PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens "prepping" for Randy Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also refreshing to read about the opposition respecting us.
Not talking smack.
Letting the plays on the field do the talking.

Very refreshing.

Ever since Harbough came on board, the talk has stopped. It's quiet around these parts now that Billick, Rex, and the smack talking have gone.......but I'll take the winning over the talking any day.

Decent read, though I doubt the focus will be more on Moss. My guess is they'll bring the house and try to disrupt TB. They probably saw comfortable TB making throws against Atlanta and saw uncomfortable TB against Jests. I would think Welker is a must for game for those quick outs. Good find and thanks for posting it.:singing:
If Brady is in shotgun all game like he was vs. NY, then they'll bring the heat. If he's under center, using screens and play-action to slow down the rush like he vs. Atlanta, I cannot see Baltimore bringing the heat without burning themselves.

The Pats gameplans vs. NY and Atlanta played direct roles in the heat Brady faced. It wasn't one D choosing to blitz while another simply didn't.

Regards,
Chris

Let me add, he doesn't jump for balls, extend his arms, or go across the middle.....and.....he's a witch!

Does Moss weigh the same as a duck?

Keep prepping for Moss ... Brady has a new option receiver named Sammy Morris. :D

Go ahead, Ravens... focus on Moss. And leave Welker open.

Keep prepping for Moss ... Brady has a new option receiver named Sammy Morris. :D

Yeah, been diggin' Sammy this year. He's the new Heath Evans with more active games (and a better tan).

Nice read, thanks for the link. I think you always have to cover Moss but thats only 1 part of the Red/White/Blue Rubix cube. Baltimore knows this, the Ravens have played defense before. : )

Last edited:
If Brady is in shotgun all game like he was vs. NY, then they'll bring the heat. If he's under center, using screens and play-action to slow down the rush like he vs. Atlanta, I cannot see Baltimore bringing the heat without burning themselves.

The Pats gameplans vs. NY and Atlanta played direct roles in the heat Brady faced. It wasn't one D choosing to blitz while another simply didn't.

Regards,
Chris

That may be. However, if I were opposing defense, I would bring the house until Pats prove they can beat it, especially if Welker is not in the game. I mean giving QB like TB time is just asking to be picked apart. Make him run out of pocket, get rid of ball quick until you see him make accurate throws. TB so far has been bit erratic with his passes, not the cool consistent customer before the injury.

That may be. However, if I were opposing defense, I would bring the house until Pats prove they can beat it, especially if Welker is not in the game. I mean giving QB like TB time is just asking to be picked apart. Make him run out of pocket, get rid of ball quick until you see him make accurate throws. TB so far has been bit erratic with his passes, not the cool consistent customer before the injury.

In the Rey Ryan era, that would be the game plan. The problem then though is you have to have DOMINATANT CORNERS, we haven't had that since McCalister and Rolle were in their primes. Fabian Washington and Dominique Foxworth are up and coming but have 1 full season as a player in the Raven defense between them. Even still, Fabian was only a fulltime starter after week 5-6 last year. This is Foxworths first year with the team, he was more used to Atlanta/Denver zone coverage then what we do here in Baltimore. Press man coverage can be learned but they have not mastered that yet.

Let me add, he doesn't jump for balls, extend his arms, or go across the middle.....and.....he's a witch!

I think he is a witch, or at least made a pact with the devil. 6'4", 51" vertical and a 4.2-something 40-???

For the Ravens' relatively diminutive cornerbacks, the challenge is matching Moss' physical prowess. He's virtually always open simply by virtue of his superior size and athleticism. And his leaping ability is unparalleled.
How do you counteract a weapon like that?

“You gotta do something,” Washington said. “Get his arm, do something. He plays bigger than what he is. He’s like Plaxico Burress that way.”

Well this just leads one (me at least) to believe that BB is right in his secrecy on the injury report all along.

What do you want to bet that since Moss' back injury is well publicicized now; that the "you gotta do something" translates into Baltimores Def coaches emphasizing getting a few cheap hits in on Moss and try and take him out of the game or at least off of his game.

Be watching and see if they take a few shots right as the whistle blows or thereabout even when he is away from the ball.

They can't shut down Randy Moss. They can only hope to contain him. :D

datelines-randy-moss.jpg

Respect!
YouTube - Respect - Biggie (Original Version)

:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results