PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prediction: Gronk won't get another contract with the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll obviously trade him while he has value.. I'm not even sure he'll be in the league by the time his contract is up.

He's breaking down

I dunno. What you're saying isn't as crazy as it first sounded, but that was also before he became injured again on Sunday and had to leave the game. Obviously, that helps your argument.

I don't know if we can determine whether or not he's "breaking down" as he's still only missed a small amount of games in the past couple of years.

2014--18 games played
2015--17 games played
2016--8/11 games played

Basically, he's missed a total of FIVE games in the past three years. Does this prove that he's breaking down? Possibly, but many claimed the same thing back in 2013. Only time will tell what happens.

trading Gronk for a first this offseason would be SO Patriot like.. I'm shocked people don't see this as a real possibility.

People will scream and cry but Marty will fill that role, Mitchell will develop, and Gronk will probably be out of the league by the 2019 season

trading Gronk for a first this offseason would be SO Patriot like.. I'm shocked people don't see this as a real possibility.

People will scream and cry but Marty will fill that role, Mitchell will develop, and Gronk will probably be out of the league by the 2019 season

I think the part I'm having difficulty accepting is that they'd trade away a player who is basically a steal, cap-wise. Considering the fact that Belichick isn't too hot on paying a franchise WR 13-14m dollars a year, one can argue that Gronk is still providing excellent value. He can both block and run routes. He's a match up nightmare on a very fair contract.

I think some of the belief is due to Martellus Bennett being able to do 75-80% of what Gronk does, but he's pushing 30, has his own issues with injuries and past problems, and is a free agent who may/may not be able to agree to terms. Malcolm Mitchell may be the 2016 version of Dobson, Thompkins, Tate, Price, etc. He may continue to progress or he may not.

I think it just comes down to value... they can get a 1st most likely for a guy they think is probably not long for the NFL.. at least not at a high level.

No, I'm not a Gronk hater, I don't even think such a thing exists. But I can't help but to read something into what Belichick said to the sideline reporter person today about the team being 'used to it' if he was specifically talking about Gronk.

I love Gronk, I want him to finish here. I also loved Collins, I'm not ragging on Gronk but I'm beginning to think that Belichick won't want to give him another contract because of how much time Gronk seems to lose to injury issues.

This isn't a hopeful prediction, I just feel like Belichick might be getting tired of Gronk's injury status being an issue almost every year.
So because it was some stupid article earlier today about Gronk injuries you are saying that he is injury prone. Can we stop talking about this nonsense.

Yp he missed some games, but a lot of missed games was because some poor coaches decisions. He broke his arm and then they rushed him back so he broke it again and when he was in operation room he got infection. Dude is that injury prone. Everyone can have bacteria.
ANd if some ******* name TY WARD hit him in knee with full speed and tore his knee apart, that unlucky. Remember Bennet Burficit. Inches and Bennet would have same thing.
ANd this year pulled hamstring. It happens so give me a break.

belichicks obviously frustrated..the team leaked to florio that this new injury wasn't serious.

yet gronk didn't return. someones lying..

1) We don't know for sure that the team leaked anything, at least on purpose as you suggest.

2) Even if they did and they're correct about it not being serious, that doesn't necessarily mean that they wouldn't take things cautiously, considering that he's had 2 previous back surgeries. They may have wanted to wait for an MRI or to see how he progressed. Just because they didn't force him back into the game doesn't mean that anyone is lying.

3) We can also ponder the possibility that "not serious" means the same thing as it did last time, in regards to only missing a game or two. Your definition of "not serious" seems to be immediately returning to the game. That may not be true of someone else's definition, including my own.

So because it was some stupid article earlier today about Gronk injuries you are saying that he is injury prone. Can we stop talking about this nonsense.

Yp he missed some games, but a lot of missed games was because some poor coaches decisions. He broke his arm and then they rushed him back so he broke it again and when he was in operation room he got infection. Dude is that injury prone. Everyone can have bacteria.
ANd if some ******* name TY WARD hit him in knee with full speed and tore his knee apart, that unlucky. Remember Bennet Burficit. Inches and Bennet would have same thing.
ANd this year pulled hamstring. It happens so give me a break.

I think you're in denial a little bit...... look at Bill's track record... there is ONE guy he's stuck with and that's 12.....

So because it was some stupid article earlier today

I posted this like 2 days ago but yeah it was because of an article from today.

Actually it's just a hunch based on the halftime comment and Bill's track record of doing **** I'd never predict.

How long do people expect Gronk to be able to play his style at a high level? He's almost 28... I know if feels like it's still the beginning of his career... but it's not. We are on the back 9 for sure. BB knows it. He won't hesitate to move on

Actually it's just a hunch based on the halftime comment and Bill's track record of doing **** I'd never predict.

I fully respect your opinion and you may end up being correct in the end. Either way, it's a fine topic for discussion after Sunday's latest injury, whether you agree or disagree regarding his future.

I am curious as to whether or not you feel that the halftime comment about being "used to it" could be perceived as being much more general team-wise, as opposed to one specific player? It just doesn't seem like Belichick to say anything negative about someone who's been a major headcase and is no longer with the team, let alone a player who is currently on this year's roster and is expected to contribute.

I posted this like 2 days ago but yeah it was because of an article from today.

Oh, and about those future powerball numbers....hook a brother up. Student loans are whipping my ass hard.

Oh, and about those future powerball numbers....hook a brother up. Student loans are whipping my ass hard.

Just tell the azzoles calling you up that you are Supafly Jr. and daddy, Supa Sr., the debtor, is doing life for multiple homicides. You'll never hear from them again. Trust me.

Players think Gronk gets special treatment and they don't think he plays with aches and pains that other guys do.
You're crazy if you think this doesn't get noticed and doesn't matter to a room full of teammates who all have aches and pains of their own....including the 39 yr old QB.

You're right, I was watching the Sound FX Replay of the Seahawks game tonight and when Earl Thomas hit Gronk with the force of a truck Brady and Edelman both screamed " get up you p.ssy,"

Oh, wait a second, he never went down?

Someday maybe Gronk could be as tough as you?

But I doubt it.

Not sure what it is, but I could see Gronk ending up on a Jersey team.

I'm sure playing for the Jets is right up there with castration on his bucket list.

Gronk isn't going anywhere. He is locked up for the next 3 seasons, if anything if he is healthy enough to play he might even get extended. He is so friggen valuable to this offense its ridiculous. Gronk is not replaceable.

Gronk isn't going anywhere. He is locked up for the next 3 seasons, if anything if he is healthy enough to play he might even get extended. He is so friggen valuable to this offense its ridiculous. Gronk is not replaceable.

He's got a 7m dollar cap hit in 2017 prior to jumping into double digits for '18 and '19, so one could argue that he'll at least be around for the next season. Hard to imagine a cap guru like Belichick not seeing tremendous value there, even if he only plays 12 games.

they can't handle the thought of it. they are whistling past the graveyard. I don't want it to happen either. but like I've said before. it won't surprise me one bit if he's traded.

I fully respect your opinion and you may end up being correct in the end. Either way, it's a fine topic for discussion after Sunday's latest injury, whether you agree or disagree regarding his future.

I am curious as to whether or not you feel that the halftime comment about being "used to it" could be perceived as being much more general team-wise, as opposed to one specific player? It just doesn't seem like Belichick to say anything negative about someone who's been a major headcase and is no longer with the team, let alone a player who is currently on this year's roster and is expected to contribute.

It could well have been about the team but it certainly came out like it was about Gronk. I have no problem with the topic either what I have a problem with are the db's who call Gronk "soft" etc. The hit by Thomas would have knocked most players out cold and it didn't even knock Gronk down. Defenders load up when they getting ready to hit Gronk because they know a normal hit won't do the job, he takes hellacious shots.

The griping and b.tchjng from Patriots fans is really getting old.

It could well have been about the team but it certainly came out like it was about Gronk.
That would be surprising to me. Actually, very surprising. When was the last time we heard Belichick throw anyone under the bus like that or openly show frustration about one of his players to the public? None that I can remember, and that includes player suspensions, repeat idiots like Spikes, high round picks who can never see the field, guys who don't even honor their contracts by quitting on the team, and a freaking murderer.

I don't know if you DVR'ed the game or not (I didn't), but I'd be curious to revisit how that information was presented, as I believe the specific wording or emphasis from that female reporter may be contributing to this thinking. I certainly remember it being open to interpretation at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes