PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rams owner hospitalized

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackPMiller

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Ms. Frontiere has had problems with her health for quite awhile, which is the reason she has talked about selling the team.

Frontiere hospitalized in Los Angeles
By Jim Thomas
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
12/11/2007

Rams owner Georgia Frontiere has been hospitalized in the Los Angeles area, and remains hospitalized there for an undisclosed illness.

Team president John Shaw declined comment Tuesday, referring all queries to Frontiere family spokesman Gene Schwam.

Reached Tuesday afternoon, Schwam read a brief statement from Frontiere’s son and daughter -- Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez.

"Our mother has been in the hospital for some health issues, and has been feeling better," the statement read.

Schwam declined to provide any additional details.

But it is believed that Frontiere has been ill for several months, and could have some long-term health issues. Frontiere, a St. Louis native, celebrated her 80th birthday Nov. 21. She has not been seen at any Rams games this year _ home or away.

In a rare interview nearly two years ago with Post-Dispatch columnist Bernie Miklasz, Frontiere reaffirmed her plans to retain majority ownership of the Rams, saying she has no plans to sell the team. She took over the franchise following her husband Carroll Rosenbloom’s death in 1979.

"Carroll trusted me," Frontiere told the Post-Dispatch in that interview. "He left the team to me because he knew I’d never give up. And he told me to never give up. So I’m going to stick in there."

Under Frontiere’s guidance, the Rams moved to St. Louis in 1995, winning a Super Bowl title following the 1999 season and losing to New England two years later in Super Bowl XXXVI. But the team hasn’t had a winning season since 2003, and this year’s team is saddled with a 3-10 record with three games to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes