PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss unretired (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorijean

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Figured it has been awhile since we had a Moss thread. Anyhow, he just unretired on his ustream broadcast. If you follow his twitter you will know. Also, he cut off his hair. In case anyone is interested.

Figured it has been awhile since we had a Moss thread. Anyhow, he just unretired on his ustream broadcast. If you follow his twitter you will know. Also, he cut off his hair. In case anyone is interested.
But that will take all his magic powers away. :mad:

He posted a picture the other day that looks like it was taken at Patriot Place FWIW.

(speculate, speculate)

Today is his birthday. Just turned 35... You're not supposed to let anyone know what the wish is...or it doesn't happen.

If a player unretires and no GM in the NFL cares, does he really unretire? Moss won't play ever again unless it is the UFL, CFL, or that crap league TO is playing for.

I think we need a three pronged approach to the WR position.

First resign Welker
Second sign Brandon Lloyd
Third bring in something bigger - high draft pick, reggie Wayne, Vincent Jackson. Something that really adds to the O.
This leaves room for Branch and Edelman.
Low draft picks, Tiquan, and the like will have to beat out the above to make it.
Where would Moss fit in this? I see two spots instead of Lloyd or instead of Branch I can see reasons for any of the three. In the end I just don't see BB going down the Moss road again.

Last edited:
If he can get in shape and convince a GM somewhere that he won't be a distraction, I could see him landing somewhwere in the NFL. But I highly doubt it'll be here and, wherever it happens to be, I don't think it'll work out because I don't think he has anything left in the tank (hair or no hair).

Why not bring him into camp, take a look? He'd be near vet minimum right now. BB, Brady, McDaniels, Welker and Moss re-unite for some unfinished business. This time, they have help.

Last edited:
He was reportedly waiting for Kevin Faulk in his driveway when he returned from the Super Bowl, so he might've actually been at Patriot Place recently.

He can be our fourth WR.

I think we need a three pronged approach to the WR position.

First resign Welker
Second sign Brandon Lloyd
Lloyd signed with Tom Condon (per Curran on twitter) which isn't good for us.

Moss was fine with McDaniels, he didn't get along with O'Brien.

I would be fine with signing Moss to go with Welker. Re-sign Branch as a backup. That's three.

Then we have to get serious about youth by bringing in two young WR whether they're both through the draft or one from the draft and one from FA.

Bottom line for me, we have to upgrade a WR spot - and if that's with Moss, fine - and we have to get younger which we will likely do in the draft.

Last edited:
Lloyd signed with Tom Condon (per Curran on twitter) which isn't good for us.

Why? I feel like the Mcdaniels connection would be enough to at least bring him in for a look and an offer

It has been automatic for the past year to move any Moss threads to the Practice Squad. But it's the off season and so let's try this one and see if it goes the way of past ***** **** threads.

128926362480957660.jpg

Maybe people have finally accepted the fact that it's over for ***** **** and he is not coming back as a player, ever.

Why? I feel like the Mcdaniels connection would be enough to at least bring him in for a look and an offer
I said it's not good not impossible.

If I'm not mistaken we haven't drafted or signed a Condon client since the Watson holdout. We may have dealt with him if an existing player switched to him, I'm not sure about that, but Condon isn't a Patriots friendly agent.

It has been automatic for the past year to move any Moss threads to the Practice Squad. But it's the off season and so let's try this one and see if it goes the way of past ***** **** threads.

128926362480957660.jpg

Maybe people have finally accepted the fact that it's over for ***** **** and he is not coming back as a player, ever.

Rambo Nothing Is Over - YouTube

41jui-xC5fL.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes