PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Random Patriots/NFL Thoughts That Don't Warrant A New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't get this whole Bruce Arians loves all races story NFL Network keeps pushing. Like, it's 2016, why is this news? Because Arians is old and used to be around racism? Why is this so spectacular?

My favorites were:

- Macho Man Dallas Savages

- Minnesota Lesnars

- San Diego Undertakers

My favorite was the Detroit Shockmaster.

For those who don't know, Shockmaster had one of the most infamous botches in pro wrestling history:

OT: Boston Accent Strong

One more day till we kick some Bronco butt. Need stuff to past the time in the storm? Found this hilarious.

Rated "AHHH" ;)

I have a small confession. I want Denver to stay as good as they were this year. Don't know what it is. It's like they're replacing Baltimore in my love-to-hate list. Except next time around I want a home playoff game against em

I have a small confession. I want Denver to stay as good as they were this year. Don't know what it is. It's like they're replacing Baltimore in my love-to-hate list. Except next time around I want a home playoff game against em

You may just end up getting Baltimore back, as well. It would be very shortsighted to automatically write them off for the future due to a poor season with lots of injuries in 2015. Either way, we can likely agree that the AFCN will have at least 2 postseason competitors.

As far as DEN goes, I think they'll remain competitive, but I'm not expecting them to win 12+ games again.

I really don't get this whole Bruce Arians loves all races story NFL Network keeps pushing. Like, it's 2016, why is this news? Because Arians is old and used to be around racism? Why is this so spectacular?
the NFL wants to pat itself on the back for this stuff. Hey look, we somehow have very little diversity among our head coaches and GM's and apparently a lot of our fans get upset about a vocal black QB and beyonce performing at halftime but look how not racist our coaches are!

This will probably be my first offseason in total **** mode, not anxious for the next season. Actually I'm more excited for the March Madness and Baseball season.

That said, time is going by so fast that very soon will be August.

This will probably be my first offseason in total **** mode, not anxious for the next season. Actually I'm more excited for the March Madness and Baseball season.

Agreed. I barely give a **** about the NFL right now like I used to around this time of the year. The Celtics and Bruins have helped a little I think

Well said. February is almost shot.

While I'm not sure I want to support the NFL by purchasing another jersey, I'm worried if I go for a fake I'll end up with something like this:

m_55f064e56a583062b0028b04.jpg

Can we stop tracking Albert "Smugface" Breer's tweets on the PatsFans.com header?

This Manning retirement has me dreading the day that Brady retires. I don't wanna hear it from all these other yahoos about how Brady set the standard, was one of the greatest, yada yada, fake ********. When Brady retires everyone else can keep their fake ass appraise to themselves

Anyone else have this problem?

I get my yearly Red Zone ticket, watch all the games, and love those Patriots players . . . I also learn the names of the dreaded "enemies" . . . then the "enemy" often becomes a Patriot . . . and the Pats I love . . . routinely move on to other teams. I'm close to remaining a Pats fan but having an annual alternate favorite team that changes allegiance from year to year based on where my favorite ex Pats land !!!!!

I get my yearly Red Zone ticket, watch all the games, and love those Patriots players . . . I also learn the names of the dreaded "enemies" . . . then the "enemy" often becomes a Patriot . . . and the Pats I love . . . routinely move on to other teams. I'm close to remaining a Pats fan but having an annual alternate favorite team that changes allegiance from year to year based on where my favorite ex Pats land !!!!!

Hellz no. I'm a diehard Pats fan through and through baby. Doesn't matter who goes where. When Ty Law became a Jest, I didn't root for the Jests!

What's ruining my Pats fandom is the 32 (owners that is) and ****dell trying to destroy them every chance they get.

A Few Small Steps

As we enter free agency, Belichick has taken a few small steps. We are clearly in the market for a RB, TE and WR (these are holes created by cuts or free agency). Most of us would also add LG in free agency, and OT in the draft.

1) said goodbye to some players: Mayo, Chandler, LaFell, Gibson, D. Fletcher, Fleming(lb), Siliga, and Tyms)
2) signed a starting and backup FB (Devein and Iosefa)
2) signed a swing tackle who is capable of starting as needed (Waddle), and retained our #4 (C Fleming)
3) signed our starting nickel back (Coleman)
4) signed a couple of backup lb's (Humber and Rufus Johnson)
5) signed a couple of special teamers (King and Humber)
6) Added additional camp fodder (Boyce, Barker and others)

There are several decisions still to be made with regard to current players and their contracts, Collins, Hightower, Cannon, Amendola and Chris Jones sort of stand out. But nothing NEEDS to be done soon.

Chiefs docked their 2016 third and 2017 sixth for tampering with Maclin. Seems pretty heavy considering a certain team in green did the same last year with minimal punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST