PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

IMMO, it has to do with one of his sons and it was probably pretty stupid in the grand scheme of things. It seems like BB doesn't want to say what it is because people are going to be angry they lost a SB because of something very petty and very dumb.
You mean like everyone thinks now? Except for maybe a couple people.

So nobody knows why BB benched Butler. Kraft hinted it was “something personal”. If that’s the case then he was fired 6 years after he should have been.
I love Bill, but to this day I believe that cost us the game. Philly was 10-16 on third down. No one is ever going to mistake Butler for a shutdown cb, but you can’t tell me him alone couldn’t of stopped 2+ of those conversions. To this day it’s a travesty they don’t have 7 wins. And yes, I really do appreciate the 6.

Now it all makes sense why that clown Judge would say "we can win a SB with any top 15 QB" lmao
Of course. An assistant coach would never have that view if the HC did not.

I found it hard to support BB after the Philly SB loss. And after the 13-3 win over the Rams the next year, I think BB became committed to the idea that you didn’t need a real NFL offense to win games. Somehow he seemed to think the he could win games, a lot of games, while averaging Under 20 points.
Did we not give up 30 points in the AFCC? It was pure luck we came up against a HC that was not ready with a QB that lost confidence.

The Butler thing will always suck. At least 99% of everyone realizes what a colossal screwup it was on Belichick's part now

Still pisses me off
I cannot talk about it with people in real life without getting visibly angry to this day.

The fact that Bill was not burned for it the way Carrol was for a much less horrible decision was just insane to me.

IMMO, it has to do with one of his sons and it was probably pretty stupid in the grand scheme of things. It seems like BB doesn't want to say what it is because people are going to be angry they lost a SB because of something very petty and very dumb.
This is part of why nepotism is horrible. You sometimes will make emotional decisions you would never make otherwise.

The Dynasty Series: Bill Belichick is mean, holds players accountable and makes them work hard. However, nobody complains when they are holding a Lombardi and making money. BB was one of the few that didn't throw anyone under the bus. Kraft on the other hand couldn't wait to talk about BB flaws. Terrible that he doesn't have more respect for the man who helped him build a billion dollar franchise.

This is part of why nepotism is horrible. You sometimes will make emotional decisions you would never make otherwise.
Has Malcolm Butler ever even hinted at what it was that made BB bench him? Now that Malcolm is officially retired what are the chances he gives his side and tell what is the reason he believes he was benched.

Has Malcolm Butler ever even hinted at what it was that made BB bench him? Now that Malcolm is officially retired what are the chances he gives his side and tell what is the reason he believes he was benched.
Brian Hoyer was on TV with Phil Perry,Holley, and Curran to review ep 9 & 10. He specifically said that he asked Butler why he was benched and Butler said he doesn’t know and Bill never told him why. Hoyer said he was scout team QB that week and that Butler practiced well and was prepared.

He also said when came back to the Pats in 2017 after being away for a number of years he could tell it was a lot different, lots of tension and that the Brady/Belichick relationship had really deteriorated.

I cannot talk about it with people in real life without getting visibly angry to this day.

The fact that Bill was not burned for it the way Carrol was for a much less horrible decision was just insane to me.
Obviously the Patriots couldn't sniff a Super Bowl the last few years, but if Belichick had made that kind of decision more recently he would've been crucified.

But back then you had people who would defend anything he did, guys like Andy here who held on for dear life saying it made perfect sense.

It was ****ing insane and cost the patriots a Super Bowl, and even though I haven't watched a minute of this dynasty thing my impression is the Krafts are being kind of pissy toward Belichick, which is sort of ******** for sure because Belichick was a huge part of an incredible dynasty, but sometimes I get so pissed about the Butler thing I don't think I even mind if Belichick gets slapped around a little bit now

He said he didn’t know in the documentary. I don’t exactly believe that.

Because he obviously knows.

The fact he's never said anything should really be enough of an answer for everyone, but it's not. And Belichick isn't going to throw him under the bus.
There is nothing more delusional than people still thinking Bill told no soul because he wanted to protect a guy he sat Ina SB.

Used to be because he was sick or did not practice well. Hilarious stuff.

Because he obviously knows.

The fact he's never said anything should really be enough of an answer for everyone, but it's not. And Belichick isn't going to throw him under the bus.
Throw him under the bus for Malcolm telling Little Steve to FO? Then Little Steve running to Fat Matt, and Fat Matt telling Bill? The rest is history.

Butler probably snapped at Steve after a) he did something that he shouldn't have done, or b) he overreacted to something minor. Belichick benched him for lashing out at his son Steve.

That's the best explanation, because it would show why both don't want to say anything. It makes both of them look bad.

The issue I have with this is how one sided it all is. The truth, especially of a 20 year relationship, is never one sided. BB is getting his name dragged through the streets and being used as a punching bag without defending himself. I suspect we won’t get his side of the story until he retires as it’s never a good look to defend yourself against your previous employer.
In this case, it was his current employer when he was interviwed. A unique position - 1 of 5 people still employed by the pats when this docuseries was filmed and he was the HC. If the pats had made the playoffs and bill was still around, would this documentary have seen light of day or would kraft put a hold on it. Looks like it was created to take out on bill. The creator is a friend of the krafts and brady after all.

In this case, it was his current employer when he was interviwed. A unique position - 1 of 5 people still employed by the pats when this docuseries was filmed and he was the HC. If the pats had made the playoffs and bill was still around, would this documentary have seen light of day or would kraft put a hold on it. Looks like it was created to take out on bill. The creator is a friend of the krafts and brady after all.
I’m both surprised and unsurprised that some long time members on here that just say “well why didn’t BB say his side during the interviews” don’t understand the dynamic at play. BB might not even know the context of what is being made or when it could be released.

Throw him under the bus for Malcolm telling Little Steve to FO? Then Little Steve running to Fat Matt, and Fat Matt telling Bill? The rest is history.
You don't know the facts but that doesn't stop you from hating Bill which is somewhat understandable especially for your ilk but why are you making fun of Stephen and Matty P over rumors that you probably don't even believe. If you believe those rumors that would be one thing but I'm guessing you don't.

But if we were to go with your version of events then it's Butler's fault for telling a position coach to FO. You can complain about taking his kids side or going too far with the punishment but in your version Butler starts the chain of events.

Now the problem is we dont know that as fact so I don't like the idea of throwing Malcolm under the bus anymore than Bill so it's all BS until the facts are are revealed.

People need to point fingers and Bill is the easy bad guy so you take the easy way out. As an example you can go back a page or 2 and find your cabal blaming Bill for Brady and Giselle's split.

Last edited:
the fact there are still Pats fans who defend Belichick’s decision to bench Butler is ****ing insane. a few have even said Butler wouldn’t have helped make the 1 stop the team needed LMAO. there are probably at least 2 or 3 3rd and 4th downs you can go back to and see where Butler would have helped the defense make a stop. I refuse to ever watch that ******** game again but I do remember one play that Butler damn well would have made. I think it was Bademosi whiffing on a 3rd down tackle that would have left PHI with like 4th and 5 or something deep in their own territory. instead, he whiffs on Agholor who gets the 1st and PHI scores a TD on that drive. a tackle Butler would have no doubt made

that ******** by Belichick cost the team a ring. Brady and the rest of that 2017 team knows it. Kraft knows it

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back