PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox 2023-2024

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So it begins ... Bush taint here no more.

Tough being a Boston/New England fan right now. The baseball and football teams are playing uninspired.

I actually like where the RS are right now.
they have some nice young talent in the pipeline, including in the major leagues and in double AA. they have some interesting arms in Bello, Gonzalez and Perales. they have a good back end of the rotation in Bello, Sale, Pivetta, and maybe Paxton. They need a #1 and 2 front end starters.
the pen with Houck and Whitlock joining, should be very good.
they do have money to make a splash. they do have trade chips to make a splash.
they need to find the right person to pull the trigger on these decisions to put them over the top

I actually like where the RS are right now.
they have some nice young talent in the pipeline, including in the major leagues and in double AA. they have some interesting arms in Bello, Gonzalez and Perales. they have a good back end of the rotation in Bello, Sale, Pivetta, and maybe Paxton. They need a #1 and 2 front end starters.
the pen with Houck and Whitlock joining, should be very good.
they do have money to make a splash. they do have trade chips to make a splash.
they need to find the right person to pull the trigger on these decisions to put them over the top
They only need one thing to be a contender- two top starting pitchers.
That's two things.
Sign Yamamoto. Then either sign Blake Snell or trade for either Bieber or Burnes.
They have the $ to sign both fa's and the trade chips to get at least one of Bieber/Burnes.
Signing Ohtani would be gravy. But why not? They owe it to us.

i just read (on BR i think) that more than a few people have turned down the opportunity to interview. Still early or troubling trend?

i just read (on BR i think) that more than a few people have turned down the opportunity to interview. Still early or troubling trend?

Sources: Former Pirates GM Neal Huntington in the mix for Red Sox job

Other than internal candidates, the only known candidates in line to be interviewed are current Twins GM Thad Levine and Huntington. It is expected the Red Sox will show interest in former Marlins general manager Kim Ng, who declined her side of the mutual option to return with Miami.

Earlier in the week, WEEI.com reported that former Rangers President of Baseball Operations Jon Daniels had declined the opportunity to interview due to family reasons. The Athletic reported Monday night that Phillies GM Sam Fuld and Dodgers GM Brandon Gomes have also taken their names out of consideration.

Sources: Former Pirates GM Neal Huntington in the mix for Red Sox job

Other than internal candidates, the only known candidates in line to be interviewed are current Twins GM Thad Levine and Huntington. It is expected the Red Sox will show interest in former Marlins general manager Kim Ng, who declined her side of the mutual option to return with Miami.

Earlier in the week, WEEI.com reported that former Rangers President of Baseball Operations Jon Daniels had declined the opportunity to interview due to family reasons. The Athletic reported Monday night that Phillies GM Sam Fuld and Dodgers GM Brandon Gomes have also taken their names out of consideration.

I think they will go with Kim Ng.

I am hoping for her .... why hire some retread ... never makes sense to me.

Agreed. I have no idea if she is any good, but she did a good job in FL. There is always the possibility of "luck" and the Marlins were not overly impressed, so there is that.

Agreed. I have no idea if she is any good, but she did a good job in FL. There is always the possibility of "luck" and the Marlins were not overly impressed, so there is that.
No expert on her ... seems extremely bright ... long trail of MLB experience.
She quit for pretty much the same reason that Derek Jeter did ... they are cheap.
They were looking to hire someone over her ... so she said I'm out ... good for her like the confidence.

I do like Soto and SHO. but both project as DH's for an awful lot of money and money/prospects (Soto)
I am fine going the route of Ceddane, Anthony, Bello, Perales, Teel, Mayer, Bleis, Gonzalez, Casas, Zanetello, Romero, Yorke have the makings of a very solid core. Devers is only 27. Whitlock and Houck are 27.
If the team is going to spend $200-$300k (Sho or Soto w/b $400k) go get 2 tor pitchers

Breathe Oh No GIF by MLB

The Texas Rangers have won the World Series for the first time in franchise history
after pitcher Nathan Eovaldi produced six scoreless innings and the Arizona Diamondbacks collapsed late on in Game 5.

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back