Pre-Season Prayers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Brothers and sisters, we all pray (or hope, if there is no specific deity involved,) for the Patriots to go 19-0, despite Brady's 4-day vacation... failing that, we all pray (or hope) for a Super Bowl year... and we all pray (or hope) for as few injuries as possible, both prior to and during the regular season... and let any such injuries be minor and short-lived... and let the Patriots dominate (v.) the league, to attain that dominant (adj.) position, amen.

Now let us add our prayers for binkies, marginal players, and those seemingly cursed players who would most benefit from divine intervention. I'll start...

Dear Lord, creator of Heaven and turf, please bless Aaron Dobson. Soften his hands when the ball approacheth them, and keep far from his body the injuries that have plagued him. Let him catch balls thrown his way, stay healthy, and make the most of his opportunities, that his gifts be manifest in production on the field, as they are in practice.

Your plan is not known to us; we only beseech You, as usual, for the next Super Bowl ring, a perfect season, and outstanding performance from the standouts on whom we have come to rely. Bless us also with consistency and competence from those who have needed a second chance. As nothing is impossible for You, o Lord of all (including football,) if it be Your will, please bless Aaron Dobson, validating the many hopes and prayers that have so long been brought before you in his name in the past.

Also please let there be an end to war, disease, and suffering in general, except for the anguish of losing to the Patriots.

Amen

If AD hands softens,and starts to make catches , we will not only know there is a deity, but that deity is a patsfan

and if Roger does get struck by a lightening bolt, we will know his name

I see you took the 'start an Aaron Dobson thread' suggestion in the camp thread quite literally, albeit cloaked as an all inclusive thread. I'll be interested to see the direction this thread goeth forth.:p

How about this?

The Lord's (Brady's) Prayer

Our Brady,
who art in Foxborough,
hallowed be thine arm.
Thy Super Bowl will come,
it will be won, in Houston, as it was in Arizona.
Give us this Sunday, our weekly win, and give us many touchdown passes, but do not let the Jest (or insert opponent here) pass against us.
Lead us not into frustration, but deliver us to the Space City.
For thine is the Gronk, the BEST of the AFC, and the Glory of the Hoodie, now and forever, AMEN! Go Pats!

For just a second I thought it might be a political thread but then I saw the prayers and realized it was mostly a Goodell exorcism.

I just want to pray for no major injuries..already a bunch during the first 3 days.luckily nothing major

Then saith Joker unto him, Get thee hence, Goodell: for it is written, thou shalt worship the Lord thy Brady, and him only shalt thou serve.

can I get a thousand amens?

Then saith Joker unto him, Get thee hence, Goodell: for it is written, thou shalt worship the Lord thy Brady, and him only shalt thou serve.

can I get a thousand amens?

211147a88a592790aed969ae328e5e29.jpg

Heavenly father, we beseech thee: Take up shield and buckler; arise and come to our righteous aid. Brandish spear and javelin against those who besmirch the good works of thy humble servant Brady and his steadfast mentor, BB. Smite the heretic Goodell, spare no mercy casting him and his unholy minions into the burning fires of damnation, by thy wise decree. We rejoice in thy virtuous salvation. Amen. :cool:

I will be praying every game day to the Almighty Ganja for 16 regular-season starts for Solder, Vollmer,
Dion Lewis & the Gronk.

(The exception being, on the 17th week, they rest - because HFA throughout the POs has already been secured.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back