PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ray lewis complains about 2 ints called back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ray Lewis could have broken Brady's back

It was on Brady if he did. I said to the people I was with that Brady's jump was stupidly dangerous when he went over like he did. While they were celebrating the TD and I was holding my breath until Brady got up. It wasn't until the replay that I saw it looked worse than I even imagined.

except he didnt and now he's planning his offseason....

Did you see the hit he put on Brady after Brady's touchdown dive? Ray Lewis is a scum and the sooner the game is rid of him the better.

Brady is lucky to still be walking...

Yep, that was an ugly hit, but it was a clean play. Would it have been different, in your mind, if it were Flacco going over the pile, with Ninkovitch making the hit?

Tom's as tough as they come. It was a football hit, and it's obvious from his reaction that TFB is afootball player.

Brady got himself in that prone position and Lewis hit his back with his shoulder,not his helmet.

Lewis did what just about any defender would have done in that situation.

Lets not baby Brady by saying Lewis should have tapped him lightly on the back by trying to stop a play that would put that team ahead,you are supposed to stop forward progress and Lewis tried his best.

yes i am glad that TB did not get injured and was very worried until he got up . . . i am glad that Lewis did not go full force at TB, and was just following through and perhaps could of held up more than he did, but tough to do so . . .

regarding, the legality of the hit, the play was dead and well over by the time Lewis hit Brady, the play to dead once the ball crosses the front end of the goal line . . . i think some of the foregoing posters in this thread either dont know this or have forgotten this . . .

so give the fact that the play was dead by the time TB flew threw the air Lewis really should of held up . . .it is not that complicated . . . thank God that TB did not get injured . . . imo Lewis hit TB with more force than necessary, Lewis is not a rookie and he shoult therefore know the rules .

Who merged these two completely different topic threads because they had the same name in the title...?

The hit in the back looked a little bit gratuitous but that is football.

Ray said that he is not done. Not yet. We shall see how his legs (and his back for that matter) feel late next summer. Father time is undefeated.

Last edited:

yes i am glad that TB did not get injured and was very worried until he got up . . . i am glad that Lewis did not go full force at TB, and was just following through and perhaps could of held up more than he did, but tough to do so . . .

regarding, the legality of the hit, the play was dead and well over by the time Lewis hit Brady, the play to dead once the ball crosses the front end of the goal line . . . i think some of the foregoing posters in this thread either dont know this or have forgotten this . . .

so give the fact that the play was dead by the time TB flew threw the air Lewis really should of held up . . .it is not that complicated . . . thank God that TB did not get injured . . . imo Lewis hit TB with more force than necessary, Lewis is not a rookie and he shoult therefore know the rules .

Are you kidding? Are you saying that in the heat of the game, in a play that took a second, 2 at most, Lewis was supposed to notice that Brady crossed the end zone line and then stop? Why not just ask for Lewis to simply watch the line and announce the touchdown while you are at it?

That hit was perfectly legal and had nothing malicious about it.

Last edited:
I didn't get the feeling he was complaining at all. I actually came impressed with him. I thought he gracious towards the Pats, and the rest of his team. He ending the conference talking about the perspective of this game in light of a child he was mentoring dying of cancer. It was actually an awsome post game presser. It really was.

I watched the presser and agree 100%. When he was talking about the 17 yr old kid it was moving and sincere.

I don't believe that crying about calls is Lewis' style. In the pre-game interview, he was talking about Ravens' mistakes losing games.

If you want to point out crying about refereeing, wait for Suggs' interviews. It wouldn't be a Pats-Ravens game without him crying about calls favoring the Pats/Brady.

And the hit on Brady was legal. Lewis was trying to stop the dive. I don't blame Brady for doing it, but I wouldn't want to see that again in a game.

Last edited:
Ray Lewis is a crybaby loser.

I watched the presser and agree 100%. When he was talking about the 17 yr old kid it was moving and sincere.

I agree entirely, to be honest.

I don't have as much problem with R.Lewis as most do, and it seemed to me that he took his loss like a man, and wasn't pointing fingers at all.

I thought it was even admirable that he stood up for the 2 players in question, Evans and Cundiff--saying that "we win as a team, and go down as a team."

Let's face it--we've seen a lot worse from cry baby players in the past, and I didn't get that impression from Lewis this time.

In all honesty, I didn't think anyone besides maybe R.Williams and Pollard acted like jerks. I even thought Suggs was more than respectful, considering what we all expected.

Last edited:
Both those penalties were correctly called. Brady probably wouldn't have thrown that pick on the offsides call, but he threw caution into the wind know the worst that could have happened was the Pats get five yards and replay the down. The other pick, it looked pretty clear that Pollard threw an armbar on Welker knocking him off his route. Both were good calls.

Right. In different ways, the picks were CAUSED by the penalties.

No shame for Ray to get that wrong before seeing film. I just hope we never hear about it again after the next day or two.

How different this thread would be if Brady was in the hospital now unable to move his legs.

I don't remember RayRay pulling up at all; he seemed to be going full force (I will have to see a re-play). It just seems to me that Lewis is trying to hurt guys on every hit.

Contrast this to the sack the Patriots (Mark Anderson?) had on Flacco where he just bear-hugged him without even dumping him on the turf. Now granted the goal-line plunge happened very quickly but I get the impression that Lewis is out to kill on every play.

Last edited:

How different this thread would be if Brady was in the hospital now unable to move his legs.

I remember RayRay pulling up at all; he seemed to be going full force (I will have to see a re-play). It just seems to me that Lewis is trying to hurt guys on every hit.

Contrast this to the sack the Patriots (Mark Anderson?) had on Flacco where he just bear-hugged him without even dumping him on the turf. Now granted the goal-line plunge happened very quickly but I get the impression that Lewis is out to kill on every play.

Maybe thats why he will go down as one of the best at his position of all time. I would love to see Mayo get this attitude about him. To me he lacks nastiness which is fine cause we got SPIKESSSSSSSSSSSSS and he brings the nastiness, the swag the Cox affect.:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Did you see the hit he put on Brady after Brady's touchdown dive? Ray Lewis is a scum and the sooner the game is rid of him the better.

Brady is lucky to still be walking...

Which one, the completely legal one on Brady's end zone dive? Brady dove head first and went down headfirst which happens on a ton of those plays. Ray's job is to hit him as hard as possible and push him back in a game of inches.

It was a legit hit. Completely.

I remember RayRay pulling up at all; he seemed to be going full force (I will have to see a re-play). It just seems to me that Lewis is trying to hurt guys on every hit.

The outcome of the hit (injury vs. no injury) and our homer reactions being different does not change the circumstance of the hit. It was a good, clean hit. If you want to play hypotheticals, the commentary on the hit would look very similar if it was a Wilfork or Mayo hit on Flacco. We would say it was a legit hit regardless of injury, we really would.

The Armstrong bearhug on Brady has little to no similarity other than a QB held the football and got touched by a defensive player. None. One was a goalline stand with a 3-pt lead on the line in the 4th quarter, in a situation where you have a split second to stop a guy from going less than 2-3 feet. The other was a play 3-3.5 minutes into the game, 15-20 yards deep into Baltimore terrority on a ten-fifteen second play where Flacco was still trying to run away from Anderson when the whistle was blown. Anderson didn't have (and wouldn't have gotten) the leverage to throw Flacco to the ground until 2 seconds into the whistle blow at least. No comparison. If the whistle didn't blow, Anderson would've dropped him. He stopped and just bear-hugged AFTER the whistle blew.

Last edited:

It was on Brady if he did. I said to the people I was with that Brady's jump was stupidly dangerous when he went over like he did. While they were celebrating the TD and I was holding my breath until Brady got up. It wasn't until the replay that I saw it looked worse than I even imagined.
Stupidly dangerous?

Would you rather be watching a Ravens-Giants Super Bowl?

Last edited:
Lewis was pretty classy post game. It seems everyone on the Ravens side were all pretty classy. Unlike the last game they played up here and how they all reacted afterwards.

RAY LEWIS
On whether this was the toughest loss of his career:

?Absolutely not, been in this business way too long to be the toughest loss ever. Is it a tough loss? Absolutely. As a team, the way we came out and we fought, we fought, we fought and for the game to come down the way it was going to come down, we knew that because we?re built for 60 minutes. I take my hat off to my team because there?s so much else going on and the way we came in here and fought all year. Up and down, up and down. Injury here, injury there and the way we fought back to get back to this opportunity and then in the last seconds of the game, to come out and have an opportunity to tie that game up, to win the game, whatever it was, you can?t ask for anything else. God has never made a mistake, ever. Somebody is going to feel like this tomorrow. Somebody is going to feel like this in two weeks in the Super Bowl and whoever wins it, that?s their year and that?s a fact. It is nothing that nobody else can do about it and that?s the irony of sports. There?s a winner. There?s a loser and when you lose, you?ve got to suck it up like a man and say, ?You know what Father? If it?s your will, then so be it.? As a man, you?ve got to keep moving and as a team. We?ve got to keep moving, keep building, keep building and remember this taste no matter how many times you go through it because when you finally get it, you appreciate it more."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back