PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ray Lewis Old Spice Commercial + Other Patriot Hating...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Comcast commercial with Brady in it is gay.

Brady is a great QB but a horrid actor..don't quit your day job Tom

Remember this one? I think it is from 02. The disrespect of the Jets goes way back!

These Ray Lewis commercials are purely for humor, anyone taking it any other way is just being soft skinned. For Christ sakes he rides a Raven while being covered in foam.

Lighten up.

Thoughts? How about you get checked for paranoia.

and do you recall last year's playoff game against those Ravens? Perhaps the write of the commercial does.

Wonderful. Another moronic Green Beans fan here to talk trash but can't write to save his life.

Wonderful. Another moronic Green Beans fan here to talk trash but can't write to save his life.

love that ny school system. if you don't want to get dumber, do NOT watch "jersey shores".

A digital camera commercial where a fake Chargers WR catches a pass for a touchdown against a Patriots.

Yeah, that's the one I always do a double take on. If you notice, the Patriot guys are shown all falling and tumbling down, in their current white away uniforms, yet they're wearing SILVER pants!

Last time I checked, the last timeThe Patriots wore silver pants with white jerseys was 1999. Yep, with the huge flying Elvises on the shoulders (is that the plural of Elvis, or it it "Elivi", or "Elvii"? I'm gonna havta check that "Leaving Las Vegas" movie). The era from 1993-1999, when they had 3 different variations on that new look. One in '93, another in '94, and the last between '95-'99. All with silver away pants.
Reference the 1996 Super Bowl vs. 'Ol Man Favre. How many times have we seen the clip of the 1st touchdown pass, him taking off the helmet and running towards the sideline. Pats in silver away pants.
Personally, I like the 1979 away unis with the white tops and the red pants. Those were killer.

Anyway, that camera commercial is digitally created and the unis are inaccurate, so every time I see it I say,"Well, that's not really a touchdown against the Patriots, because THAT incarnation of The Pats has never existed." ehh ha ha.

YouTube - Old Spice | Bear starring NFL Superperson Ray Lewis

Has anyone noticed that the other team in this commercial is the Pats? Falling down, etc..

I cant decide whether I'm annoyed or enjoy the fact that general public hates us. Don't believe me? Turn on NFL network for 30 minutes. On that channel (or during most games on any channel), the commercials often have multiple game clips spliced into them. I guarantee that youll see atleast one clip of the Pats getting burned. Pay attention... sometimes they do it in slow-motion, other times its a quick blip, but there will be a clip of the following in these commercials:

Tom Brady being sacked
Someone catching a ball over one of our corners
A clip from SB42
One of our RBs getting stuffed

I bet one of my buddies 10 bucks the other day that you'd see a clip of the pats getting beat on every commercial break during NFL live... I'm now 10 dollars richer. There was one we had to rewind on the DVR to confirm (the new one where the fans with rivals jerseys on watching the game on the couch), but indeed there was a shot from last years Colts game briefly in it.

Thoughts?

I agree totally but as much as I hate BSPN I really enjoyed the Wes Welker commercial with these

Attachments

• pp.jpg
    pp.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 335
I don't understand why anyone would use Ray Lewis to advertise their product. I know he is a great player, but lets not forget all the legal issues he has had. Seems like the next step would be to hire OJ Simpson to do your TV ad. I have to say I was thinking of picking up some Old Spice to try something new. There is no chance of that now.

Ray Lewis is perfect for an Old Spice ad.

"Never let the jury see you sweat"..... Smiling Ray Lewis: "It worked for me!"

I've definitely noticed what u are talking about....ESPN commercials, NFL commercials always seem to choose video of a pats player getting beat or killed for their commercial or spot. The ray Lewis thing is just bizarre.....why would they single out the pats on that commercial....must have been his decision??......I know many on here call it paranoid....but it is very obvious to me....guess that's what happens when u are gr8est franchise of all time....

YouTube - Old Spice | Bear starring NFL Superperson Ray Lewis

Has anyone noticed that the other team in this commercial is the Pats? Falling down, etc..

I cant decide whether I'm annoyed or enjoy the fact that general public hates us. Don't believe me? Turn on NFL network for 30 minutes. On that channel (or during most games on any channel), the commercials often have multiple game clips spliced into them. I guarantee that youll see atleast one clip of the Pats getting burned. Pay attention... sometimes they do it in slow-motion, other times its a quick blip, but there will be a clip of the following in these commercials:

Tom Brady being sacked
Someone catching a ball over one of our corners
A clip from SB42
One of our RBs getting stuffed

I bet one of my buddies 10 bucks the other day that you'd see a clip of the pats getting beat on every commercial break during NFL live... I'm now 10 dollars richer. There was one we had to rewind on the DVR to confirm (the new one where the fans with rivals jerseys on watching the game on the couch), but indeed there was a shot from last years Colts game briefly in it.

Thoughts?

Take it as a compliment that you're hated enough for companies like Old Spice to profit from it. It comes from a combination of winning 3 superbowls and thralls of bandwagon jumping fans from across the county the past decade. People are jealous of teams that are good for so long, so they resort to hating them and they hate the bandwagon jumping fans even more.

I remember watching SB42 and everyone except one person, in a room of almost 20, was rooting for the Giants to win (including myself to be honest) simply because if we don't have a connection to either team, we naturally gravitate towards the underdog. Besides that there's also the "they've had their time, lets see someone else win" line of thinkng. And the one person that wanted the Patriots to win, only did because he wanted to go against the flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News