PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders Suspend Jerry Porter 4 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
DefenseRules said:
Wow, I didn't see that coming. I guess we can cross him off the trade for list Hmm?

That was my first thought when I saw the report earlier today.

I guess it didn't work - I'm sure they would have rather traded him than suspend him

Bobs My Uncle said:
Ah, cmon, T. I always pegged you as a gambler type.

Tell me truthfully, if you woke up tommorrow and the Pats had traded their 32nd pick and the Seahawks 28th picks in next years draft for Moss and Porter would you not do cartwheels all the way down to your local pub? Heck, if you kept going I'd invite you on over to the Canadian ballet (the same one Law and company liked to frequent after Bills games) and hook you up with your fav ****tails of choice for the entire evening :rocker:

i like the idea but not for both our first rounders. Id definitely be happy to give up 1 first and a 3rd (maybe a 2nd).

We could trade for one instead of both, but you ahve the compensation about right, after we renegotiate contracts.

bigrichard93 said:
i like the idea but not for both our first rounders. Id definitely be happy to give up 1 first and a 3rd (maybe a 2nd).

The suspension was a joke. Idiot Shell was running a long, disorganized Friday practice and Porter showed Shell up by asking if the practice was going to run 3 hours.. For that Porter got suspended. The Raiders are a leaderless organization right now.

BackinBeantown said:
The suspension was a joke. Idiot Shell was running a long, disorganized Friday practice and Porter showed Shell up by asking if the practice was going to run 3 hours.. For that Porter got suspended. The Raiders are a leaderless organization right now.

Does Shell even make the end of the season. The faiders suck, but he is running what little team they have into the ground...I LOVE IT!!!

2 things could have led to this:
1st - Porter is negotiating with a team that is working a trade with the raiders. The trade falls through and Porter flips.
2nd - The Raiders are being vindictive (Marcus Allen?) suspending him days before the trade deadline is a knock out punch to Porters year.

question: If Porter is traded, does the suspention carry to the new team?

chucknholyoke said:
2 things could have led to this:
1st - Porter is negotiating with a team that is working a trade with the raiders. The trade falls through and Porter flips.
2nd - The Raiders are being vindictive (Marcus Allen?) suspending him days before the trade deadline is a knock out punch to Porters year.

question: If Porter is traded, does the suspention carry to the new team?

No the suspension would not carry over. It is a team imposed suspension not league imposed so if he is traded, he could play immediately.

Trade rumors must be heating up now given the suspension.

I would also imagine that the Raiders' asking price has probably dropped as well. Maybe they'll take a fourth rounder. What we waiting for? :D

I suspect that the patriots have been having long meetings with the raiders over Moss and Porter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft