PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Preview 3-4 ILB Projections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no McClain-like talent in this draft. So we can wait until the third to fifth round or so before grabbing an ILB. But fortunately for us we have the potential for some serious depth at ILB in Mayo, Guyton, Slowpoke Spikes and Fletcher.

However if we want to create some serious camp competition, then there are two guys we should consider:

Wujiack of Maryland (6'3" and 255 pounds) He plays downhill like Spikes, but is faster and has better instincts than Spikes.

Herzlich of BC (6'3" and 230 pounds) Move him inside and beef him up a bit and he could be a monster in our defense (provided he stays healthy, knock on wood). Instincts, decent football intelligence and some stack and shed ability. Looks to be a two down LBer that maybe could develop into a three down LBer if he runs well enough.

I think BB is pretty high on Spikes, as his new and improved version of Ted Johnson. What he really needs is someone to play the role of Roman Phifer. Unless we feel good that Gary Guyton is that guy.

faster and better instincts than spikes? I will give you faster... i personally don't think ILB is one of our problems to be addressed on draft day

Herzlich of BC (6'3" and 230 pounds) Move him inside and beef him up a bit and he could be a monster in our defense (provided he stays healthy, knock on wood). Instincts, decent football intelligence and some stack and shed ability. Looks to be a two down LBer that maybe could develop into a three down LBer if he runs well enough.
Prior to Herzlichs diagnosis what was being projected at? I seem to remember a high 2nd rounder? Could he be a possible OLB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back