PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prediction: Gronk won't get another contract with the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said get rid of Buttercup. What I have said is he's on his last contract with the Patriots, they will not extend him and I have serious doubts how good he'll be in 3 years. With the additions they have in the passing game this season they're in much better shape to go without BCup.
You don't know anything but BS. Brownhat.

Another talented patriots player people on this forum want to part ways with? What are we building a championship football team or a Boy Scouts team?

No, I'm not a Gronk hater, I don't even think such a thing exists. But I can't help but to read something into what Belichick said to the sideline reporter person today about the team being 'used to it' if he was specifically talking about Gronk.

I love Gronk, I want him to finish here. I also loved Collins, I'm not ragging on Gronk but I'm beginning to think that Belichick won't want to give him another contract because of how much time Gronk seems to lose to injury issues.

This isn't a hopeful prediction, I just feel like Belichick might be getting tired of Gronk's injury status being an issue almost every year.
My captain obvious take: I think Gronk is a perfect example of a "Value" situation. We all love him, want him here, appreciate his contributions... I absolutely would hate seeing him having fun, playing great on another team. But we all know BB always finds that fine line between a players peak performance and decline. If BB feels he can get a good trade, he will. I Want him here, but tend to think his days are numbered. Moss, Collins, Vrabel, Wilfork, Seymour...etc. IMO, keep him.

Last edited:
Another talented patriots player people on this forum want to part ways with? What are we building a championship football team or a Boy Scouts team?

Who has said that? No one wants Gronk to go. We aren't talking about Adailus Thomas here....

With regard to Gronk's durability and availability over a 16 game season there is a legitimate question to be asked. The guy plays a physical position and his body is susceptible to injury. It is what it is.

Because of his impact on the game and their championship hopes, there is no question the team treats Gronk's bumps and bruises with a "handle with care" sticker.

I take no side in all this. But I wonder about the way Gronk falls--it seems like whenever he goes down now, you kind of expect or fear some type of injury that will take him out or make him less effective. I know its not only Pats fans who sense this.

Does anyone ever think of him as a big durable guy in the way one does of so many great tight ends? And he's even bigger than them. (maybe that's the problem)

I really hope he makes me bury my doubts about him over the next 7-8 games.

I made a point about Gronk being gone soon last week and was CRUSHED by the posters on this forum...

But it's happening. He's not gonna be here long.

Gronk's contract expires after the 2019 season. That's 3 years after this season. I'm not really worrying about the 2020 season just yet. And, yeah, I get that injuries may shorten his current deal.

Gronk is a once in a generational type player. He most likely won't get a contract extention because of his injuries but I expect him to remain with the team until his current deal is done. Before the start of the 2019 season they might make a move with him if he keeps missing 30-40% of games. I expect Gronk to be here in 2017 and 2018, its just the media making up **** because of the Jamie Collins move and the Chandler Jones trade. Gronk missed alot of games during his last contract and the team extended him. And they most likely would do it again but I don't think Gronk is going to last like Tony Gonzalez.

I can't believe that so many people here believe anything Bart Scott says in an attempt to get noticed.
I said exactly the same thing this afternoon. Bart Scott despises BB and will say anything to discredit him. However, this evening on Quick Slants Tom Curran suggested pretty much the same thing Scott predicted. Curran actually recommended that the Patriots trade Gronk. It gave me pause.

Gronkowski transforms this offense. With him we're the best offense in the NFL. Without him, we are not a top 5 offense in the NFL anymore. Stats show our offense takes a massive hit when gronkowski is out.

So if the patriots plan on getting rid of him they better find an AJ Green level replacement at WR for a 40 year old tom brady

I made a point about Gronk being gone soon last week and was CRUSHED by the posters on this forum...

But it's happening. He's not gonna be here long.
I was one who responded to your thread, and while I still disagree, I certainly didn't mean to belittle your opinion.

Also, IIRC, your thread was about trading Gronk soon, whereas this one is simply stating how they may not extend him once his pact is up. That's a significant difference right there, and was the basis for my retort.

So if the patriots plan on getting rid of him they better find an AJ Green level replacement at WR for a 40 year old tom brady

We all know that isn't likely to happen in terms of paying an outside threat top dollar.

I was one who responded to your thread, and while I still disagree, I certainly didn't mean to belittle your opinion.

Also, IIRC, your thread was about trading Gronk soon, whereas this one is simply stating how they may not extend him once his pact is up. That's a significant difference right there, and was the basis for my retort.

They'll obviously trade him while he has value.. I'm not even sure he'll be in the league by the time his contract is up.

He's breaking down

this thread is total B.S. You can extend ANYONE these days...WAKE UP!

Extenze-4ct_small2.gif

Gronk is not long for the NFL, let alone the Patriots

Again, my opinion is he's traded this offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes