PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Qb 2 & qb 3???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoyer was undrafted and hes done absolutely nothing to suggest that some team will spend a 2nd round pick for him. Seymour was worth a 1st. Bledsoe brought a 1st and hed been starting in the NFL for 6 years.

Who is going to give NE a 2nd for Hoyer?

did u see Miami sample? I put up link.

College draftees have done absolutely nothing as they 1st come into league u make 0 sense. Hoyer is/has NFL experience. College kids do not. Take the chance on the QB w/ NFL experience. He is a kid that trains w/ Brady. I don't care if he is on Bench. He is a sure bet over most 2nd round QB's. A safe bet as well.:cool:

I think Belichick would take that deal all day long.

Take an undrafted QB every draft, keep him 2 seasons where he plays mop up duty in 10 games and then trade for a 2nd round pick.

And since you only need a 6th round pick to get a Hall of Fame quarterback, you just keep trading that 2nd round pick for another high pick and a 6th, then trade it into next year every year until it's a perpetual 1st rounder. It's like the 7 cent nickel[/MarxBrothers]

College draftees have done absolutely nothing as they 1st come into league u make 0 sense. Hoyer is/has NFL experience. College kids do not. Take the chance on the QB w/ NFL experience. He is a kid that trains w/ Brady. I don't care if he is on Bench. He is a sure bet over most 2nd round QB's. A safe bet as well.:cool:

There are probably 50-60 backup quarterbacks around the league. I guess they are all worth more than every QB in the draft except 1st rounders huh?

There are probably 50-60 backup quarterbacks around the league. I guess they are all worth more than every QB in the draft except 1st rounders huh?

we have best backup by far....

TFB is only reeason y the kid doesnt play @ all. Hoyer would start for any team in need of a QB and fit in great.:cool:

u all H8

It takes a bit to find, but the old ignore list can really improve the quality of this board.:singing::bricks::rocker::snob::eek::cool::confused::mad::rolleyes:: DOOD!

we have best backup by far....

TFB is only reeason y the kid doesnt play @ all. Hoyer would start for any team in need of a QB and fit in great.:cool:

u all H8

Matt Flynn had a pretty good game vs the pats and he plays in back of a SB winning QB he's just as young as Hoyer and has more NFL experience and better stats then Hoyer i dont hear anyone offering the packers a 2th round pick for him

NFL: Time for league to scramble? - ESPN

Q: With so many teams looking at quarterback, what options do the Steelers have with Dennis Dixon? He's had some big moments and filled in well when called upon. If the 49ers could get Troy Smith and the Seahawks Charlie Whitehurst, how can a team like the Cardinals, Vikings or Bengals not be interested in extra time for development?
Gabe T in San Juan, Puerto Rico

A: Good question.He hasn't had enough playing time to draw trade interest. Clearly, the Steelers would like to keep him around as a backup, and that might be the best option. This will be interesting two-year period watching franchises cover their needs at quarterback. Most will look to the draft. One team will make a move on Kevin Kolb. Those that don't address their quarterback needs this year will look to next year's draft. That leaves Dixon and Hoyer in a tough spot.

If teams are looking to the draft for a QB, what does that tell you about Hoyer who has less playing time than Dixon?

Matt Flynn had a pretty good game vs the pats and he plays in back of a SB winning QB he's just as young as Hoyer and has more NFL experience and better stats then Hoyer i dont hear anyone offering the packers a 2th round pick for him

Now that six teams just took QBs in the top 36 picks, there aren't that many teams looking for a guy like Hoyer. What's the market? Washington, Arizona, Seattle, maybe Buffalo?

I am disappointed at how many QBS went b/c my dream of shopping Hoyer has become unlikely. We will end up getting a BS pick... unless if some contender loses their QB for the year early. I don't wish injuryies on anyone but that seems to be the only way we get a 2 or a 3:mad:

Say if chicago loses their QB and r in need. That is an easy 3

I ne3ver factored in rookie wage scale so now I feel:bricks:

You started this thread almost 3 weeks after the draft, you continued to post your inane :blahblah: comments until a few hours ago and you just now realized that your plan won't work and you think it's because of the draft and a proposed rookie wage scale??? LOL

yes.

Hoyer is quite awesome. He would start for any team w/o a franchise QB.

Wage scale is a huge reseason why I think we get blah for him because u will need to lock him up.

SEASON INJURY to a contenders QB is only way we can play HOSTAGE Barterer:mad:

TRUTH

Hoyer > Flynn Fyi..... our defense is :eek: (obsolete) Miami D in Hoyer sample is a MUCH BETTER Defense than the Patriots D of last year.

I give up. Like I said yesterday you can't even understand what you're reading. If you could then reading more and posting less might be your eventual salvation. However it increasingly appears 4 u there is none... :attention:

I dont post much

my count reached 100 b/c of Draft

I know what I am saying... some 1 said Flynn blah blah blah

Miami D > Our D any QB can light up our D

Last edited:

By this argumnet we should have gotten at least a 2nd for Rohan Davey, and Hoyer could be the 2nd coming of Billy Joe Hobert and we could get a 2nd just because he sat on the bench for 2 years and hasnt shown anyone whether or not he can play.

By this argumnet we should have gotten at least a 2nd for Rohan Davey, and Hoyer could be the 2nd coming of Billy Joe Hobert and we could get a 2nd just because he sat on the bench for 2 years and hasnt shown anyone whether or not he can play.

Are you doubting a man with a 3.5 gpa in world history???!!!:p;):):bricks::rocker::singing::cool::eek:

Why would a team trade a 2nd-round pick for Hoyer when they could trade the same pick to the Broncos for Kyle Orton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes