PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Preview 3-4 OLB Projections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Schiano is sending better players to the pros as well. Shannon recruits a ton of talented kids, but rarely develops them. Schiano would be perfect for Miami.

Clemson appears to be a pure 1 gap defense. Nebraska plays a 2 gap 4-3 which is why Crick makes a lot of sense.

However if Clemson is playing a 2 gap defense, and Bowers is a stud agains the run, then he will be on BB's draft board.

Yup, I agree. Shannon has been a disappointment in terms of developing his talented recruiting classes and in terms of winning big games. It feels like every time this team takes a big step forward, it follows it up by taking two steps back. I'd love to see Schiano down here.

I'm not 100% sure what defense Clemson is running, but I know their DC Kevin Steele worked as Saban's DC at Alabama back in 07, so I'd assume they have somewhat similar philosophies. Saban has always been said to run a similar 2-gap scheme to Belichick since he worked under Belichick in Cleveland.

Just watching the way Bowers looks technique wise from what I've seen so far would make me think Belichick would be interested. As someone else said, you can see him consistently extend his arms and control his blocker as he reads the play and reacts as well as get good heat in obvious passing situations. It just seems like the sky is the limit with this guy, and it appears that he has the size/speed/athleticism requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case