PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice news - week 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand Collins present is a good news

_

Here's Bolden with Sankey (34) eager for his opportunity.

unnamed_37.jpg

Here finally a clear explanation why some of the PUPs could start practicing today but not ours ..

So we'll have to wait for the start of Wednesday's practice to see if any of our three is ready to go.
Not only Lewis, Tre Jackson would be huge news as well with recently depleted G position.
_

A roster thing to monitor tomorrow is if they make a move with Scruggs and bring a G from PS
(Barker, Silberman, Farris)

Eifert out - confirmed what was expected

Eifert out - confirmed what was expected

Damn shame.

giphy.gif

BTW- What's up with Scruggs. I don't often question personnel moves, BUT, we drop Cooper and leave our OG position somewhat depleted, and then pick up a FOURTH TE, who can't get on the practice field What is up with that?????

BTW- What's up with Scruggs. I don't often question personnel moves, BUT, we drop Cooper and leave our OG position somewhat depleted, and then pick up a FOURTH TE, who can't get on the practice field What is up with that?????

EDIT: I already spent all my posting ammo on the subject.
Now I wanna see Scruggs on IR and Tre back on Wednesday showing good form.
Then I can forget it ever happened.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, but again it begs the question of WHY is he taking a roster spot. What can be more redundant than a 4th TE? Is he THAT good a TE project?

And while I know there wasn't a direct connection between Scruggs and Cooper, it seems unfortunate that we lost a veteran OG from the roster and pick up a 4th TE who can't play to replace him. That seems a little F*cked up to me.

Re: Gronk

Remember Mason missed a day this week and it was non injury related

Re: Gronk

Remember Mason missed a day this week and it was non injury related

Yet some idiots on Twitter (yes I know) think Gronk isn't going to play Sunday because he missed today's practice. :rolleyes:

They cut A. Johnson a week before they had to because they wanted to make it look like a cut for poor play rather than forced to get rid of him when Brady/Nink came back and they either did the same with Cooper/Tre Jackson (only shadow roster rather than practice squad). Even more likely, they just wanted to be done with Cooper.

I like that they move quickly on players. BB is not wrong often.

somehow this is still a good news

EDIT: he did look like he's coming down with something on that yesterday's video.
I guess he is On for Sunday

Freeny's modest contribution to the Hightower-Collins Fund ..

They cut A. Johnson a week before they had to because they wanted to make it look like a cut for poor play rather than forced to get rid of him when Brady/Nink came back and they either did the same with Cooper/Tre Jackson (only shadow roster rather than practice squad). Even more likely, they just wanted to be done with Cooper.

I like that they move quickly on players. BB is not wrong often.

Hamilton beat out Johnson for a roster spot.

Cooper was likely cut because they wanted to cut ties with Cooper. Maybe Karras is the answer at backup OG. Maybe Jackson is the answer. Maybe the team is OK with Cannon, Fleming, Solder or even Barker.

Scruggs seems headed for the IR.

somehow this is still a good news

EDIT: he did look like he's coming down with something on that yesterday's video.
I guess he is On for Sunday

Hopefully he didn't eat any Wellfleet oysters...

Hamilton beat out Johnson for a roster spot.

While they play the same position, Hamilton is used as a run stopper like Branch/Valentine, while A. Johnson is a pressure up the middle DT. With Nink coming off suspension the Pats would have an additional outside pass rusher in a week so they could use Sheard, Hightower, or someone else for the middle; thus AJ was expendable. Hamilton moved to the 53 because Valentine was injured and they needed a big body type for that one week.

I agree Hamilton did well and will hold the spot as long as this continues, especially with the new guy hurt.

Thanks for the info, but again it begs the question of WHY is he taking a roster spot. What can be more redundant than a 4th TE? Is he THAT good a TE project?

And while I know there wasn't a direct connection between Scruggs and Cooper, it seems unfortunate that we lost a veteran OG from the roster and pick up a 4th TE who can't play to replace him. That seems a little F*cked up to me.

Has anyone actually seen Scruggs?

I think BB is trolling us. Scruggs will go on IR and be released with an injury settlement, and Scruggs will continue to never exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News