PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice news - week 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Mason's absence (expectedly) not injury related ..

No need to rush MM ..

Marty ain't missing Sunday's party ..

I don't like the fact that Edelman is on the list with a foot injury.

Neither do I but at least he was limited in practice as opposed to missing it outright.

I think edelperson foot is the new Brady-hand/sholder

Here full list also in this thread.
Maybe it makes sense to keep a special thread for Practice news, notes - one for the whole week to follow the developments in one place ..

nothing surprising or worrying here really ..

The only downgrade is Freeny - which at the moment is really not a problem

We have a significant upgrade in Valentine which is great news.

Bennett added is expected but i bet he plays.
Mitchell might take a rest and that's ok.

But Tre might be closer than it appeared !

Strange addition is Scruggs (did he injured himself trying to open the doors by himself when nobody was at Gillette?) .. then again everything about him entering Pats is strange (Foxboro flu?)
_

EDIT: Big DNP list for Bengals though ..

Last edited:
He was on there last week as well IIRC. And he still played and came to every practice.

He's been on there since after the Buffalo game, so I assume that's when he hurt his foot. He did nothing in that game, and nothing vs Cleveland. A foot injury is very concerning for Edelman, since he relies so much on making quick cuts.

Luckily, I think we're in a much better position to deal with an ineffective Edelman this season.

He's been on there since after the Buffalo game, so I assume that's when he hurt his foot. He did nothing in that game, and nothing vs Cleveland. A foot injury is very concerning for Edelman, since he relies so much on making quick cuts.

Luckily, I think we're in a much better position to deal with an ineffective Edelman this season.

Well Brissett was starting in the Buffalo game so I don't think that really is a slight to him. And last week the gameplan obviously called for the TEs to dominate which they did. Outside of the two long bombs, all the WRs had "down" days. I think JE is fine frankly.

Is that Cam Newton running like that?

We have a significant upgrade in Valentine which is great news.

You don't know that. Limited participation is like anything from 0.00000000000000000000000001 % to 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999 %

I think edelperson foot is the new Brady-hand/sholder
I suspect you're right. Interesting that after appearing on the injury report for the first time all season, Edelman returned punts Sunday for the first time all season. That's a great activity for a guy with a bad foot. Bill playing games with the report, is my guess, also.

He came on the injury report the Thursday of the Browns week.

Source: Week V: Patriots - Browns Injury Report

Did you happen to notice him against the Browns?

You don't know that. Limited participation is like anything from 0.00000000000000000000000001 % to 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999 %

True. But it is (at least on the average) still significant upgrade from DNP which could mean anything from missing one practice to missing the season ..
_

I did forget that he was upgraded already on Friday though .. so yeah .. we can cancel that

I'm shocked Hogan isn't on the list.

I am still scared of the depth at wr. I am hoping Malcolm Mitchell starts developing some chemistry with TB

It was full pads .. hope nothing that keeps him out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back