PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss unretired (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, boy... here we go.....

2aghtu.jpg

I dont think Moss would unretire for any team BUT the Patriots.......anyone saying they wouldnt welcome him back is full of SH*T....Moss/Gronk/Hernandez/Welker inside the 20...DEADLY

If it is full of sh*t to assume they do not want him back, then why did they get rid of him in the first place, and why did they notwant him back in 2011?
Your argument is like saying anyone who thinks it will snow in February is full of sh#t.

Only three words.

SIGN THE BEAST!

If it is full of sh*t to assume they do not want him back, then why did they get rid of him in the first place, and why did they notwant him back in 2011?
Your argument is like saying anyone who thinks it will snow in February is full of sh#t.

I remember reading that they offered him a contract this past offseason, but he was not okay with the terms. Dunno if that's true, but if so, then it's pretty much a sure thing that nobody else would be offering him more than that. If he wants to come back, then that has to mean that his demands have come down considerably.

Well, I hope he comes back. As a 5th option after Gronk, Welker, Lloyd, and Hernandez I think he would be great.

Good luck to him, I hope he gets a job somewhere. He'll always have a special place in my Pats Fan heart for scoring what should have been the Super Bowl winning touchdown.

For me, these conditions have to be met for Moss to return:

1. One year $1 million, incentive laden contract; base salary guaranteed if he makes 53 roster cut.
2. Moss understands and accepts a decreased snap count
3. No more crazy press conferences
4. Run hard

Might as well turn the Pats into The Wild Bunch. Let's just sign a bunch of old guys that used to be great for one last shot at the Super Bowl.

Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Cris Carter (would probably help him get into the HOF)
Dan Marino as TB's backup
Bruce Smith
LT (lol)
Barry Sanders

EDIT: I'd always welcome Junior Seau back as well.

Last edited:
Might as well turn the Pats into The Wild Bunch. Let's just sign a bunch of old guys that used to be great for one last shot at the Super Bowl.

Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Cris Carter (would probably help him get into the HOF)
Dan Marino as TB's backup
Bruce Smith
LT (lol)
Barry Sanders

EDIT: I'd always welcome Junior Seau back as well.

I've got not take on Moss, because I haven't seen him running in over a year, but adding one older player to an offense that's going to be quite young isn't remotely the same thing as loading up with a bunch of senior citizens.

Last edited:
I've got not take on Moss, because I haven't seen him running in over a year, but adding one older player to an offense that's going to be quite young isn't remotely the same thing as loading up with a bunch of senior citizens.

Do you want moss back?

Do you think he comes back?

I can see him playing with the Ravens or Jets...Honestly, he'd fit in perfectly with the Jets.

I can't believe people still talk about Moss...the guy did nothing in his last year..he's toast

Do you want moss back?

I haven't seen him run in over a year, so I couldn't give an informed answer right now. I want a receiver who can threaten Middle-deep. The name isn't important to me.

Do you think he comes back?

I have no idea.

For what it's worth, Christopher Price offers five reasons why Moss won't be re-signed.

It Is What It Is » Five reasons why Randy Moss won’t be back with the Patriots

Remember — the Patriots had their opportunity to re-sign Moss last year. When they needed another receiver, they went for Tiquan Underwood instead of Moss, which should tell you all you need to know about where they think of Moss’ skill set at this point.

3. The Patriots must get younger at wide receiver: New England needs to go in the other direction at the receiver position. Branch (32), Welker (30) and Chad Ochocinco (34) are all closer to the end of their careers than the beginning. While the Patriots are a relatively young bunch at all of the other skill positions, they are starting to show their collective age at wide receiver, and the return of the 35-year-old Moss does nothing to make them younger.

Interesting tweet from La Canfora:

There's a market for Randy Moss, especially if price demands are feasible. His agent, Joel Segal, heard from teams as soon as news broke

Twitter / Jason La Canfora: There's a market for Randy ...

..... and here's one about Moss' speed:

On Total Access ... Our own @HeathEvans said he got a text from Moss earlier, with Moss saying he could run a 4.35-4.38 40 right now.

http://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/169210541062111232

Last edited:
At Moss' age, in addition to speed and acceleration, durability would be a major concern.

Randy may be sanguine right now, but after several games of the regular NFL grind, his body might not be so enthusiastic.

Last edited:
Why the heck couldn't he have called BB a few weeks ago....when gronk's ankle went out. You know, obviously BB knew Gronk's ankle was toast and he was not going to get much out of him in SB.....WHY wouldn't he have brought in Moss at that time. 1) It would have made the Gints think.....is Moss the diversion..and is gronk really not as bad off as it seems....or 2) Gronk is toast they have to go to a guy like Moss to open up the field. It certainly could NOT have HURT us to have pulled Moss off the bench in time for the SB....because THEY knew that Gronk was done.....Ocho sucked....Branch is pretty much done.....and all we had going was Hernandez and Welker. The pressure got to those two with those dropsies........

I'm just saying that BB should have tried to do SOMETHING to open up the lanes a bit once he knew that Gronk wasn't going to be able to do Jack....and Moss would have been a decent option.

For what it's worth, Christopher Price offers five reasons why Moss won't be re-signed.

3. The Patriots must get younger at wide receiver

#3 only matters if his being there prevents a potentially good-great young wr from being on the team.
If his being there prevents Underwood or Slater from playing the position, I don't really care.
I'd happily take an aged group of Welker,Lloyd,Branch,Moss,another chance for Ocho, with Slater/Underwood on the sidelines
over the younger
Welker, Branch, Underwood, Slater, 2 rookies

Why the heck couldn't he have called BB a few weeks ago....when gronk's ankle went out. You know, obviously BB knew Gronk's ankle was toast and he was not going to get much out of him in SB.....WHY wouldn't he have brought in Moss at that time. 1) It would have made the Gints think.....is Moss the diversion..and is gronk really not as bad off as it seems....or 2) Gronk is toast they have to go to a guy like Moss to open up the field. It certainly could NOT have HURT us to have pulled Moss off the bench in time for the SB....because THEY knew that Gronk was done.....Ocho sucked....Branch is pretty much done.....and all we had going was Hernandez and Welker. The pressure got to those two with those dropsies........

I'm just saying that BB should have tried to do SOMETHING to open up the lanes a bit once he knew that Gronk wasn't going to be able to do Jack....and Moss would have been a decent option.

I wouldn't of minded seeing Gronk and Moss on the hail mary. Oh well, forget such thoughts. You can't change history.

If he really has something left in the tank and would come at a reasonable price, why not??

with welker, Gronk, Hernandez...Moss would find himself in single coverage alot..and I would be he can still beat his man single covered unlike Branch....or if he's paired with the #3 or #4 Cornerback. plus we know that he knows the system. the pats brought Branch back so its not out of the realm of possibilities

one of our fa wr acquisitions is going to be a 30+year old guy...whether it be Moss, or reggie wayne etc....the only way we're getting younger at that position is through the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News