Potential Pats target at TE: VCU basketball player & free agent Mo Alie-Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uptown

Standin' Pat
Reaction score
Potential Pats target at TE in Draft

VCU TE- Mo Alie-Cox

Pretty intriguing prospect at TE. Today is actually my first time ever hearing about this guy. He's actually in the process of switching from basketball to football; ala Antonio Gates & Jimmy Graham. I just hope he learns to block effectively lol. Dude is about 6'6-6'7, 260 pounds & athletic as hell.

VCU basketball standout Mo Alie-Cox actually a free agent

2017 NFL Draft: 5 New England Patriots Rumors You Need to Know | FOX Sports

4. New England a Possible Landing Spot for Mo Alie-Cox?
We know the Patriots love their athletic tight ends. They had two outstanding options at the start of the 2016 campaign, but Rob Gronkowski got hurt (as usual) and Martellus Bennett bailed during free agency. Now, New England has set it sights set on finding another possible playmaker at the position.​

According to WTVR’s Lane Casadonte, the Patriots were present for the workout of Mo Alie-Cox. Haven’t heard the name yet? Well you may need to get familiar with it, because he could be the next Antonio Gates based on some of the physical attributes he brings to the table. In fact, even Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten believes he could make it in the league (via NFL.com).

A former hoops star for VCU, Alie-Cox has decided to try his luck on the gridiron. Based on the reports of Casadonte and others, NFL teams are taking notice.

It is worth noting, though, that Alie-Cox technically isn’t a draft prospect. He was eligible for the 2016 NFL Draft, and is now a free agent after going undrafted. It’ll be interesting to see if (or when) he gets signed leading up to or after the 2017 NFL Draft.​

Last edited:
Well worth checking him out in training camp, worst case scenario he gets cut. You never know what you get from an Undrafted player, but sometimes it's worth a shot if you hit the jackpot. We already have to excellent blocking tight ends, so adding a playmaker down the field might be useful.

Just a hunch. But, if trade Jimmy G for the 12th pick. I have a feeling BB will select OJ Howard. I'd go defense. But, he's a heckuva lot smarter than me. And, I don't see Gronk getting another big payday from the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back