Welcome to PatsFans.com

Question: have any Patriots carted off an opponent with an illegal or dirty hit?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by parthasas, Dec 10, 2013.

1. parthasas

parthasas Patriots Nation PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I was going through some of the recent injuries we had where the opponent player delivered a low/high, illegal hit during the game after which the player went to IR or was out for the rest of the game.

Question is: Did we do this to other teams in recent years? like delivering a bone crunching hit or a nasty one that took the player out of the game ??

I don't remember any.. so please jog my memory.
  2. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -1

There have been some players that were injured (just like in virtually any NFL game), such as Knowshown Moreno and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for the Broncos, Ike Taylor, Vince Williams and Marcus Gilbert for the Steelers, etc. If I recall correctly Moreno wasn't even replaced in that game, though the others were; I do believe that all were available for the next game though.

In terms of a season-ending injury, I don't know when the last one was. I recall Vince Wilfork gaining some notoriety for a hit on JP Losman back around 2006-07, but that was not a season ending injury. Wilfork was fined, but Losman only missed a few games.

I'm sure that somewhere along the line there has been a season-ending injury to an opponent versus the Patriots, but I cannot recall when that was.
  3. varjao

varjao Rookie

Ratings:
    +243 / 34 / -19

#3 Jersey

Hernandez sent Odin Lloyd to the IR
  4. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,402 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

McCourty (I believe) took an identical shot at Josh Gordon's legs during the same game, but Gordon wasn't injured.