PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox free agency 2022-23

I'm really not that all broken up about this.

They can't let Devers go. Period.

If Devers is allowed to leave Bloom should leave with him.

I'm really not that all broken up about this.

They can't let Devers go. Period.
I hate this ownership group. For everything they've done right, the championships, the Fenway improvements, their desire to have a Tampa Bay Rays type payroll is ridiculous. Bogaerts and Betts are inexcusable. Eff'n horrible. You never see the GD Yankees in the freakin' cellar. I really want to root for this team, I do. I have been a Red Sox fan longer than a Pats fan (not by much). They are infuriating. They let X get to the market and SD offered a dumb 11 year deal. Well? You coulda had him locked up a year ago.

I hate this ownership group. For everything they've done right, the championships, the Fenway improvements, their desire to have a Tampa Bay Rays type payroll is ridiculous. Bogaerts and Betts are inexcusable. Eff'n horrible. You never see the GD Yankees in the freakin' cellar. I really want to root for this team, I do. I have been a Red Sox fan longer than a Pats fan (not by much). They are infuriating. They let X get to the market and SD offered a dumb 11 year deal. Well? You coulda had him locked up a year ago.
Agree.

I hate this ownership group as well. The way they treated Tito and botched the Lester situation was the killer for me.

I can't stand Sam Kennedy. Woke f-er.

I don't like the deals Betts and Bogey got but to your point this whole situation could have been avoided by being proactive.

Sox just don't like dealing with Boras.

Japanese outfielder Masataka Yoshida agrees to five-year, $90 million deal with Red Sox

Yoshida, 29, spent seven seasons with the Orix Buffaloes. Last season, he hit .335/.447/.561 with 21 home runs over 508 plate appearances. He also showed tremendous plate discipline, walking 80 times and striking out 41 times in 119 games.
I thought this was an interesting signing. His records in the Japanese league look pretty impressive. I hope it translates to the Major League.

Reactions: sb1
Reactions: sb1
They should have locked up X last year. But in their defense, now way in hell he is getting that contract from Boston this year. 11 yrs is too steep for me. Hate seeing home grown talent leave like this and Betts before him, but this was a sensible move this year. They have to get Devers done before the season starts

Last edited:
They should have locked up X last year. But in there defense, now way in hell he is getting that contract from Boston this year. 11 yrs is too steep for me. Hate seeing home grown talent leave like this and Betts before him, but this was a sensible move this year. They have to get Devers done before the season starts
Give Devers 10y $300m and call it a day. Is it an overpay? Prob.

Despite what Yawkey Woke Kennedy and Pasty Henry think they are losing their fan base.

They should have locked up X last year. But in their defense, now way in hell he is getting that contract from Boston this year. 11 yrs is too steep for me. Hate seeing home grown talent leave like this and Betts before him, but this was a sensible move this year. They have to get Devers done before the season starts

There's no defense for how the Red Sox have handled the Bogaerts situation. And Red Sox fans should make that clear by not buying tickets or merchandise.

I think we all knew this was coming when they signed Story. He plays SS until Mayer is ready, which could be 2024.

Red Sox - We can't sign Bogaerts long term, because he might suck at the end of the contract. I mean, he'll be in his 30s!
Also Red Sox - Let's sign a Colorado guy with a bum wing, and have him suck away his first season, then hope he improves as he enters his 30s.

Red Sox - We can't sign Bogaerts long term, because he might suck at the end of the contract
Also Red Sox - Let's sign a Colorado guy with a bum wing, and have him suck away his first season.
All I can say to YOU is - you’re not wrong.

How do you spend big, win multiple titles across 2 decades, and still be a crap organization?

Ask the Red Sox, because they can tell you how they've managed it.

Give Devers 10y $300m and call it a day. Is it an overpay? Prob.

Despite what Yawkey Woke Kennedy and Pasty Henry think they are losing their fan base
Those clowns lost me years ago with how they treated Tito, who is maybe the best Manager in Red Sox history along with **** Williams.
I still follow and root for the team but F the owners.

If Devers is allowed to leave Bloom should leave with him.
Why is Bloom still employed is my question.

There's no defense for how the Red Sox have handled the Bogaerts situation. And Red Sox fans should make that clear by not buying tickets or merchandise.
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

This. Pink Hat Nation needs to stop going, stop singing sweet Caroline, stop buying the $20 beers, stop watching NESN and stop lining the pockets of ownership when they put a less than acceptable product on the field.

As an aside, I bought the Friday mini plan for the Manchester Fisher Cats for my family as a Christmas Gift. $300 and change for 4 tickets to 7 Friday games. It's probably 10% of going to Fenway. It's not the Sox, to be sure, but it's baseball for a fraction of the cost. My future son-in-law and I will enjoy beers and dogs just as much as we would at Fenway. Eff John Henry, he coulda had that money.

Unreal.

The writing was on the wall for this from the moment they signed Story. This is what happens when you allow your team to be run by stats geeks and penny pinching bean counters.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back