PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Put an end to the Doofin Rays season

Double G

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Lester and Beckett are lined up for Tuesday and Wednesday; put an end to the Doofin Rays. Taking 2 out of 3 puts them 6 1/2 back with essentially three weeks to go.

Prove that you are a legit playoff team Red Sox; end their season asafvckingp...............

josh beckett is a major concern. without him pitching at his best the sox are doomed.

josh beckett is a major concern. without him pitching at his best the sox are doomed.

True, but we need four starters to step up, and there are a lot of ?'s. Becket, Lester, and
then two of the others: Wake, Bird, Bucholtz, Daisuke & Tazawa. At least Smolz & Penny aren't in the equation. The pen is as good as anyones. It's going to an interesting October.

They need to go into Tampa Bay and take at least 2 out of 3, especially since they've struggled in the Trop in recent time. That would pretty much take the wind out of the Ray's chances...though you know nothing is certain in this division.

They need to go into Tampa Bay and take at least 2 out of 3, especially since they've struggled in the Trop in recent time. That would pretty much take the wind out of the Ray's chances...though you know nothing is certain in this division.

I agree that we really need 2 of 3, we can still take wild card if we don't, but I don't want to go down that road. Right now we are also knocking Texas out of the picture, lets all hope that keeps up.

I agree that we really need 2 of 3, we can still take wild card if we don't, but I don't want to go down that road. Right now we are also knocking Texas out of the picture, lets all hope that keeps up.
Indeed. Better to build up more of a lead in the Wild Card, now in case we have an injury issue.

There are some tough matchups in the last month that will be important, most notably the games against Angels, White Sox, Rays and of course the series at Yankee stadium near the end of the month. We get a couple series against Baltimore and a series against KC to sort of get a break, but I've learned nothing is certain. (even against Baltimore/KC)

Last edited:
The Sox are fine as long as they don't get swept. Tampa is pretty much out of it imo. Anything less than a sweep and they are done.

I hate to be a Negative Nelly, but I just don't see this happening. The Rays are our kryptonite.

Beautiful, that's one nail in the Doofin Rays coffin, witnessed by what, 17,000 Doofin Ray fans? WS runners up last year and they are already off the bandwagon, those frauds.

And those wonderful fans fielded tonight as well as the Doofin Rays; one ballbag dropped his 14.00 beer in a lame ass attempt to catch a home run, another dropped yet another home run that hit him in a bad spot; in the hands. The Doofin Rays should have had "Chico's Bail Bonds" on the back of their uni's tonight, horrible fielding all night long.

Nice job of micro managing by Maddon tonight too, what was that, 4,000 pitching changes to no avail?

Tomorrow night we get the spitting machine himself, over/under on the amount of times he spits is 9,475.............................and thank you you jackass Minnesota Twins for trading this assclown to the Doofin Rays; were it not for him last year in game 7, we go to yet another world series this decade...............

If becket pitches like becket tomorrow night we can get the Rays coffin ready for burial.

BTW, Heidi's nice to look at but asks dumb questions. I guess her job is to look nice, which she's very good at.

Beautiful, that's one nail in the Doofin Rays coffin, witnessed by what, 17,000 Doofin Ray fans? WS runners up last year and they are already off the bandwagon, those frauds.

And those wonderful fans fielded tonight as well as the Doofin Rays; one ballbag dropped his 14.00 beer in a lame ass attempt to catch a home run, another dropped yet another home run that hit him in a bad spot; in the hands. The Doofin Rays should have had "Chico's Bail Bonds" on the back of their uni's tonight, horrible fielding all night long.

Nice job of micro managing by Maddon tonight too, what was that, 4,000 pitching changes to no avail?

Tomorrow night we get the spitting machine himself, over/under on the amount of times he spits is 9,475.............................and thank you you jackass Minnesota Twins for trading this assclown to the Doofin Rays; were it not for him last year in game 7, we go to yet another world series this decade...............

Gotta give him credit for trying to do whatever it took to win this game. It just shows how important this game was.

Garza isn't the reason the Sox didn't go to and win another WS. A healthy Beckett last October and the Sox win no matter who was opposing the Sox.

God you should see all of the people around here who are suddenly Rays fans. Nowhere do you see the old "Devil Rays" hats or jerseys they used to have. In fact, before 2008, I had never even met a Rays fan down here. They were all either Marlins or Yankees fans. All of the sudden, they all came out of the woodwork. Now they are going back just as fast as they appeared. I hope we can sweep them though, like I said before, I doubt it. This club always has trouble with Garza.

Gotta give him credit for trying to do whatever it took to win this game. It just shows how important this game was.

Garza isn't the reason the Sox didn't go to and win another WS. A healthy Beckett last October and the Sox win no matter who was opposing the Sox.

He made too many moves; he brings in wheeler and Youk crushes one to left. Wagner looked sick tonight, would love to see him get the chance to do that vs the Yankees.

I liked the way Tito said eff this, I'm bringing in my closer, enough is enough.

And you are right too; a healthy Beckett wins game 2 in that ****hole of a stadium and the series is over in 6, there is no game 7 Garza heroics.................

God you should see all of the people around here who are suddenly Rays fans. Nowhere do you see the old "Devil Rays" hats or jerseys they used to have. In fact, before 2008, I had never even met a Rays fan down here. They were all either Marlins or Yankees fans. All of the sudden, they all came out of the woodwork. Now they are going back just as fast as they appeared. I hope we can sweep them though, like I said before, I doubt it. This club always has trouble with Garza.

Where were they tonight, as Whiskey said, it was a playoff game, what an embarassment, 17,000 morons showed up and they were leaving after the 7th inning on top of it.

The frauds.

He made too many moves; he brings in wheeler and Youk crushes one to left.

You can't fault him for bringing in a right to face Youk. That lefty they had in there sucks vs RHH.

Gotta give Tito credit for having the balls to use his closer in the 8th because if he gave up the lead, he would have been killed even tho it was the right move.

I have to stop falling into the trap of worrying when the Sox go through their mid-season slump as being the end of the baseballing universe.

We're playing quality ball now it appears, it's just the Yankees are playing exceptional ball. I want a crack at them post season... all over again.

I have to stop falling into the trap of worrying when the Sox go through their mid-season slump as being the end of the baseballing universe.

We're playing quality ball now it appears, it's just the Yankees are playing exceptional ball. I want a crack at them post season... all over again.

Spot on; the Red Sox the past six years or so start out strong, have a bump in the middle of the season, then turn it on down the strech, as opposed to the way they used to roar out of the gate and fade away in August and September................once again, the ALCS will feature the two best teams in baseball............

Well the Doofin Rays really stepped it up last night and who can blame them playing in front a sea of empty blue seats; their season on the line and close friends and family members show up to watch the game. Anyone else notice the blonde with the huge cans sitting in the first row behind the Doofin Rays dugout and how much she was into the game; everytime she was on camera, she was either yapping on her cellphone or texting someone. Man are those fans passionate.

Sox had numerous chances, specifically the 8th inning; to end up with one run courtesy of a wild pitch after loading the bases is not going to cut it. And it took the Doofin Rays 5 pitches to tack on 3 runs; if Longoria batted against only Red Sox pitching for the rest of his career, he'd hit 900 home runs. What a Red Sox killer that guy is.

And Tito a.) should have pinch hit Lowell for AGon b.) not sent RR out there after a 30 minute wait (the guy has been a one inning pitcher lately, why trot him out there again, unless Tito was thinking Wagner and Pap were unavailable last night, who knows) and c.) Manny Del Carmen sucks.

Tonight is huge; a win puts the Doofin Rays 6 back and the Rangers (who aren't going anywhere by the way) 3 back with 29 games to go.

Good thing it's a night game as the grounds crew would never have been able to mop up all the spit around the mound in time for a day game, Garza is almost unwatchable when he pitches with that non stop spitting (and as somone else pointed out Garza backwards is azrag).

Make this happen Clay.

Finally took 2 out of 3 from these scrappers. I like it. Now if we can just Beckett back on track...

Finally took 2 out of 3 from these scrappers. I like it. Now if we can just Beckett back on track...

Agreed, nice to go into that sh!thole of a stadium and take two out of three, 6 games out with 29 to go, now the Doofin Rays get the Tigers and Yankees on the road, good luck with that, while we get the mailing in the season White Sox and Orioles, time to throw dirt on the corpse of the Doofin Rays.

The kid stepped up nice tonight, good for him. I'm liking the Wagner/Bard/Papelbon combination to close out games too; Iwo Jima, Delgascan and Ramirez can have the games we are either way ahead or way behind in..............

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back