PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RayLew on Sportscenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGameguy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Sounded like he was positioning himself for a trade/release. I only caught the latter portion of the interview. He said that he wanted to stay in Baltimore, but wasn't allowed to do what he is capable of doing, and wanted to go to an "attractive" team that would allow him to "show his dominance."

Is this the other shoe that drops as Felger has been saying?

DGameguy said:
Sounded like he was positioning himself for a trade/release. I only caught the latter portion of the interview. He said that he wanted to stay in Baltimore, but wasn't allowed to do what he is capable of doing, and wanted to go to an "attractive" team that would allow him to "show his dominance."

Is this the other shoe that drops as Felger has been saying?
Has Felger mentioned Lewis??? When?? What has he said??

Can you imagine Lewis and Bruschi in the middle with Rosie and Vrabel on the edges. Toss in Wilfork, Seymour and Warren collapsing the pocket. That is just nuts.

Just leave the dancing in Baltimore and I wouldn't have a problem with him coming here. It's about team not showtime individuality.

Last edited:
I mentioned that a month or 2 back. Would looooove to see it.

Patjew said:
I mentioned that a month or 2 back. Would looooove to see it.
Yeah, I remember. It is fun to think about. Be would be feared.

But what would it take?? And would he wish to come to NE??

Pats726 said:
But what would it take?? And would he wish to come to NE??
Depends on his priorities, winning or money. Being "the man", or a piece of the machine.

CrazyDave said:
Depends on his priorities, winning or money. Being "the man", or a piece of the machine.
Wanting a team that "allows him to show his dominance" would tend to make you think the former, which is yet another reason why I don't think he is a Patriots kind of player.

PromisedLand said:
Wanting a team that "allows him to show his dominance" would tend to make you think the former, which is yet another reason why I don't think he is a Patriots kind of player.
Excellent point.

My initial reaction to the pipe dream of him coming here was negative. And after rethinking that, it's still the same. His persona is mighty-large and i'm not sure how well that would go over with this franchise.

Though, in past years, he has said that Brady is the best QB in the league.

PromisedLand said:
Ray Lewis has been quoted many times complaining about the 3-4 defense when Baltimore tried itI dont think he is wanting to come and play a lot of it here...that being said I hope im wrong I love his enthusiasm and leadership

I dont see any situation where he could become a patriot. Although I would love to see it.

Drink up.....

patsfan2113 said:
I dont see any situation where he could become a patriot. Although I would love to see it.

One large glass of Kool AId :eat1: -- Belichick flavored of course, along with a slice of humble pie would do it....

Im not interested in Lewis coming here.
His cost in trade and cap room will be based on what he used to be, and it is very clear, IMO, that he isnt what he used to be.

I'd love him at a fair price, but that will never happen.

He has struggled quite a bit in a 3-4, and I think he will only go to a 4-3 team.
Lewis is about having a defense set up to protect him. Our defense is about LBs taking on and shedding blockers. He won't want to play in a defense that isnt built around keeping blockers off him, and we won't want LBs who cant take on blockers. At least not at that price.

AndyJohnson said:
Im not interested in Lewis coming here.
His cost in trade and cap room will be based on what he used to be, and it is very clear, IMO, that he isnt what he used to be.

I'd love him at a fair price, but that will never happen.

He has struggled quite a bit in a 3-4, and I think he will only go to a 4-3 team.
Lewis is about having a defense set up to protect him. Our defense is about LBs taking on and shedding blockers. He won't want to play in a defense that isnt built around keeping blockers off him, and we won't want LBs who cant take on blockers. At least not at that price.

Hey Andy. Haven't heard much draft speculation from you. Maybe, i've
missed it. What's your .02 on Day 1?

Yes, Felger has been talking about it on his radio show since free agency started.

I mean, there are a lot of questions around this, and I really cant make up my mind as to whether I want him here or not. I think his problems with the 3-4 have been a lack of size on Baltimore's d-line. He does prefer to play the 4-3, but his points about being used properly made Belichick immediately pop up in my mind. Ray is a me guy, but he has also been considered a great ingame team leader. Some people have said he has willed the Ravens to victory.

I remember a game against the Vikings in 01, when Grbac was miserable at QB, and Ray lew was miced up. The defense just got off the field after a great series, and Grbac almost immediately turned the ball over. Ray went up and down the bench reminding everyone it was a 60 minute game and telling them to "put some smiles" on their faces as he put slammed his helmet on.

If its for a 2nd, I would do it. Are we really going to find a better immediate impact ILB in the 2nd round this year? Belichick has taken other "me" or "problem" guys before, see Corey Dillon. Ray wants another signing bonus, but he also wants to win, and is a football player first. A lot of people thought Dillon was selfish, too.

I like to see the Patriots get a veteran LB, along with drafting one or two. I don't think Lewis is the answer, he's too much of a selfish player, and wants a heck of a lot of money.

I think its time to stop the Ray Lewis talk, it never will happen.. Nor do I want all that jazz that comes with him either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes