PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reason I'm extremely confident the Pats will win the 2008 Superbowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
You expect the Patriots to stand still with their "favorable" cap space positioning?

Do you see them throwing around a lot of money?

You had cap space last year, right?

Even if they do, there's no guarantee they will have the same chemistry on defense with the acquired players that they had with Bruschi, McGinnest, Harrison, Ty Law, etc.

Your right about division games, and you have a point with the Broncos owning us. I firmly beleive if the refs didn't make BS calls and we didn't have 5 friggin TOs, the Pats could have EASILY three peated. The Pats controled that game untill they choked it away.

At what point did we clearly have the Denver game under control? Up 3-0?

The Pats may have gotten the shaft from the refs but they didn't step up when it mattered.

Do you see them throwing around a lot of money?

You had cap space last year, right?

Even if they do, there's no guarantee they will have the same chemistry on defense with the acquired players that they had with Bruschi, McGinnest, Harrison, Ty Law, etc.

Um, not really, no. We had NOTHING compared to the number we had this year. The NFL is not about chemsitry unless your talking about coaches. This is the NFL, player turnaround is huge. You think people don't adjust to that? It does not matter about how they gel, if you give Bill talent on D he's unstoppable.

At what point did we clearly have the Denver game under control? Up 3-0?

The Pats may have gotten the shaft from the refs but they didn't step up when it mattered.

I don't remmeber the score times, but I do remember feeling confident and not worrying at all. Then we let the game slip away. I think for a good quarter if I remember right the Pats were playing good, then the meltdown happened.

I don't remmeber the score times, but I do remember feeling confident and not worrying at all. Then we let the game slip away. I think for a good quarter if I remember right the Pats were playing good, then the meltdown happened.

I remember not worrying at all, back when I was under the delusion that the Pats could never lose a playoff game. In retrospect though the Denver game was hardly in our grasp, especially on the road.

Both Brady and Belichick sounded distraught after the Denver game last yr too.. But I do believe that this loss hurt more, because of how close there were.. The Denver game was over by the 4th quarter.. :rocker:

Also, Brady has been coming up short the past two years in big games. This season, he threw 4 TDs and 10 INTs vs. division winners, including 1 TD and 5 INTs vs. the Super Bowl champs.
Talk about cherry picking stats. How about these: Manning 3/7 TD/INT in this year's playoffs; Brady 5/4. Run that by again next January and I like our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case