PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prediction: Gronk won't get another contract with the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
they can't handle the thought of it. they are whistling past the graveyard. I don't want it to happen either. but like I've said before. it won't surprise me one bit if he's traded.
I don't think there's much that Belichick would do that would surprise us at this point, but it would be very odd to trade him during the team friendly portion of the deal.

He has a cap hit of 7m dollars for 2017. Just think about that for a second. Do you know how many lousy or underachieving players are making much more than that? They have insanely manageable cap numbers on him both this year and next, so if he is traded this offseason, I couldn't imagine the expressions on the new team's faces when they realize his cap hit.

Now, one can argue that things may be different for 2018 when that cap hit goes up to double digits, as it could make sense to trade him then. The same would go for any talk of an extension. I think the only way that he'd be traded before spring 2018 is if the team knows that he has another serious back issue that will definitely require surgery; and even then, Gronk, his agents, and the new team's medical staff would all have to somehow keep that quiet.

How long do people expect Gronk to be able to play his style at a high level? He's almost 28... I know if feels like it's still the beginning of his career... but it's not. We are on the back 9 for sure. BB knows it. He won't hesitate to move on

Almost 28? Oh my Gawd!! Maybe they can get the league to let him use a walker during games.

I didn't know Bart Scott posted here. I know I always look to him about about opinions on the Patriots.

I doubt he resigns here too. The Pats will look to put large incentives for playing time in the contract and he simply won't need to take that deal. Being the best TE in the game when healthy, others will undoubtedly offer bigger money and longer deals than the Pats would ever shell out, along with guarantees rather than risky incentives, for him, that could eat into his base pay.

That would be surprising to me. Actually, very surprising. When was the last time we heard Belichick throw anyone under the bus like that or openly show frustration about one of his players to the public? None that I can remember, and that includes player suspensions, repeat idiots like Spikes, high round picks who can never see the field, guys who don't even honor their contracts by quitting on the team, and a freaking murderer.

I don't know if you DVR'ed the game or not (I didn't), but I'd be curious to revisit how that information was presented, as I believe the specific wording or emphasis from that female reporter may be contributing to this thinking. I certainly remember it being open to interpretation at the very least.

I was surprised by it when it heard it but it was a sideline reporter just giving her version of what was said so we really don't have much context for it. Belichick could have been saying they were used to dealing with losing injured players or he could have been saying they were used to playing without Gronk, I do agree however that he never throws players or coaches under the bus. It will definitely come up today in the press conference and I won't be surprised if he clarifies it to remove the impression it was Directed at Gronk.

I doubt he resigns here too. The Pats will look to put large incentives for playing time in the contract and he simply won't need to take that deal. Being the best TE in the game when healthy, others will undoubtedly offer bigger money and longer deals than the Pats would ever shell out, along with guarantees rather than risky incentives, for him, that could eat into his base pay.

He won't hit free agency until he's thirty, if the Patriots offer a good extension he would sign it rather than risk waiting .

Bart Scott believes Gronk is on his way out in New England, so I believe he will finish his career here.

All I'll say is my ears certainly perked up when the sideline reporter relayed what BB said. The rest is up to you guys . . . and, apparently, Bart Scott. LOL

I posted this like 2 days ago but yeah it was because of an article from today.

Actually it's just a hunch based on the halftime comment and Bill's track record of doing **** I'd never predict.
Not saying that he wont trade or cut Gronk or whatever he is going to do.
This injury prone stuff really make me sick.

Gronkowski is an amazing, once in a lifetime talent. Another poster noted he missed 17% of his games - compared to some current productive tight ends like Greg Olsen - missed 2 games his ENTIRE career 2007 - present, Travis Kelce - played every game in his career - 2014 rookie, and past great tight ends like Tony Gonzalez (missed ONE game his entire career, 1997-2013) and Antonio Gates who missed 20 games (to gronskowskis 19 games in 7 seasons) in his entire career to date (14 seasons), but when you compare Gates' first 7 seasons - he missed ONE game.
Gronkowski's games played stats don't consider the games he's left injured and didn't return (at least 2 reg season and one playoff game) and the games the team has to "manage" his snaps and the way they use him.
I mean, Christian ****in Fauria played every game when he was with the Pats!

I predict that one day Gronk will stop playing football. Brady too. I further predict all of us will someday be dust. What a fun topic this is.

Gronkowski is an amazing, once in a lifetime talent. Another poster noted he missed 17% of his games - compared to some current productive tight ends like Greg Olsen - missed 2 games his ENTIRE career 2007 - present, Travis Kelce - played every game in his career - 2014 rookie, and past great tight ends like Tony Gonzalez (missed ONE game his entire career, 1997-2013) and Antonio Gates who missed 20 games (to gronskowskis 19 games in 7 seasons) in his entire career to date (14 seasons), but when you compare Gates' first 7 seasons - he missed ONE game.
Gronkowski's games played stats don't consider the games he's left injured and didn't return (at least 2 reg season and one playoff game) and the games the team has to "manage" his snaps and the way they use him.
I mean, Christian ****in Fauria played every game when he was with the Pats!

Tom Brady from 2001 -2008 missed 14% of his games.

Yeah, let's compare the durability of Brady to Gronk. That seems fair. ************.

Literally the only thing that keeps Brady out of games is something no human being could possibly play through. The same can not be said of Gronk.

Brady hasn't missed a game due to injury in nearly a decade. Think about that for a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News