PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss unretired (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you bring Randy back you have to bring his handler back. Faulk. And Randy doesn't get out of bed for vet minimum, even for Bill. And as for his hands and coverage, he couldn't beat decent single coverage when he left here and the hands had become suspect too. It doesn't matter what he can to in shorts and no shirt attached to a harness, what matters is whether he can get off a jam or beat man coverage...against the JETS and Miami and Buffalo and Baltimore and Pittsburgh, etc. And he couldn't do that a year and a half ago.

If Bill wanted him he'd have been here midway through this year to take Chad's or Tiquan's place...

He can't play anymore. /thread

Hey Reggie how would you like to come and play for New England for 3 and 1/2 mill for 2 seasons? Sure why not. I mean I'm worth 6-8 million on the open market but for you guys I'll take one for the team.

Where do you see Wayne at 34 getting 6 or more Million per year?

Not to mention there were reports that without Manning,Wayne dogged it last season.

Lucky if he gets $3M year somewhere

As far as Moss....I wouldn't pay a dime

Last edited:
I'd take him back at close to the vet min.

In a reduced roll, in a 5 wide set he could still be dangerous. Even if he isn't a burner still, I'm sure he can catch, and he's a big guy.

This train has left the station. To many good free agent wide receivers this year.

Where do you see Wayne at 34 getting 6 or more Million per year?

Not to mention there were reports that without Manning,Wayne dogged it last season.

Lucky if he gets $3M year somewhere

As far as Moss....I wouldn't pay a dime

I`ll take it.......structure the contract so you can cut him if he dogs it....
Moss isnt coming back.......but 07 was a great time

In a shocking development, Felger has just conceded a significant portion of his argument, and has come to the point of admitting that a player with Moss' skill set is needed by the Patriots. He still hates Moss, and doesn't want him to be that player, but he's come around on the need for someone to threaten middle-deep (outside numbers and downfield).

People should be checking for pigs and special stars in the sky.

Do we really think that it matters that much if Randy and Josh McDaniels get along? Belichick made the tough decision to get rid of him before, and it had to be a whole lot more than just friction of RM with O'Brien. The throw-to-Randy approach was just becoming a low-percentage play, with randy's decline in speed and consistent effort.

It is Bill's decision, and one I just don't see him un-making, even if Josh were to beg and plead. There are so many decent options with nowhere near the risk of high-profile failure.

I`ll take it.......structure the contract so you can cut him if he dogs it....
Moss isnt coming back.......but 07 was a great time

Wayne coming of a less than spectacular year and at 34 is worth about 2.5M Max IMO

Randy would barely scrape Vet Min now and the Jets may be the leading team to garnish his services.

Word out last season was if Plaxico had gone back to the Giants then the Jets might have turned to Moss to start opposite Holmes....Now that Plaxico is all but gone as a Jet,the Jets just might turn their heads towards Moss.

I said this last year, but I think Moss, at the absolute vet min, would remain an asset in the red zone (and nowhere else). In that capacity, he would be at least as valuable as Ocho or Underwood at the bottom of the WR depth chart. But c'mon . . . there's no way he embraces such a role.

I dont think Moss would unretire for any team BUT the Patriots.......anyone saying they wouldnt welcome him back is full of SH*T....Moss/Gronk/Hernandez/Welker inside the 20...DEADLY

Yes!! Another year of Moss threads!

I dont think Moss would unretire for any team BUT the Patriots.......anyone saying they wouldnt welcome him back is full of SH*T....Moss/Gronk/Hernandez/Welker inside the 20...DEADLY

I would not and I am not...

I just heard a clip from his stream and he claims he will play for any team, just wants to play football. He also states he knows that no one may want him, and he will just pray that is not the case. I think he's just bored being home and out of the limelight. What he needs is a hobby, and playing football isn't one.

Im pretty sure he'll embrace ANY ROLE given to him in order to get a ring

Well that would obviously be the hope. But he sure didn't seem to have that loving feeling at the halftime of the Dolphins game last season . . .

Give him a look. If he looks like he's back to his '07 form we sign him.

I wish him well. He was part of one of the greatest seasons in Patriots history and almost part of the Patriots making history.

Personally, I don't see him back in New England.

You all know the pats put a claim in for him when min cut him right?
So sayin no way the pats would take him back is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft