PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BR: Player Ratings for Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

primetime

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I posted the Patriots from this last week, but BR has some amateur analysts doing ratings and rankings of each player in the league after each week: NFL1000: Ranking the Top 1,000 Players from Week 3

Here's the Patriots. Jamie Collins (#2), Duron Harmon (#28), and Devin McCourty (#45) were in the top-50 players overall.

QB
Jacoby Brissett, T#22

RB
LeGarrette Blount, T#6
James White, T#26

FB
James Develin, #4

WR
Julian Edelman, #6 (tied for highest YAC rating)
Danny Amendola, T#18
Chris Hogan, T#82
Malcolm Mitchell, T#96

TE
Martellus Bennet, T#7
Rob Gronkowski, T#17

LT
Nate Solder, T#17

RT
Marcus Cannon, T#26

OG
Shaq Mason, T#15
Joe Thuney, T#45

C
David Andrews, T#29

4-3 DE
Trey Flowers, T#2 (tied for highest tackling rating)
Jabaal Sheard, T#16
Chris Long, T#38

DT
Malcom Brown, T#16
Alan Branch, T#25
Vincent Valentine, T#25

4-3 OLB
Shea McClellin, #17
Jonathan Freeny, T#29

ILB
Jamie Collins, #1 (highest run defense, tackling, and pass rush ratings)

CB
Malcolm Butler, T#8 (tied for highest slot rating)
Cyrus Jones, T#88
Logan Ryan, T#94

FS
Duron Harmon, T#2 (tied for highest coverage and tackling rating)
Devin McCourty, T#5 (tied for highest tackling rating)

SS
Patrick Chung, #14

K
Stephen Gostkowski, T#10

P
Ryan Allen, #5

is this ranking on the team? (cant be bc goes up to 90s), of their position in the league? or just straight up in the complete league

so they ranked Collins' play #2 best in the entire league last week??

Cool!

So Brisket is already in the top 2/3rds of starting QBS in week #3.

The Rats should be so lucky.

:D

is this ranking on the team? (cant be bc goes up to 90s), of their position in the league? or just straight up in the complete league

so they ranked Collins' play #2 best in the entire league last week??

Complete league. Aaron Rodgers was the highest rated player (each player out of 100), Collins was second.

Complete league. Aaron Rodgers was the highest rated player (each player out of 100), Collins was second.
What the hell happened in the second half of that game? Did Rodgers lose his mojo or did they not throw at all?

Gronk #17 while doing basically nothing and amendola 18 after playing 13 snaps makes me think there is zero value in these.

Amendola played 13 snaps and outplayed 14 #1 WRs?
No

The Packers' O-line (pardon the pun) was Swiss cheese for their pass-blocking. A-Rod barely had time to go downfield, having to settle for underneath dink and dunk routes. In fact, the run-blocking finally got its act together toward the end of the third quarter, when Lacy started to light it up a bit, finishing with over 100 yards.

Gronk #17 while doing basically nothing and amendola 18 after playing 13 snaps makes me think there is zero value in these.

Amendola played 13 snaps and outplayed 14 #1 WRs?
No

They take into consideration the player's role and number of snaps.

Which makes them largely meaningless.

Does it? Given that normal stats rely on quantity over quality, I'm not so sure. Certainly Bill Belichick has seen value in players who performed well in roles and low numbers of snaps.

Does it? Given that normal stats rely on quantity over quality, I'm not so sure. Certainly Bill Belichick has seen value in players who performed well in roles and low numbers of snaps.
Bill belichick wouldn't compare a guy taking 13 snaps in a limited role to a guy playing every down.

Bill belichick wouldn't compare a guy taking 13 snaps in a limited role to a guy playing every down.

Certainly he's never given a 13 snap a game guy millions of dollars to, say, start at outside linebacker.

Certainly he's never given a 13 snap a game guy millions of dollars to, say, start at outside linebacker.
Really have no clue what point you are trying to make.
Mine is ranking WRs done by amateurs and having a guy who played 13 snaps being considered the 18th best WR is a ranking system that is too flawed to mean anything to me

I think you agree otherwise why would you make your argument about bill belichick seeing value in the role of a roll player??

I don't understand these rankings at all.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe