PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RB's next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before and I'll say it now. Mark Ingram would look great in a Pats uniform. Nice blend of power and speed. He'd back up Benny at first but have a chance to take over as the main guy. Much like Mendenhall was initially behind Willie Parker, etc. Now I'm hoping since Ingram didn't have such a big year in 2010 that he'll drop to round 2 where he'd make a great value pick. If we can't get Ingram I'd target a big power back with hands and speed, yeah thinking a jackson/dillon/bettis type.

I still see Ingram as projected as one of top backs on board and likely Round 1. I like Benny but if Pats get Ingram he's starting week 1 IMO.

Someone mentioned Michael Bush and he was my thought as potential FA (though is he FA next year?). Would give them nice complement of decent all around back, bruiser with some speed, and shifty third down back.

I'm not sure what Devine would give us that Woodhead already doesn't. I mean I like what I see. But are we trying to corner the market on midget RBs that drive defenses crazy? He kind of duplicates what Woodhead gives us with maybe more straightline speed. He looks like a playmaker though.

Scott looks interesting. I like the speed and vision. But I wouldn't call him shifty. What he does give from the video that I saw is a good target in the passing game and in the redzone. He doesn't look like a powerback by any means though. I don't expect to see him break a lot of tackles in the NFL.

I'm assuming these guys are mid to late round prospects?

Last edited:
If Ronnie Brown is an UFA this offseason, I could see the Pats going after him.

We've had BJGE replace Taylor/Maroney, Woodhead replace Faulk, and I think we're only going to need a replacement (upgrade) for Morris. He's getting older and has a better chance at injury than a young back. I would like to see a 3-5 round big RB/FB with great special teams and blocking skills ala Heath Evans. I don't know if I want to spend a high pick on Ingram if he isn't going to help on ST and I don't know if he is a decent blocker.

As long as BJGE keeps holding onto the ball and avoids injury he is our workhorse back. If we want to enhance our running game, we need to spend some picks on the OL.

Or we could just see if Connelly can carry the ball :D

Every good running back has a great O-line opening lanes for him. But I wouldn't mind seeing BB draft mid-rounds a pounder type. Low draft picks need to go to O-line and DE/OLB........

The most impressive thing about BJGE and Danny (Gumby) Woodhead for me is they never lose the ball. Positive yards and no fumbles..... :cool:

The rumor is that the Pats were targeting Montario Hardesty in the 2nd round of last year's draft.

So don't discount the Pats doing the same thing next year or even taking one with one of their 1st round picks.

Green Ellis is doing a remarkable job at RB, but the Pats need to improve that position.

However, the O-line needs an improvement as well (especially at the C and RG position).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick