PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ras-I Dowling

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Reiss reports that Dowling left practice with an unknown injury. I'm sure his status is "day to day".

What a damn waste. I hope the team doctors have enough paper mache left to repair whatever is the problem this time.

Reiss reports that Dowling left practice with an unknown injury. I'm sure his status is "day to day".

Here we go again.. This is what BB and Patricia need to say to Dowling (see below).

Rocky Balboa: "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!"

mrglass.jpg

I'm not giving up on him yet myself. I'm stubborn like that.

Get the hell back on the field and toughen up, Ras-I.

Shhhhh!!!! Everyone please stop typing... the vibrations from your keyboards might hinder his recovery.

I haven't given up on him yet either; this is however the perfect thread to use this smiley :baby:.

CB sounds pretty strong on teh front line but the position cannot afford injuries.

All the glass jokes aside, I hope people come to realize that it's not just injury problems with Dowling's game. He's not a very good CB.

CB sounds pretty strong on teh front line but the position cannot afford injuries.

Yep, we may still be one injury away from seeing Arrington return to an outside role. Belichick still seems to like him there for some reason or another.

Hopefully Dowling can finally string together a season (or Talib for that matter who is currently 0/5) even if that means missing a handful of games somewhere in the middle.

All the glass jokes aside, I hope people come to realize that it's not just injury problems with Dowling's game. He's not a very good CB.

I'd love to argue or agree. I haven't seen a body of work to confirm or deny.

Yep, that's really what it comes down to. We just haven't seen enough one way or another.

The positives are that he was immediately starting right off the bat in year one, and also that he was leading our CBs last year in a very small sample size through 23 passes thrown his way in terms of allowing the lowest completion percentage.

The negatives are more than obvious.

Here we go again.. This is what BB and Patricia need to say to Dowling (see below).

Rocky Balboa: "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!"

It might be that Dowling is just fundamentally injury-prone, which happens. I wouldn't assume that it's because he's not tough enough: that's a tough assumption to make about any professional football player.

That said, he needs to get back on the field ASAP. Has missed too much time already over the past two years.

The rookies make a fool out of him at camp. He was 4th on the depth chart last year before he got injured. He looked poor in dime package last year.

There is a decent amount of evidence he's not a good CB. The only evidence he's good was that he started a game his rookie year and looked good, before his era of glass.

The rookies make a fool out of him at camp. He was 4th on the depth chart last year before he got inured. He looked poor in dime package last year.

There is a decent amount of evidence he's not a good CB. The only evidence he's good was that he started a game his rookie year and looked good, before his era of glass.

Could his glassiness have led to the small sample of poor showing. Bad hip wasn't it?

The 3 things you never see, proof of big foots existence, Kardashians abstaining from sex or tv appearances, and Dowling playing actual games in the NFL.

Whats new....surprised he made it this far without a injury

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back