PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro-Day schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Central Michigan CB Josh Gordy at his Pro Day ran the 40 yard dash in 4.37 to 4.42 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.23 seconds, the 3- cone drill in 6.62 seconds. He measured a 38.5-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-10 inch broad jump and did 16 reps of 225.

Haven't seen anything of the Chippewas D on tape, nice numbers though.

Draft Nasty :: FCS prospects competing with FBS players for top billing in Pro DaysThe first three have been on my radar for a bit, Hart didn't stand out the first time I watched Texas v. nation, but his numbers are worth a second look.

With so many untradeable comps, we should be able to choose decent developmental prospects at Pass-Rusher & WR, on top of the 2nd-round talent we need.

Mr. Box, does it seem to you that there is a good amount of athletic kids at some need positions in the 6th & 7th rounds this year, who could have a better-than-usual chance of making our roster?

With so many untradeable comps, we should be able to choose decent developmental prospects at Pass-Rusher & WR, on top of the 2nd-round talent we need.

Mr. Box, does it seem to you that there is a good amount of athletic kids at some need positions in the 6th & 7th rounds this year, who could have a better-than-usual chance of making our roster?
I've been saying that since January.

Mante sounds like a great athlete, but how was his punting?

Corey Wootton workout numbers...

Live Pro-Day Results 3/9: Oklahoma, Northwestern, SFA

His times in the 40 ranged from 4.93-to-4.95 seconds. His ten times after each forty were 1.66-seconds and 1.71-seconds respectively. Wootton’s short shuttle time was 4.28 seconds while his three cone time was an unofficial 7-seconds flat, a terrific mark. His other marks included a vertical jump of 32-inches and 9’0’’ in the broad. Wootton measured 6060/272lbs to start the day. He did not bench today and stood on his combine mark. He was later put through defensive end and linebacker drills. The consensus is Wootton looked smooth.
---

Here's the best nugget from another source:

Defensive end Corey Wootton and Kafka were among eight former NU players who lifted, ran and performed drills for scouts and coaches from 29 NFL teams. (The Patriots worked out Wootton and cornerback Sherrick McManis on their own.)

"We worked him out for 40 minutes, and he never complained about one drill," said Kris Kocurek, the Lions' defensive line coach. "He showed he can move around a little bit. He helped himself.

Wootton, who ran without a knee brace, said some teams are looking at him as a rush linebacker.

Re: Corey Wootton workout numbers...

Wootton's shuttle & 3 cone compare favorably to Derrick Morgan's from the combine, although the pro days tend to yield better results. I've been thinking of him as a 5 technique DE but I desperately want another monster sized dude where McGinnest used to roam and this kind of size with just enough agility could do the trick.

Re: Corey Wootton workout numbers...

Wootton's shuttle & 3 cone compare favorably to Derrick Morgan's from the combine, although the pro days tend to yield better results. I've been thinking of him as a 5 technique DE but I desperately want another monster sized dude where McGinnest used to roam and this kind of size with just enough agility could do the trick.

Wootton's one of my favorites who seems to have just enough athleticism to play in space, yet offers the length that BB prefers. At 6-6 he'll tip some passes, but he also had 4 ints.

I get the sense that BB will also draft a faster edge rusher, but remain clueless as to who.

Whoever BB selects will have to develop...but it will be refreshing to know there's better potential on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes