PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox 2023-2024

Craig Breslow. Sure. Why not take a shot with the pitching mega brain (also from Yale like his mentor) with 2 rings?

Craig Breslow. Sure. Why not take a shot with the pitching mega brain (also from Yale like his mentor) with 2 rings?
He could be a great hire
You have to wonder if a lot of the supposed other candidates who declined interviews, weren't somewhat aware that Breslow had the inside track. Yes, the hierarchical setup is a problem, but people like Ng,etc have inside info. There's probably not a lot of secrets on that level.

Yamamoto- hell yes!
Ohtani? Makes no sense. You'd have to do him leaving Yoshidas horrific d on the field.
Sox lineup is lefty heavy. They need a big
right-handed bat.
They need quality starters more than anything. 3 of em,minimum.
Yamamoto is an ace. Snell and Sonny Gray next 2 best fa pitchers.
Also Bieber is available for trade and Sox have the chips to get him w/o hurting g the prospect system.
I love Ohtani but don't see any way that makes sense.

Verdugo traded to the Yankees for bottom tier prospects.

Feels like he got Adalius Thomased by Cora...

Verdugo traded to the Yankees for bottom tier prospects.

Feels like he got Adalius Thomased by Cora...
Verdugo is the reason they finished last? Good to know.

The Red Sox cannot do much right by me, that's for sure. I will certainly take a wait and see approach, but meh. Gave away a good player. To the Yankmees. Awesome.

Good to see Breslow is just Bloom 2.0

WTH are the Sox doing (or not doing)? I know it takes two to make a deal but they have done nothing yet

Good to see Breslow is just Bloom 2.0

WTH are the Sox doing (or not doing)? I know it takes two to make a deal but they have done nothing yet
It's starting to get a little worrisome.
Yamamoto is who they need a legit ace, best of all the fa and trade pitchers. But heavy competition and they'll have to overpay to get him.Even then, it seems like a longshot. But Snell and Montgomery are still there.
Bieber,Burnes,Cease all available by trade.
If they plan to contend,they'll need 3 of those guys. I'm highly skeptical.
It's not Breslow, his hands are tied by ownership the cheap bastids

just stopping by the forum to see if the Sox signed anyone yet. Of course not

Wow has the media got Sox fans all worked up about nothing, to drive clicks and listnership.

There was no chance of either Yamamoto or Ohtani coming here. The Sox weren't going to significantly beat the Dodger's offers, and if they did, we'd all be yelling about them taking too much long term risk. And there's no evidence, NONE, that either of them even considered coming to Boston. It should never have been a serious topic.

The other pitchers available are, at best #2's, and in most years, would be at best #3's. They just paid $17M for one high potential but broken guy with a floor of being in the minors all year and a ceiling of being a #2.

There are two other FA's out there who are significant upgrades to what they already have, and about 10 teams competing for them. They'll each get far more than they are worth.

The "available for trade" guys are just rumors, media people making up stories that start with "this team might consider trading this guy before he gets more expensive" that morph into "available for trade." And again, if there is a #1 or #2 guy available for trade, there will be about 10 teams competing for him.

The fact that this all hasn't resolved itself yet, doesn't mean the Sox are late, or not trying.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back