PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss: THROW HIM THE BALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT? You must be blind or something because the LB was 10 yards away and the Safety was providing help over the top and was 10 yards back. Its why he was able to almost intercept the ball.

It was no suicide ball. Figures that people makes excuses for Moss and unintelligently blame Cassel.

I just re-watched it. If Moss catches that, #24 blows him up.

If Moss had reached out for that ball, number 24 (Hill) was on a suicide smack mission to tag him. Maybe Randy should've toughed it out, and maybe he would have if the score would've been more competitive, but that play was on Cassell and Moss.

I've got a newsflash for you....

Sometimes wide receivers have to catch the ball even knowing they are going to get hit.

It's the playcalling. Blame McDaniels or Belichick Not Cassel.
Cassel looked downfield plenty of times before choosing to throw it short. It's not the playcalling, it's Cassel not getting the ball downfield.

Hey guys, new to the forum.Moss has no connection whatsoever with Cassel.I think Moss will have a very poor year if Cassel remains the QB for this team.This offense just doesnt look great with Cassel at the helm.

Hey guys, new to the forum.Moss has no connection whatsoever with Cassel.I think Moss will have a very poor year if Cassel remains the QB for this team.This offense just doesnt look great with Cassel at the helm.

Well then I guess we got what Felger always predicted we were...

It's not Moss' job to decide who he wants throwing to him. He was elected a team captain. If he's not hurt then he's reverting to form. In the Superbowl we heard the same wails to throw it to Randy because he could beat double and triple teams. Well, in week 8 he could but in weeks 17 on not the case. Then there were those who blamed the OC for not calling more crossing routes for Moss, where he'd be expected to sacrifice himself to make the play...

Some people are never happy. I hope something is wrong with Moss physically because if it's mental he's done here. And they aren't going to go get Culpepper out of retirement for him because even if he and Randy could still connect occasionally that would leave Welker and Gaffney and Faulk and the TE's **** out of luck and be pretty easy to defend.

Cassel isn't the problem on offense. It's largely that OL and increasingly Moss looking like his puppy got run over. Time to sack up and play like a $9M WR...

Manning just threw a pick - maybe we can trade for him. No, Peyton, not Eli he won...

It's the playcalling. Blame McDaniels or Belichick Not Cassel.

And Moss was giving up on plays anyway.

Looks like the entire team was giving up on plays.

I can see it now from the press.

Randy Moss is quitting on the 08 season and the rest of his team mates are folling him.

It amazes me that people still think highly of Cassel.Did anyone of u even watched the preseason?The guy has some bad habits.He stares down wrs.Cassel is an average QB!!!The guy is good to get u 165 yards to 185.Thats not gonna get it doned!!

Well here we are, the Josh McDaniels is to blame thread. I really did watch the game and Matt was under pressure all day because the right side of the OL got beaten all day.

Now Chadwick might have hit Moss because, unlike Matt, he had little pressure all day. But, let's not let facts get in the way from bashing McDaniels.

It amazes me that people still think highly of Cassel.Did anyone of u even watched the preseason?The guy has some bad habits.He stares down wrs.Cassel is an average QB!!!The guy is good to get u 165 yards to 185.Thats not gonna get it doned!!

Not when the d gives up 38 points it's not... LOL

Today we got the preseason d...in the regular season. I guess we should replace most of them too...

Well here we are, the Josh McDaniels is to blame thread. I really did watch the game and Matt was under pressure all day because the right side of the OL got beaten all day.

Now Chadwick might have hit Moss because, unlike Matt, he had little pressure all day. But, let's not let facts get in the way from bashing McDaniels.

Clady's looking better and better all the time.....

Not when the d gives up 38 points it's not... LOL

Today we got the preseason d...in the regular season. I guess we should replace most of them too...

Well.....

Maybe a telephone call to an older gentleman out in California would be helpful.

come on lets not put the blame on randy moss. Matt Cassell isn't the QB for this time. There is a reason why he almost got cut, lets not forget about that people:disagreement:

Clady's looking better and better all the time.....

Don't look at me, much as I love young/speedy LB's I had my eye on an OLineman in the first. Kaczur is just the pitts. Teaming him up with the weekly Neal replacement is just the pitts squared. The left side has it's issues, they are smart and quick though a little undersized but above average when not forced to compensate for mediocrity on that right side...and you can't play from the tub...

I'll take Junior back and throw in Troy while your at it and I might even be persuaded to forgive Reche. But if we don't fix the OL it ain't gonna matter. Better fix it for good before Tommy gets back, too...

I know they were looking long range with that pick, but you know, so was I...because I feared what could happen in the short range.

Cassel was running for his life so he didnt have the time to go deep. But more importantly, you are going to lose everytime you give up over 200 yds rushing, and over 400 total...the D lost the game.

come on lets not put the blame on randy moss. Matt Cassell isn't the QB for this time. There is a reason why he almost got cut, lets not forget about that people:disagreement:

He didn't almost get cut except by mediots and message board idiots...

We're not blaming Moss, just saying he was one of many who failed to step up while Cassel really didn't perform badly compared to those around him...

Because Cassel threw him a suicide ball with the LB or Safety coming. He would have been totally exposed on that play.

So he can't take a hit?

Bullcrap! He was not "totally exposed" he just needs to take his skirt off and stop hissy-fitting that Brady isn't here! Moss is a joke. Without Brady he is turning right back into the Randy Moss we all know and hate from all the days before he was a Patriot.

He should have caught the ball and taken the hit. You think he'd have short alligator arms on a Brady thrown ball? No way. He'd go get it. He just isn't going all out like he should since Brady is gone. HUGE disappointment because he is needed now more than ever!

(By the way, this isn't directed at you. I'm venting a bit but I hate hearing excuses for Moss. He was a totally different player when Brady was in there IMO.)

Last edited:
Cassel shouldnt be starting for any clubs, period!!!I have had enough of watching this guy.I see BB riding him until it might be to late and we will be in a dog fight to make the playoffs.

Cassel shouldnt be starting for any clubs, period!!!I have had enough of watching this guy.I see BB riding him until it might be to late and we will be in a dog fight to make the playoffs.

He's dinking and dunking like Chad Pennington does. Cassel's YPA was horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes