PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

According to Pioli in another interview I read, Rehbein brought him in, but they all (Grier, Pioli, Weiss, Bill) liked him. Grier was still the GM then. Brady was the highest rated player on their board but because of need they drafted the others and he kept slipping, until it was like, we've got to take this guy.

I don't recall which players were drafted by the Pats ahead of Brady. How did their careers pan out?
Highest rated player on their board and they waited to the 6 th round? Sounds contrary to logic.

It's interesting to see your take on this, as we've had some real disagreements on Bill, while I am certainly more on the "blame Bill" side than I used to be. Nothing really of note per se, just noteworthy that we appear to have changed sides.

I think a lot of what we are seeing is a reaction to the end of autocracy or dictatorship. I think to a certain extent, even Kraft felt obligated to get in line with Bill's ways, and now everyone down on Rte 1 in Foxboro is a little more freed up to breathe. I don't think that we are seeing is a result of them turning their back on Bill or them "blaming' him. I think it's a long exhale. That type of pressure is over.

Bill's ways were great while they were winning. But his methods changed and he changed as a result of all that happened. The winning narcotic no doubt changed him. Mangini's betrayal and spygate changed Bill and made him withdraw and retract from those around him. Then the drafting of Hernandez and the resultant **** show that turned into no doubt changed him. Look at the drafts after the June 2013 events. Bill never took that type of athlete again. The scoring eval system that Bill had must have changed as a result. In 2017 he said "At this point in my career, I want to coach guys I like. I want to coach guys I want to be around and that’s it.’ He said, ‘I’m not going to coach anybody else.'” and that has to be reflective in part of the AH mess. Finally, Tom's leaving likely changed him too, as he probably thought that Tom would be here forever. Like a lot of marriages, perhaps he took him for granted and figured that the next guy would be able to approach maybe even 80% of what Tom did. When it didn't work with Mac, we are already hearing how Mac and Bill did not speak for the remainder of the season. That's gotta be miserable for everyone around the team, Bill included.

My whole point is that Bill of 2023 was not Bill of 2011, 2007 or even 2000 when he got here. I think what we are seeing is a relief that the last 4-5 years of Bill's oppression is over. It's certainly going to be a much looser, fun place to be in 2024. If they get the right personnel, it expect a honeymoon period where they are very successful.
Perfectly stated .

Dysfunctional franchises dwell on the past

The media was spinning it that Belichick told Gronk to pipe down at the draft. The video footage showed it wasn't that, they were all laughing and he said it sarcastically.
Honestly I was embarrassed for Gronk when he acted like an idiot on draft day. Zero composure, totally non professional, childish.

He was running around with his toxic HS friends. Drug dealers. We'll never know what would've happened in a different environment. Carter told AH that he left behind his friends, told them not to call him. That's the #1 advice given to people in recovery: change your playground.
Hernandez was an adult. All good and bad decisions rest with him.

Brady was good with how he was being treated by Bill until he wasn't. And Bill changing how he treated Brady wasn't just impacting the two of them, other players were following suit. Kraft was flip flopping all over the place like he tends to do. It was all kind of messy and we still know very little and even less of what we know was new to this series other than a few new sensational quotes. You guys like to think you know everything and will just fill in the cracks as you see fit like with the Butler story but there's still so much we don't know and may never know.

In the end other than ignoring Rodney and Dillon and some stories like that I don't think this was as bad as media with advanced viewing was making it out to be. The Hernandez stuff and the coverage of the gates are to be be expected and there wasn't much new. There were a few disappointing comments and things about Kraft. Bill looks like his normal stern self and it pisses everyone off. Whoopieee awesome series.

People also need to remember that Belichick was still employed by the team when his interviews were conducted for this series. He was between a rock and a hard place.

Oof, those quotes from Grazer immediately put this already questionable project into the 'bias' bin. You DEFINITELY can't trust anything in this piece now. Talking the way he did about Kraft is absolutely unacceptable if he wants this to be taken seriously.

Just here to check in on the BB haters that flooded the first 48 pages. Hello? Hello? Is anybody there?
Not sure what you're looking for? I don't know too many Bill "haters" on here just people that don't defend his every action. Not sure what the victory lap is all about considering Bill is the one without a job while Kraft is still a billionaire and Tom proved he could do it without Bill.

Might want to hold off on the IBWT ticker tape parade until he is at least employed.

Not sure what you're looking for? I don't know too many Bill "haters" on here just people that don't defend his every action. Not sure what the victory lap is all about considering Bill is the one without a job while Kraft is still a billionaire and Tom proved he could do it without Bill.

Might want to hold off on the IBWT ticker tape parade until he is at least employed.
it's not about bb not making errors(which he did), it's about the scoffing people did about the obvious bias in the documentary.

Amendola had the best pair of one liners.

We worked for Bill but we played for Tom.

And

I could have called the kid from Foxboro High and he could of told you getting rid of Tom Brady was going to make the Patriots a lot worse.

I don't see a Christmas card from him in Bill's future.

it's not about bb not making errors(which he did), it's about the scoffing people did about the obvious bias in the documentary.
I think Team Bill is just overly sensitive. Obviously some axes were ground but the first two episodes were highly favorable to Bill and the 08 season episode basically fawned all over Bill. I get that some of the players interviewed said they think the documentary only highlighted the negative but regardless they still had those negative things to say and they said them knowing fully there was a chance they would make the cut. I don't think Bill came away from this looking great and I think Kraft's approach at this was pretty transparent but that doesn't take away from a lot of the screwups that got Bill fired.

I think Team Bill is just overly sensitive. Obviously some axes were ground but the first two episodes were highly favorable to Bill and the 08 season episode basically fawned all over Bill. I get that some of the players interviewed said they think the documentary only highlighted the negative but regardless they still had those negative things to say and they said them knowing fully there was a chance they would make the cut. I don't think Bill came away from this looking great and I think Kraft's approach at this was pretty transparent but that doesn't take away from a lot of the screwups that got Bill fired.
Media had an advanced look at all the episodes and told us things were going to be really bad when in reality there wasn't that much new but it had everyone over analyzing things like Bill's days in Cleveland because people thought they were setting things up.

In the end it was still sensational garbage focused on tabloid aspects rather than developing what actually drove the Dynasty in some cases they completely omitted key pieces (see Rodney and Corey). But the media looking for clicks played up to tabloid crap.

Lastly, I would say the series barely covered BB getting fired. Obviously the Brady decision was part of it but they didn't cover anything from 2019-present. They certainly showed the screw ups that lead to Tom deciding to leave. But they basically just went from us winning SB53 to Tom leaving. Skipped a lot of things that could of added context like the tampering Miami did and the no franchise clause and any negotiation that may have occured prior to playing his lame duck year and details about how the final year played out. Things like Bill's attempts to get him WRs like Harry and Brown, and Sanu. Why they failed and Bradys comments about miserable 8-0. They basically rewrote the story like Brady left after 18 and was never playing for Bill again except he played a whole season. And covered nothing about how Krafts jealousy of Brady getting 7 without him, Cam, Mac, Matty P, and 4-13 would lead to his actual firing.

Amendola had the best pair of one liners.

We worked for Bill but we played for Tom.

And

I could have called the kid from Foxboro High and he could of told you getting rid of Tom Brady was going to make the Patriots a lot worse.

I don't see a Christmas card from him in Bill's future.
Amendola is not very bright.

On coaching:

"I wanted to go in and feel if I felt any of that competitive juice on game day," Amendola explained. "It was there but it’s so hard to replace actually playing in the game. A lot of it felt like work ... it’s just hard to replace that feeling you get of that competitive nature when you’re not playing. “

People also need to remember that Belichick was still employed by the team when his interviews were conducted for this series. He was between a rock and a hard place.
Considering what kraft said in the doc about bill. there was no way he was coming back in 2024 regardless of the record. How could he have? 2023 season seems like a charade with the contract extension a smokescreen to fall in line and keep quiet. If pats had made the playoffs and bill was returning i am sure this doc wouldve not come this yr or wouldve been edited differently

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back