenda.

That's the whole point of compiling 12 picks. Even if you whiff on 8 of them, you still have a very good chance of producing the best overall haul in that draft class. Ask yourself this instead: whose 2010 draft class would you trade the Pats' for? Seattle's, maybe?

Looking 100% past three Pro Bowlers/All Pros to focus on a couple of round 2-3 whiffs is pointless and borderline trolling. At the very least, it exposes a pretty clear agenda.

Not really. If you're building a Champion Franchise, you need a better percentage of good players drafted. This year, there's 2 very good players (Rob and McCourty) and one good player (Spikes). All the rest were mediocre at best. And yes, Hernandez is a no-no, he played for 3 season, that's basically being released after its rookie contract.

Anyway, that's 16.6% of a success. Now let's look at the SB champion
1 6 6 Russell Okung T
1 14 14 Earl Thomas S
2 28 60 Golden Tate WR
4 13 111 Walter Thurmond CB
4 29 127 E.J. Wilson DE 6'4"
5 2 133 Kam Chancellor FS
6 16 185 Anthony McCoy TE
7 29 236 Dexter Davis DE
7 38 245 Jameson Konz WR

Yep, in the SB, there were 6 players on the roster that were drafted in 2010, that's 66.67% of players.

BB has hit home-runs in the First round and in the low-rounds and RFA(considering expected value/return), but the pick between 2-5 have been dreadful for years. And it's showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST