PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Football Weekly NFL Preview and the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
As I take some time off over the next week or so, I picked up a couple of NFL Preview mgazines to read while at the beach or just relaxing after a hard day of golf.

Anyway, Pro Football Weekly's preview is pretty good. They have write up's on all the teams and the usual predictions. One thing that they have that some others don't, is a ranking of the Top 50 Players regardless of postition. And, the ranking of players per position.

They predict us to go 10-6 and make the playoffs. They are very conservative with all of the teams, as to predicted won-loss records.

They do predict that Carolina will meet the Colts :rofl: in the SB, with Carolina winning.

Last edited:
I will never for the life of me understand the Colt infatuation. They lost one of the Best Tailbacks in the league, a starting Lineman and a starting LB to FA and they are due for a year with some sort of major injury. All I can do is laugh about it now, but if they win more than 11 games with the schedule they have I will be shocked. I think 10-6 with a Wild card birth for them. I think Jacksonville has a damn good chance at taking that division.

Maybe the anaylists think if they pick them every single season they are bound to be right sooner or later. I for one think that Manning might win one toward the end of his career when he has more balance around him and isn't asked to win every game. The current Colts team is the type of team HE WONT win it all with. He's asked to do everything except play defense and they aren't that great at that as we all know. It's a team sport and right now Manning is simply asked to do it all and he can't.

On PFW ratings of the top 50 players regardless of position, Tom brady is #1 and Seymour is #13.:rocker:

MrTibbs said:
The current Colts team is the type of team HE WONT win it all with. He's asked to do everything except play defense and they aren't that great at that as we all know. It's a team sport and right now Manning is simply asked to do it all and he can't.

BS! Total Manning apologist post!

Brady would have won it with last years Colts.

And the Colts defense was very good last season.

Prior to last season, the vaunted Colts offense and Manning scored a whopping 17 points combined in the three games in which they exited the playoffs. That is less then 6 points a game! How the hell is that the defenses fault????

Evertime Manning has exited the playoffs, it has been because of pure crap play from him. Rarely has it been due to defense! People just cry defense without looking at the actual score. Because it could never be Mannings fault.

He doesn't have to do it all. He wants to, because he wants all the credit.

If he fed the ball to James in the second half of the Colts Steelers game, they probably would have won that game.

But glory hog just couldn't do it. Even when the run was clicking at the end of the first half, the man who calls all his own plays continually called his own number!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe