PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens Week Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will see lots of McGahee and McClain early, ball control , trying to keep our offense on the sidelines. That would be their plan for Sunday.

You forgot Rice, you wont after Sunday. :p

You forgot Rice, you wont after Sunday. :p

I certainly haven't, and I'm sure the Pats haven't either.

Even though McGahee torches us for 140+ yards in 2007, I am more worried about Rice than about McGahee and McClain. We tend to be vulnerable to the Leon Washington/Fred Jackson/Rice type of back more than to backs such as Thomas Jones or McGahee. Especially if Flacco uses Rice effectively in the short passing game. We won't shut him down, but containing him, limiting the YAC and shutting down the big play will be key.

You will see lots of McGahee and McClain early, ball control , trying to keep our offense on the sidelines. That would be their plan for Sunday.

Somehow I doubt it. That was the plan from last year, but this year Flacco is more developed, and consequently Cam has opened up the playbook for him.

What if I said, Mark Clayton may be a big factor. Lets not forget about our "Suggs Package" :D

Baltimore fans (at least educated/realistic ones), even though we've done pretty well in the past, we wont look past the game at hand. To talk playoffs now as a Ravens fan is SILLY, in fact most wont. Where as a lot of speculation, on your board is the Pats are a shoe in for making the playoffs/winning the division.

To talk playoffs in Week 4 is silly no matter who you are. But we've made the playoffs, what, 5 times over the past 7 years? Not like we're not used to winning either, so our fans have reason to expect to make the playoffs.

This is more of a measuring stick than a revenge game. In 2007, the season was long since broken before the Pats beat the Ravens. Baltimore was 4-7, on a 5-game losing streak, and were 19-point underdogs. Their performance that night was a demonstration of just how much that team was underachieving.

In retrospect, it's probably a good thing they lost. If they beat the Pats, they probably stay interested enough to also beat winless Miami, end up with 7 wins, and the meltdown isn't bad enough to cost Billick his job. Since Harbaugh arrived in town, it's become pretty painfully clear that after the 2000 Super Bowl, the Ravens were underachievers with Billick.

That's an interesting thought....but truthfully, I think everyone had already tired of Billick's incompetence whether or not we won a couple more games.

Somehow I doubt it. That was the plan from last year, but this year Flacco is more developed, and consequently Cam has opened up the playbook for him.

I'm honestly not sure how Baltimore will try to attack New England's defense.

If Wilfork and Mayo are out, I tend to agree that we will run very heavily (we have a tendency to try to run the ball down your throat if we think we can do it).

But seeing 40+ throws wouldn't surprise me from either QB.

Despite his accomplishments on the field, Lewis' public image was tarnished following a Super Bowl party on January 31, 2000. Following the party, a fight broke out between him and rapper Chino Nino's entourage, in which Jacinth Baker, 21, and Richard Lollar, 24, died from stab wounds. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were brought to an Atlanta police station for questioning. Eleven days later, along with Oakley and Sweeting, Lewis was indicted for murder and aggravated assault.

During the trial, several witnesses whose testimony would supposedly prove Lewis’ guilt had altered their stories initially given to investigators.Their testimonies were supposed to show that Ray Lewis hit, kicked or stabbed someone, and that he even admitted as much afterwards.
Lewis's attorney arranged with prosecutors to dismiss the murder charges if Lewis pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice in exchange for him testifying against Oakley and Sweeting. Lewis accepted the plea bargain and was sentenced to one year of probation. He was not suspended by the NFL but was fined US$250,000, a league record at the time.

Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted of the charges in June 2000. No other suspects have ever been arrested for the crime.

The following year, Lewis was named Super Bowl XXXV MVP. However, due to the controversy, he did not get the endorsements or the Disney World trip offered to recent MVP recipients. The signature phrase "I'm going to Disney World!" was given instead by quarterback Trent Dilfer.

On April 29, 2004, Lewis reached a settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, preempting a scheduled civil proceeding. [20] Lewis also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family.

So, Mr Innocent gets off...everybody gets off...there's two dead men whose families deserve to know why, yet NOTHING is done about it.

I'm wondering if the Patriots offense will be issued flak jackets when they go into the shotgun in fear of being shot by #52, who will undoubtedly plead self defense and testify against Ed Reed afterwards.

One in every crowd...

Gotta way off topic question for you, Many of you still mad at Irsay(??) for taking the Colts out of town??

A PoS Irsay still owning that team is a huge slap-in-the-face, but what is really infuriating is the fact that every single Colts hall of famer is in as an INDIANAPOLIS COLT.

Last week Peyton was talking about being compared to his brethren Colt Johnny Unitas. Give me a damn break; Unitas wanted nothing to do with the Colts after they left.

The Baltimore Colts are as much a part of Baltimore sports history as the Ravens.

Time heal all wounds??

No.
I am guessing there is kinda big Colts fanbase in Baltimore??

Nonexistent.
Ravens vs Colts, anyone care??

Probably second to Pittsburgh/Baltimore in significance.

Colts fans couldn't care less about the game, but we don't get too hyped when Cleveland comes to town, but Browns fans sure as hell do.

Last week Peyton was talking about being compared to his brethren Colt Johnny Unitas. Give me a damn break; Unitas wanted nothing to do with the Colts after they left.

I call b.s.

I lived in Catonsville and Ellicott City from 1987 to 1999, and in Montgomery County now.

I distinctly remember watching Johnny U lapping it up repeatedly at the foot of the Indianapolis Colts and the Irsays during the 1990's, not the least of which was his heavily lobbying the state of IN and the city of India-No-Place to cough up public funds for the stadium.

Believe whatever you want to make yourself feel better about how much Johnny U. was loyal to the good people of Baltimore. But you'd be believing in a myth.

Last edited:
So if we lay a beat down on the Ravens, are we going to be looked at as a good team....I mean they are ranked #1 and all....... ;)

I call b.s.

I lived in Catonsville and Ellicott City from 1987 to 1999, and in Montgomery County now.

I distinctly remember watching Johnny U lapping it up repeatedly at the foot of the Indianapolis Colts and the Irsays during the 1990's, not the least of which was his heavily lobbying the state of IN and the city of India-No-Place to cough up public funds for the stadium.

Believe whatever you want to make yourself feel better about how much Johnny U. was loyal to the good people of Baltimore. But you'd be believing in a myth.

I'm USUALLY RESPECTFUL, BUT YOU'RE FULL OF ****! Mr. Unitas was VERY MUCH ANTI INDY!

Last edited:
So if we lay a beat down on the Ravens, are we going to be looked at as a good team....I mean they are ranked #1 and all....... ;)

Certainly, but in my mind NE is already a good team.

I call b.s.

You'll strike quite a few nerves spewing around that kind of conjecture.

If Unitas had any connection with Indy, it was in an effort to promote football for Baltimore, period.

Unitas distanced himself from the Colts organization unless it was made clear that he was a Baltimore Colt.

Last edited:
I'm USUALLY RESPECTFUL, BUT YOU'RE FULL OF ****! Mr. Unitas was VERY MUCH ANTI INDY!

Don't bother...you should know by now to question the intent of anyone who would even bring this topic up for debate. Ignorance is bliss, so let them be happy.

True Story.

Don't bother...you should know by now to question the intent of anyone who would even bring this topic up for debate. Ignorance is bliss, so let them be happy.

Yet another reason Sunday can't come soon enough... ;)

someone posts an innocent blurb about Unitas and suddenly every one of these Raving fans gets all homicidal. This has to be the most antisocial team and fanbase in NFL history.

someone posts an innocent blurb about Unitas and suddenly every one of these Raving fans gets all homicidal. This has to be the most antisocial team and fanbase in NFL history.

Um.... nah. Too easy. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore