PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roster projections after week 3 of the preseason..

I forget where I saw this, but I think the main TE trade candidate to keep an eye on is Lance Kendricks. He was drafted when McDaniels was the OC, is a strong blocker, and is being replaced as a starter by Jared Cook. Could be a trade candidate for someone like Bolden or Bequette, neither of whom I have making it but who could have a little bit of value.

If the Pats could pull something like that off, then I'd be more than content with Kendricks, Sudfeld, Gronk, and Develin as the TE and FB group.

I forget where I saw this, but I think the main TE trade candidate to keep an eye on is Lance Kendricks. He was drafted when McDaniels was the OC, is a strong blocker, and is being replaced as a starter by Jared Cook. Could be a trade candidate for someone like Bolden or Bequette, neither of whom I have making it but who could have a little bit of value.

If the Pats could pull something like that off, then I'd be more than content with Kendricks, Sudfeld, Gronk, and Develin as the TE and FB group.

It was either Mike Loyko or Doug Kyed if it was the same tweet I saw.

One name that interests me is Travis Tannehill of the Browns (UDFA from Kansas State). He was one of the few TE's we looked at pre-draft. Also DC Jefferson of Rutgers wouldn't surprise me.

QB (2) Brady, Mallett
RB (5) Ridley, Vereen, Blount, Washington, Develin
WR (6) Amendola, Edelman, Thompkins, Dobson, Boyce, Slater
TE (4) Gronkowski, Fells, Hoomanawanui, Sudfeld
C (2) Wendell, Stankiewitch
G (3) Mankins, Connolly, Cannon
T (3) Vollmer, Solder, Svitek
DE (5) Ninkovich, Jones, Benard, Francis, Buchanan
DT (4) Wilfork, Kelly, Forston, Vellano
ILB(3) Spikes, Fletcher, Beauharnais
OLB(3) Mayo, Hightower, Collins
CB (5) Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan, Cole
SS (2) Wilson, Wilson
FS (3) McCourty, Gregory, Harmon
ST (3) Gostkowski, Mesko, Aiken

Total players: 53
Created with Pats Picker: Pats Picker 2013

NFI: Armstead, Harrison

IR: Dowling (if not cut), Ebner

Speed Dial: Koutouvides, Rivera

Practice Squad Offense:

Aiken/Sims, Kline/McDonald, Zusevics, ?????

Practice Squad Defense:

Grissom/White, Bequette, Tarpinian, ?????

Comments:

• Running back selections are questionable at this time.
  • A more experienced backup center is warranted.
  • Jake Ballard is toast.
  • A more experienced backup defensive tackle is warranted.
  • Hooman may be toast when Gronkowski returns.

Good stuff as usual MG, I can't argue against anything you've said.

I actually hope we can add some type of depth at DT/NT in the form of a veteran, even if we play small a lot an injury to Wilfork or Kelly would devastate us.

I'd like to see Anthony Rashad White make the team. He still needs to get stouter against the run, but we need to develop some young NT depth and I'd hate to lose him.

There may be something better out there after cuts.

I'd like to see Anthony Rashad White make the team. He still needs to get stouter against the run, but we need to develop some young NT depth and I'd hate to lose him.

Also, I was really underwhelmed by Forston's play in the Detroit game. He seemed to be one gapping and guessing on running downs. I don't think he can handle double teams and isn't a viable option as a NT.

Re: Re: Roster projections after week 3 of the preseason..

I admittedly don't know a ton about White, he's looked OK in the 3 games I have seen him, I just wonder if he fits in our new scheme.

I admittedly don't know a ton about White, he's looked OK in the 3 games I have seen him, I just wonder if he fits in our new scheme.

You're probably right. I hope he makes the practice squad.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back