PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Re: I have a deal for some of you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEM said:
That being your opinion, then explain to me why Bill Belichick says, after nearly every win, WE CAN DO BETTER or WE NEED TO WORK ON THAT.

It is no different than what I see, or what I say.

This is also what he has said every year since he's been a coach, including those working with now current head coaches Crennel and Weis.

Let me ask a simple question -- were you wrong about Charlie Weis? Yes or no?

Box_O_Rocks said:
BF80 claims NEM had an escape clause in his proposal, the lawyers in the forum can debate that, my support is for the "newbie" who pointed to NEM's own words and tweeked him (semi-toungue in cheek, I doubt bee expected NEM to make good, but hope springs eternal).

LOL, well, I am a lawyer and BF80 is right about the escape clause. I stayed away from the initial thread as well, but reading the "proposal" here, it doesn't take too much in the way of debate to see that phrases like "in the manner that I think they can" "with some playaction passes" ("some"...how much is some?) are avenues for escape.

Bella*chick said:
LOL, well, I am a lawyer and BF80 is right about the escape clause. I stayed away from the initial thread as well, but reading the "proposal" here, it doesn't take too much in the way of debate to see that phrases like "in the manner that I think they can" "with some playaction passes" ("some"...how much is some?) are avenues for escape.
It is no less than I expected from Honest Mike's Horse Manure NEMporium.

Special Today Only **100% Horse Manure** (from genuine male bovines) Buy Now And SAVE!!!!

NEM said:
Even BB said it in his post game comments, there re things they need to do different and things they need to work on. Play action could be one of them. Makes sense to me.

Keep using this as your backup. BB has also said, though not in words, that Mcdaniels is capable of being the OC of the New England Patriots, stop picking and choosing your "evidence" to back your ridiculous opinions.

BB knows no team is perfect, no human is perfect. There will always be things you CAN improve upon, forever. In an NFL game, NO offense gets a TD every time they get the ball. This being a fact it is impossible for the patriots to EVER play a game where they do not have at a bare minimum one, 3-and-out, which you can pick and choose to use as ammo against Mcdaniels.

You pick 3 series in the 2nd quarter as proof again that Mcdaniels is bad, not knowing ANYTHING about who called that play, why they called any of the plays etc... IMO you seem to enjoy *****ING no matter what, and you ***** about things that can't be proven wrong just so you have some stupid thing to ***** about every day of your damn life. Yes I could be wrong, but I know I am right. :rolleyes:

Maybe you need to go back to law school. Just kidding.

NEM, you are a complete idiot, and a disgrace to these forums. Just Kidding.

Maybe you should stop watching the games :D

NEM said:
Read the deal again. Stop allowing your personal dislike effect your intelligence.

I don't dislike you.

In order for me to dislike you I would have to take you serious and I don't.;)

NEM said:
Even BB said it in his post game comments, there re things they need to do different and things they need to work on. Play action could be one of them. Makes sense to me.

Maybe you need to go back to law school. Just kidding.

BTW, are you a
"practicing attorney?" I hope not, cause most people wan t one that is finished practicing and is actually doing law work. :D

I am sure you have heard that one many times before.

Nope not currently practicing (I practiced securities and corporate law in NYC for a while). Don't want to go back to law school either! Also have no real desire to take another bar.... once was enough.

And BB says in EVERY single press conference he has ever had that there are thing they need to work on and do better. I would certainly fall over backwards and I'm sure you would too if he stepped up to the podium and said "We are football perfection. Nothing more to work on here." So I don't read very much into it...my guess is they will always work to improve, even if they win 55-0. Besides, what BB says or doesn't say in his press conferences was not remotely a part of your original bargain (ie. I reserve the right to comment on facets of the game that BB mentions in his press conferences, etc.), so I'm not sure how it's relevant to the original deal.

The point is when you say I promise to do so and so PROVIDED THAT they run things in a way I find satisfactory, and then don't provide a framework for exactly what that is (ie. how many play action passes...in what circumstances, etc.) you are not really agreeing to do anything at all. If you meant to critique the performance regardless of whether or not it was offensive perfection for all 60 minutes (and if you meant to critique them on a quarter by quarter basis, you should have explicitly stated it), then why even propose a deal at all. Because I have never, ever seen a game in which the Pats were perfect in every way, offensively or defensively all four quarters.

eta: I have heard the practicing joke many, many, many times before. FWIW, doctors get that all the time too for "practicing" medicine.

Last edited:
Bella*chick said:
Nope not currently practicing (I practiced securities and corporate law in NYC for a while). Don't want to go back to law school either! Also have no real desire to take another bar.... once was enough.

And BB says in EVERY single press conference he has ever had that there are thing they need to work on and do better. I would certainly fall over backwards and I'm sure you would too if he stepped up to the podium and said "We are football perfection. Nothing more to work on here." So I don't read very much into it...my guess is they will always work to improve, even if they win 55-0. Besides, what BB says or doesn't say in his press conferences was not remotely a part of your original bargain (ie. I reserve the right to comment on facets of the game that BB mentions in his press conferences, etc.), so I'm not sure how it's relevant to the original deal.

The point is when you say I promise to do so and so PROVIDED THAT they run things in a way I find satisfactory, and then don't provide a framework for exactly what that is (ie. how many play action passes...in what circumstances, etc.) you are not really agreeing to do anything at all. If you meant to critique the performance regardless of whether or not it was offensive perfection for all 60 minutes (and if you meant to critique them on a quarter by quarter basis, you should have explicitly stated it), then why even propose a deal at all. Because I have never, ever seen a game in which the Pats were perfect in every way, offensively or defensively all four quarters.

NEM takes two routes when he's wrong, neither of which include admitting he's wrong:

1. He changes his argument and pretends that what he's saying now is what he said before, maintaining all the while that he was right in the first place even though his new stance has nothing at all to do with his original stance (IE: this thread, further example: The Cincy prediction and subsequent spinfest).

2. He ignores the posts calling him out alltogether, which he frequently does when he knows his argument has no basis in truth to stand on (but he'll still defend that same stance in other threads where the calling-out posts were not made).

As I've seen it those are the two main ways in which the NEMspinmachine works.

Actually, there's also this:

3. He ignores your points and simply states "I'm right, you're wrong. Have a nice day." Which is sometimes sprinkled with a various assortment of different insults or curses.

Delightful!

Last edited:
Brownfan80 said:
NEM takes two routes when he's wrong, neither of which include admitting he's wrong:

1. He changes his argument and pretends that what he's saying now is what he said before, maintaining all the while that he was right in the first place even though his new stance has nothing at all to do with his original stance (IE: this thread, further example: The Cincy prediction and subsequent spinfest).

2. He ignores the posts calling him out alltogether, which he frequently does when he knows his argument has no basis in truth to stand on (but he'll still defend that same stance in other threads where the calling-out posts were not made).

As I've seen it those are the two main ways in which the NEMspinmachine works.

Actually, there's also this:

3. He ignores your points and simply states "I'm right, you're wrong. Have a nice day." Which is sometimes sprinkled with a various assortment of different insults or curses.

Delightful!

Yup, I've seen him in action as well. I don't respond very much because I quickly saw it was a lost cause. Sometimes, it's amusing, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back