PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro-Day schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Corey Wootton workout numbers...

Wootton's one of my favorites who seems to have just enough athleticism to play in space, yet offers the length that BB prefers. At 6-6 he'll tip some passes, but he also had 4 ints.

I get the sense that BB will also draft a faster edge rusher, but remain clueless as to who.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if we come out of the first two rounds with something like Wootton, Sapp, Damien Williams, Hardesty, something like that. I think Belichick would like to get the WR and RB we'll need in 2011 on the roster in 2010 and the LB speak for themselves.

said some teams are looking at him as a rush linebacker.
I knew it. People thought I was crazy.

Wootton's shuttle & 3 cone compare favorably to Derrick Morgan's from the combine, although the pro days tend to yield better results. I've been thinking of him as a 5 technique DE but I desperately want another monster sized dude where McGinnest used to roam and this kind of size with just enough agility could do the trick.

I recently read somewhere (I think it was in Scout.com) that Wootton thought he could make the transition to a more upright game. I still have my doubts, however.

Here it is (pre-combine, so it might feel a bit dated):
Scout.com: NFL Draft Q&A: Northwestern DE Corey Wootton

Perform well in the NFL.

It's going to be pretty damn tough for him to do that seeing how he hasn't been drafted yet, I thought the purpose of discussing this stuff was to evaluate a player's potential. By your standards every player ever is a FAIL before they're drafted.

It's going to be pretty damn tough for him to do that seeing how he hasn't been drafted yet, I thought the purpose of discussing this stuff was to evaluate a player's potential. By your standards every player ever is a FAIL before they're drafted.
I was just joking around. Relax.

Twitter / Daniel Jeremiah: Kindle told nfl personnel ...
Kindle told nfl personnel that his knee was bothering him during the workout. I'm hearing he looked a little more stiff than usual.
about 7 hours ago via UberTwitter

Twitter / Daniel Jeremiah: Asked one team about Colt ...
Asked one team about Colt McCoys workout and they said it was solid not spectacular. Not much 7 step. A lot of manageable throws for him.
about 7 hours ago via UberTwitter

Twitter / New Era Scouting: Texas CB/S Earl Thomas pul ...
Texas CB/S Earl Thomas pulled hamstring while running 4.37 in the 40.
about 7 hours ago via web

South Florida Pro-Day - excellent videos Mitchell & Murphy Boost Resumes at USF Pro Day - GoUSFBulls.com—Official Athletics Web Site of the University of South Florida

Last edited:
draftinsider.net raved about Kindle's performance at Texas's Pro Day and Daniel Jeremiah heard he looked stiff. Wonder who has the right info?

draftinsider.net raved about Kindle's performance at Texas's Pro Day and Daniel Jeremiah heard he looked stiff. Wonder who has the right info?
Fun, isn't it? :D

Box, any more items for the contact list?

I read somewhere our scouts were at Bradford's Pro-Day partially to watch Gresham, although obviously that was a gimme.

Box, any more items for the contact list?

I read somewhere our scouts were at Bradford's Pro-Day partially to watch Gresham, although obviously that was a gimme.
All 32 teams were there, besides Gresham, Auston English was a DE/OLB candidate, I don't know if there were other receivers to consider.

My last interweb search was before midnight, I'll check again in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes