PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quentin Moses continues to underperform

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ochmed,
Were you at the Vanderbilt/Georgia game? Any explanation for Moses' performance? Is he just protecting himself from injury? Definite warning signals.

Last edited:
Yes, but I did not get to talk to him before or after the game.

From what I saw on the sidelines, he is tall, as tall as the OL players, and lean. Good first step. Uses his hands fairly well.

He didn't have a stellar game and that was a bit of a shock because Vandy had 2 starting OL out and shifted guys around.

Here's espn's Pasquarelli today, echoing what we are wondering about Moses:
University of Georgia defensive end Quentin Moses, who went into the season rated either as the No. 1 or No. 2 senior prospect at his position by most NFL personnel chiefs, is having a miserable season, and his poor production and lack of effort has not escaped the notice of league talent evaluators. Moses has 21 tackles, including seven tackles for losses, but just one sack. He posted a team-high 11½ sacks in 2005, which helped boost him up most early lists for the 2007 draft. But beyond his pedestrian numbers, scouts feel that Moses' lax play is what is most glaring, and some personnel people have suggested it's almost as if he is trying not to get hurt, to protect his draft interests. Said a college scouting director from an NFC franchise that would like to find a young, developing pass rusher in next year's draft: "He plays for the 'Dawgs, but he's playing like a dog right now. Somebody needs to light a fire under his ass."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand