PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I thought Wes Welker had replaced Randy Moss as the Freddie Kreuger of this forum.

I guess one is Kreuger and the other is Michael Myers.

No worries we now have LaQuan who is currently seeking advice from....

LaQuan Williams ‏@i_amQUAN 10m
@ochocinco any tips on how to pick up on this NE playbook quick?

lmao

No worries we now have LaQuan who is currently seeking advice from....

LaQuan Williams ‏@i_amQUAN 10m
@ochocinco any tips on how to pick up on this NE playbook quick?

lmao

That's like Congress for tips on becoming popular. Some hardcore political commentary for you guys see it isn't all **** jokes.

Not much surprises me in terms of wanting to bring players in, but at this point in time I'm a bit surprised that there are some who still think that Randy Moss is even a thought for anyone in this organization.

If they didn't bring him in the past couple/few years, what makes anyone think they'd consider it now?

There's also the fact that he's currently under contract with Fox sports as part of their pregame show, so any theoretical deal that would be proposed in anyone's mind would have to include enough money to cover his "out" from the contract there, while also providing him some profit. When you look at some of his recent deals (SF 1 million dollars), it's hard to imagine anyone giving him something that would allow him to do that.

And I thought Wes Welker had replaced Randy Moss as the Freddie Kreuger of this forum.

I guess one is Kreuger and the other is Michael Myers.

I'm assuming that Welker would be the one attempting to catch the ball with those long knives on his fingers, so he'd definitely be Freddie Kruger.

(Kidding, I'm kidding...) I would have loved to see Wes retained here for another couple of yrs, and it's a shame that it didn't happen.

While I don't think that he's the reason for our lack of offense at times, I think the small difference in the amount of money was practically ridiculous, and that they should've raised the offer from 2/10 to 2/11. In my opinion, it would've been enough to keep him here.

I'm assuming that Welker would be the one attempting to catch the ball with those long knives on his fingers, so he'd definitely be Freddie Kruger.

(Kidding, I'm kidding...) I would have loved to see Wes retained here for another couple of yrs, and it's a shame that it didn't happen.

While I don't think that he's the reason for our lack of offense at times, I think the small difference in the amount of money was practically ridiculous, and that they should've raised the offer from 2/10 to 2/11. In my opinion, it would've been enough to keep him here.

He got offered 3/18 in 2012. He could have signed with us, he chose not too IMO.

The OP deserves nothing more than a gif.

1292625104004.png

He got offered 3/18 in 2012. He could have signed with us, he chose not too IMO.

That's a fine point and one that can be reasonably argued, however I am referring only to the situation from this year. In all actuality, they basically didn't offer 3/18. They really offered 3/20, since they had already paid 10 million on the franchise tag and offered a new 2/10 deal on top of that. Or at least that's how they saw it anyway....

NE very well could have chosen to come up one million dollars from 2/10 to 2/11, which not only would've been very, very close to DEN's at 2/12, but it also had more first year guaranteed money. My personal opinion is that would have been enough to get him to stay for 2 more years.

I'm not taking sides. I'm just pointing out that they very well probably could have came up from 2/10 to 2/11, and he'd likely still be here. They apparently chose to pass on coming up at all, and probably had already moved on when they heavily courted Danny Amendola that Saturday morning in the legal tampering period.

Does anyone know if Randy Moss has retired or if he is willing to come back to the NFL? The Patriots could use him. If he is interested then the Pats need to bring him back and get this offense going again. With Moss back I can guarantee that the Pats will put up over 30 a game the rest of the way. GO PATRIOTS!!

This is why I try not to post at 3 in the morning.
;)

What exactly does moss at this point bring that Dobson doesn't? Dobson is currently on pace for 800 yards and 7 TDs as a rookie

Get real. I really like Aaron Dobson and i think he can become a really good player for the Patriots but saying he's better than a first ballot HOF player who is among the top 3 players to ever play the position is really ridiculous. If Dobson becomes 3/4 of what Randy Moss was then the Patriots have the steal of the draft.

I think (hope) he's saying that Dobson is better than Moss is now, in which case he's right. If he's saying anything more than that... well yeah, that's preposterous.

I hereby name this the Rasputin Thread (the thread that wouldn't die.)

Is it possible that we all agree that when Randy Moss becomes eligible for Medicare that we stop creating threads titled: "Randy Moss?"

Might as well bring him in and see if he has anything. What harm can that do? If the Pats were smarter they would have done it back in September, but they still have a chance to get him. Moss loves BB and TB and they love him. It's time to bring Moss back and get him a ring so he can go into the HOF as a PATRIOT. Moss is the f-ing BOSS. Let's get mossy. That's what I say. Yeah.

Might as well bring him in and see if he has anything. What harm can that do? If the Pats were smarter they would have done it back in September, but they still have a chance to get him. Moss loves BB and TB and they love him. It's time to bring Moss back and get him a ring so he can go into the HOF as a PATRIOT. Moss is the f-ing BOSS. Let's get mossy. That's what I say. Yeah.

Oh I get it now. This is just a big joke. Your first couple posts had me thinking you were serious. I kept thinking there's no way someone could possibly think bringing Moss in, is a good idea. The idea that he's even any good at this point, is simply laughable. I'm sorry I didnt catch on sooner. Awesome joke. ;)

A total "LOOK AT ME!!!" thread

THREAD IGNORE ON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk