PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Bowl - will you watch it?

Absolutely looking forward to watching it later this evening. I just got back from church, so I still have to make popcorn, get the appetizer trays ready etc. However, I should be ready once some family and friends arrive later to watch this Pro Bowl. Looking forward to seeing Philip Rivers, Eric Reid, Drew Brees, Matthew Slater and a few others.

I think despite our differing views on religion we could probably be friends (as long as you don't talk about Jesus)

This is the best probowl in years.

The players are flying, and teammates are hitting eachother hard. Johnson hit Charles pretty good and T.J Ward almost got thrown out of Cleveland with a low Gronk style hit on Gordon, sending him in a somersault.

A lot of friendly fire

I'm loving the defense in this game, it's like they are making a statement that defense is back

Rivers, 3 passes 2 picks

It's been a decent game this year. Usually don't watch more then 5-10 minutes of these games but it's kept me involved so far. I think if the NFL is serious about this game they should have each team pitch in 4million per year and give each winning player 2,000,000 and each losing player 500,000 and then take the remaining 18,000,000 and put an insurance policy on each player for this one game so if anyone does get a freak injury they are paid handsomely. You would see this game turn into a playoff type atmosphere instantly

hahahaha i'm watching the Pro Bowl!:rocker: good game so far.

I bailed when "who" is playing "who" could not be identified or made meaningful in any way. Team Grab Ass vs. Team Screaming Clown? Change the rules and omit players from the two Super Bowl teams and you've got the Goofy Goodell Bowl.

When was it .....................................:rolleyes:

so..who won?..Deion or Jerry Rice?

Why, no one is forcing you to watch it.
Because it has devolved into a meaningless farce. I'd like to watch it if they (league and players) took it seriously enough, but that apparently is not in the cards. They should just stage an awards ceremony and be done with it.

Because it has devolved into a meaningless farce. I'd like to watch it if they (league and players) took it seriously enough, but that apparently is not in the cards. They should just stage an awards ceremony and be done with it.

I enjoyed it this year. All all-star games are meaningless, and there's no way of fixing it, but who cares it's supposed to be fun.

There is an awards ceremony coming up soon

I must admit. I turned it on in the late 3rd quarter and then taped and watched it later.

I would guess that any criticism is by folks who didn't watch the game. To me the game was about the play by the defensive lines and corners. AWESOME! I think that there were 10 sacks. There would have been more, except that there were no penalties for grounding, so lots of sacks were avoided.

Players cared. Players played hard. Five touchdowns and no field goals is impressive, given that over 100 points were scored last year and the total was in the 90's the year before. There likely would have been one fewer touchdown had an obvious fake punt situation been recognized. The announcers had trouble anticipating it.

Who would have taken the under at 50 (or 45)?

I enjoyed it this year. All all-star games are meaningless, and there's no way of fixing it, but who cares it's supposed to be fun.

There is an awards ceremony coming up soon

Yes, all-star games are meaningless. But this nonsense sets a new standard for meaninglessness -- different rules, abandoning the traditional conference team structure, putting two jokers in charge of selecting the teams, etc., etc. It's a "game" without context. And as usual, very poorly played.

I would guess that any criticism is by folks who didn't watch the game. To me the game was about the play by the defensive lines and corners. AWESOME! I think that there were 10 sacks. There would have been more, except that there were no penalties for grounding, so lots of sacks were avoided.

Players cared. Players played hard.
I didn't watch all that much, but from what I did see, it looked sloppy and not at all hard-hitting. Players took a lot of dives.

I really enjoyed the game.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back