PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Random Patriots/NFL Thoughts That Don't Warrant A New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things that definitely don't deserve their own thread...this is pure genius Goose!

1. Tom Brady's evolution of hairstyles from season to season

2. Offensive Line beards or hockey playoff beards?

3. Most consecutive games with the same intro music (Crazy Train) in the NFL?

4. NFL wives net worth

5. Which uniform item on the ref's uniform should be pink in October

6. Roger Goodell's best moments

So I had a thought this morning while watching NFL highlights as is my usual routine. I know we're all Patriots fans (for the most part) and this is going to come off as preaching to the choir, but I'll go ahead and say it anyway. I was watching highlights of the Eagles and Saints and saw Drew Brees throwing a pick six, fumbling the ball away, and just stopped to think: there was a time where Brady, Manning, and Brees were the top quarterbacks. It was never a unanimous decision in the mid-2000's between Brady and Manning, and some even had Brees (I **** you not) over Brady when he was peaking at around 2009. Yet, here we are, in 2015, and the more things change the more stay the same. Today's argument is Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger. Isn't that funny? Since 2003 or 2004 Brady has at least been in the argument for top 2 or 3 in the league. He vaulted to number 1 in 2007 and picked right back up from 2010 to today. Yet, while to some people (outside of 2007, 2010, and 2011 maybe) Brady has never been the best QB in the league, he still is in the conversation today. With whom? 38 year old Brady and 31 year old Aaron Rodgers are the consensus top two, though it depends who you ask as to who number 1 is. 33 year old Roethlisberger is number three. Old men Manning (39) and Brees (36) may not even crack the top 10 today.

Just rambling on here, I know. But it's funny to me that Brady is 38 and is still arguably the best QB in the league, while the others that at some point were projected to land higher on an all-time list before (Manning) are struggling to reach a 1:1 TD:INT ratio, and Rodgers is actually 31 and in his prime. Brady actually might still be in his prime too. Pretty damn good QB we have.

Brady is better than ever now. More mobile. He improves something every year and is fanatical about his health and nutrition. Rottenburger is eating his way out of the league, even if he's trimmed down some, and will be washed up before Brady even though he was drafted years later.

we're lucky.

Who cares what anyone thinks?

I used to think that BB would be winding down by now, but I think his priorities have changed a bit for several different reasons.

First, he's just simply in love with the game and with his routine. When the NBC ****s tried to bring it up last week he reminded them that he still has a nice life outside of football, and that he's able to do what he wants. To me, that may be a hint that we'll have another handful of years with him. He mentioned in the past that he didn't want to hit Marv Levy range, which I assume to be around 70 or so at the time the comment was made. I'm guessing another 3-4 years, which would take him to mid-late 60s. I think a man can gather s bit of a different perspective when that time actually comes, and he's in good shape and good spirits. I really think he enjoys what he does.

Since there's no cap on how much Kraft can offer, one has to think that he's getting paid some nice money. I'm guessing that it's in the 8+ million a year range, and that Kraft may even go a bit higher if need be.

Then there's the whole Stephen Belichick asst coach angle, where you see how much Bill enjoys teaching his son, and may continue to do so until he thinks he's more game day ready to handle more responsibilities. It's certainly something to consider.

The recent cheating allegations have had to fuel his inner fire in terms of not wanting to go out on that kind of note, and proving that his legacy is valid. I'm guessing that he wants to make another run or two at a 5th SB championship.

Where is Brian Belichick?? Still in school or has he chosen a different path.. I agree about Stephen, guess his drinking days in the parking lot are over or maybe he is getting a pass..

Think the outward adulation by the Patriots fans may help him stay motivated, he embodies the typical NE vs. the world attitude that started with throwing tea in the Boston Harbor.. instead of getting worn down by all of the media detractors(local ones included) it seems to spur him on... he is very good at controlling the noise, consider any press conference if the press wants him to talk football he will do that, but other than that F.. em all.

Gotta wonder if any of these records are in the back of his mind, thought for while his coaching hero(Paul Brown) records might have been his goal, but he passed that.. maybe it is none of this and solely about championships..

How does "Belichick Field" sound??? Tom Brady Plaza?? Gronkowski concourse??

Things that definitely don't deserve their own thread...this is pure genius Goose!

4. NFL wives net worth

Not sure about which specific part of the refs uniform should be pink, but I recently read an article stating that the NFL only gives 8.01 percent of the October/pink merchandising proceeds to breast cancer awareness and research.

One could argue that once again, they are trying to take advantage of the marketability factor, particularly as it pertains to women viewers/fans.

One could argue that once again, they are trying to take advantage of the marketability factor, particularly as it pertains to women viewers/fans.

Shocked! Shocked I say!

Would Ray Rice wear pink??

Would Ray Rice wear pink??

There's a joke in there somewhere about him forcing himself, but Im not touching that one due to the obvious poor taste and disrespect to our lady posters.

Winning streaks seem more important to Shula and the Dolphins, they need something to hold onto after years of mediocrity and false promises.... their spokesman Mercury Morris will soon be compelled to comment..

Although wins a a row are cool, Superbowl Championships are way more cooler..

A thought that does not warrant a thread is what are Bill's goals?? When will he retire.. he just passed Paul Brown on all time wins and is close to overtaking Curly Lambeau.. will he try to overtake Landry at 270 Total wins or is he content to be #4 all time.. currently he is at 238 total wins.. it is that inquiring minds thing.
Winning the football game against the Jets on Sunday. Then winning the next thirteen games, one at a time until his team wins the last game of the season.

4. NFL wives net worth

Can I say something that might be sacrilege here? I'm over crazy train as an intro song. It takes too long to build up and doesn't give enough of a **** you vibe to the other team and the league

Brady is going to retire with more than four SB rings, more than 200 wins, and more than 30 playoff wins, none of those will ever be broken.

I think we will end up with around 50-55 sacks on defense this season. Definitely an improvement from the typical middling 35-40 we normally get.

Can I say something that might be sacrilege here? I'm over crazy train as an intro song. It takes too long to build up and doesn't give enough of a **** you vibe to the other team and the league

So Goose, you are the perfect person to ask about something that has always bothered me.

Is a male mongoose a mongander, are more than one of them mongeese, and are their babies mongoslings?

If not, why the hell not?

I recently read an article stating that the NFL only gives 8.01 percent of the October/pink merchandising proceeds to breast cancer awareness and research.
Well R Stokoe has to get his 35-44 million dollar salary and I'm sure he does a great job rewarding his shill/yes-men ex-Jet staffers really well. Doesn't Pash make 7-8 million? Plus all the rest and the people he has to pay to keep quiet (or maybe that's included in the 7-8 million).

Nice that he can fund his own secret police with NFL* funds and merchandising.

So Goose, you are the perfect person to ask about something that has always bothered me.

Is a male mongoose a mongander, are more than one of them mongeese, and are their babies mongoslings?

If not, why the hell not?
I know nothing about geese except that their opinion of me hinges very much on whether or not I have bread (credit to Mitch Hedberg)

Lot of talk about Brandon Marshall's dropped TD pass. Not a word about Edelman dropping one vs Revis

A pass Marshall only dropped because he unnecessarily was pulling Logan Ryan down by his jersey collar, which caused Marshall to be late turning for the ball. I bet if he left Ryan alone he'd have caught it fine, since Ryan was inside of him and the ball was to the outside.

On the Gronk TD, I think that came from film study and Josh drew that up with Brady and were waiting for the Jets to Blitz with that move. They (Jets) do it all the time. See how Brady hugged Josh afterwards and I think they baited the Jets to calling that play.

So I had a thought this morning while watching NFL highlights as is my usual routine. I know we're all Patriots fans (for the most part) and this is going to come off as preaching to the choir, but I'll go ahead and say it anyway. I was watching highlights of the Eagles and Saints and saw Drew Brees throwing a pick six, fumbling the ball away, and just stopped to think: there was a time where Brady, Manning, and Brees were the top quarterbacks. It was never a unanimous decision in the mid-2000's between Brady and Manning, and some even had Brees (I **** you not) over Brady when he was peaking at around 2009. Yet, here we are, in 2015, and the more things change the more stay the same. Today's argument is Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger. Isn't that funny? Since 2003 or 2004 Brady has at least been in the argument for top 2 or 3 in the league. He vaulted to number 1 in 2007 and picked right back up from 2010 to today. Yet, while to some people (outside of 2007, 2010, and 2011 maybe) Brady has never been the best QB in the league, he still is in the conversation today. With whom? 38 year old Brady and 31 year old Aaron Rodgers are the consensus top two, though it depends who you ask as to who number 1 is. 33 year old Roethlisberger is number three. Old men Manning (39) and Brees (36) may not even crack the top 10 today.

Just rambling on here, I know. But it's funny to me that Brady is 38 and is still arguably the best QB in the league, while the others that at some point were projected to land higher on an all-time list before (Manning) are struggling to reach a 1:1 TD:INT ratio, and Rodgers is actually 31 and in his prime. Brady actually might still be in his prime too. Pretty damn good QB we have.
I think in regards to Brees your not seeing a talent decline. Because his arm has never been the strongest he has had to rely on practicing overtime, Using his brain to out think a defense tactically, footwork, and elite accuracy to fit the ball into places.
The decline is the injury to the shoulder that has been reinjured in 2012, 2014, and this season, messing up his mechanics. Which he needs because Brees was never born with amazing gifts of physical talent like Rogers,Cam or Roethlisberger. He very average physicaly.
So you can see the accuacy slowly fading away, and longer releases to compensate for the shoulder His is not a question of not working harder, or declining ability. Its the old re-engineered shoulder wound creeping back. Its kind of sad to watch really, because you can see the heart is still there.
Im not certain even saints fans ever had Brees above Brady, but yes Brees did out play Brady a number of seasons in the past.

On the Gronk TD, I think that came from film study and Josh drew that up with Brady and were waiting for the Jets to Blitz with that move. They (Jets) do it all the time. See how Brady hugged Josh afterwards and I think they baited the Jets to calling that play.

Oh im sure it was talked about. They were just waiting for the situation to present itself.

I also like to think Tom n some of his pass catchers certainly have enough chemistry and smarts to pull off a successful little improv if they saw something they both recognized. But yeah in this case i think youre right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents