PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss unretired (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the heck couldn't he have called BB a few weeks ago....when gronk's ankle went out. You know, obviously BB knew Gronk's ankle was toast and he was not going to get much out of him in SB.....WHY wouldn't he have brought in Moss at that time. 1) It would have made the Gints think.....is Moss the diversion..and is gronk really not as bad off as it seems....or 2) Gronk is toast they have to go to a guy like Moss to open up the field. It certainly could NOT have HURT us to have pulled Moss off the bench in time for the SB....because THEY knew that Gronk was done.....Ocho sucked....Branch is pretty much done.....and all we had going was Hernandez and Welker. The pressure got to those two with those dropsies........

I'm just saying that BB should have tried to do SOMETHING to open up the lanes a bit once he knew that Gronk wasn't going to be able to do Jack....and Moss would have been a decent option.

is this serious or a joke post?

I think I would at least look at him if I'm the patriots...maybe dont make him our #1 priority when looking at WR's....but if say lloyd goes somewhere else for more $$ and Reggie Wayne follows peyton...for a reasonable price I would take him.

he might not be the randy moss of old, but he doesnt need to be. just someone who can beat man coverage and get off the jam...something that branch can't do.

I haven't seen him run in over a year, so I couldn't give an informed answer right now. I want a receiver who can threaten Middle-deep. The name isn't important to me.

I have no idea.

Well good answer..better than the folks who swear moss is shot, and the ones who say there is no chance of him coming back

You know, the ones who must workout with him every day, knew his medical condition last year, and who have inside info on patriots personal moves.

just sign him and then trade him to the vikings for a 3rd round pick

You all know the pats put a claim in for him when min cut him right?
So sayin no way the pats would take him back is silly.

The Titans were the only team to claim him. Pats were 32nd in the pecking order at the time, so there was no point of claiming him.

Wow...

He can run a 4.35 forty right now?

That should be a 'prove it' statement when he goes on team visits. If he can run a 4.5 flat I'd take him serious.

I doubt he breaks 4.5 though...Look, Moss has always been a freak, never a worker....The guy isn't intrinsically driven to succeed. He just "plays when he wants to play".

Randy Moss' idea of off-season training consists of Apple Jacks, Xbox 360, Netflix, and UFC on Pay-Per view...He's the first in line at Game Stop when the new Modern Warfare comes out.

Randy was bored at home this morning. He thought to himself "Man, I'd like to be playing some footyball again"...So he made a video.

I love Moss...Maybe the most naturally talented wide receiver to ever play, and if he could run a sub 4.5 forty I'd love for the Pats to kiss and makeup for another season...But I highly doubt Moss is capable.

He should show up at the Scouting Combine and shock the world.

is this serious or a joke post?

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Wow...

He can run a 4.35 forty right now?

That should be a 'prove it' statement when he goes on team visits. If he can run a 4.5 flat I'd take him serious.

I doubt he breaks 4.5 though...Look, Moss has always been a freak, never a worker....The guy isn't intrinsically driven to succeed. He just "plays when he wants to play".

Randy Moss' idea of off-season training consists of Apple Jacks, Xbox 360, Netflix, and UFC on Pay-Per view...He's the first in line at Game Stop when the new Modern Warfare comes out.

Randy was bored at home this morning. He thought to himself "Man, I'd like to be playing some footyball again"...So he made a video.

I love Moss...Maybe the most naturally talented wide receiver to ever play, and if he could run a sub 4.5 forty I'd love for the Pats to kiss and makeup for another season...But I highly doubt Moss is capable.

He should show up at the Scouting Combine and shock the world.

If Moss can run a sub 4.5 40 I would be thoroughly impressed. I keep thinking to myself is this even possible? Maybe, maybe not. But there was a reason we let him go. Maybe that reason is for the best. With that said It would be a very interesting move if they decide to bring him back (And when I say if i mean very, very unlikely. In my opinion of course)

Moss running a 4.35 seems far fetched but I absolutely believe he can run 4.5 or under. Him being a freak is the only thing that makes that possible. I don't care how hard someone like Torry Holt works at age 35, they're not maintaining anything close to their peak speed.

The Titans were the only team to claim him. Pats were 32nd in the pecking order at the time, so there was no point of claiming him.

Not relevant to your post, but just want to point out that claiming a guy and wanting a guy are two different things.
Its possible many teams were willing to give Moss a shot at the prorated minimum.
But only 1 (or maybe a few after the Titans) wanted him at his prorated salary.

Last edited:
I am not sure Pats brass would be willing to give Moss another shot, but I am pretty sure Moss would come back in a heart beat. I think they should go.for it and go for Lloyd as well. They would be nearly unstoppable. I can live without Branch and 85 if need be. My 2¢.
Moss quote:

“I got something on my shoulder and it’s a chip that I need to get it off,” Moss said.

Though earlier in the day he seemed to be willing to play for any team that is willing to have him, Moss hinted that he wants a team that will compete, and that is “missing a piece here and there.”

He said wants to win a Super Bowl; he said his socks got sweaty from nerves as he was rooting for the Patriots to beat the Giants in Super Bowl XLVI.

Moss candidly admitted to a variety of regrets. “I got regrets of how I left New England,

I'm not even gonna say anything.

will he take less money ? will he be ok with being the #4 or #5 guy and will he be ok with being on the side line in no huddle. if the answer is yes to all then cut ocho right now and sign the guy

will he take less money ? will he be ok with being the #4 or #5 guy and will he be ok with being on the side line in no huddle. if the answer is yes to all then cut ocho right now and sign the guy
Cut Ochostinko regardless of Randy Moss.

Major Dad is not coaching the Minnesota Vikings anymore.

Instead its Tony Dungy Jr.

In regards to Moss if he can still run and catch the ball well.. and doesn't mind being say an #4 option I'd say go for it. At the very least we should bring him in for a try out to see if he's still got anything really left.

Last edited:

In all fairness to Moss, he has never been known for his eloquence.

If you look back at the full answer from which that quote is lifted, it's fairly clear that what he meant was basically "I play because I want to play."

Last edited:

according to who?

There's an old sports maxim, the legs go first. It's not your move, Randy. thanks for the memories.

blog_ingmar_bergmans_the_seventh_seal_chess_set_fetches_over__90000_at_auction.jpg

Moss, Welker, Hernandez and Gronk would be a pretty damn intimidating lineup, safeties would have nightmares.

Darrell Green ran a 4.43 on his 50th birthday. I mean, is it that outrageous that Moss could run 4.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes