PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential big trouble for the Bills' Marshawn Lynch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still having trouble with two details.

First, a Porsche SUV. Yeah, I know they make the Cayenne, but Porsche SUV is still an oxymoron, or should be.

Second, police responding to a tap and run. What next, speed traps in the mall parking lot?

"Sir, do you know how fast you were going?"
"Uh, I'm not sure."
"I clocked you at eleven miles per hour in a five mile per hour zone."

Tank Johnson thought there was a right to arm Bears, but Goodell disagreed.

_8530902_thumbnail.jpg

I'm still having trouble with two details.

First, a Porsche SUV. Yeah, I know they make the Cayenne, but Porsche SUV is still an oxymoron, or should be.

Second, police responding to a tap and run. What next, speed traps in the mall parking lot?

"Sir, do you know how fast you were going?"
"Uh, I'm not sure."
"I clocked you at eleven miles per hour in a five mile per hour zone."

The cop saw it hit the woman.

He was right there on the scene. And he knew it was Lynch's car that drove away. What do you want them to do, ignore it?

The cop saw it hit the woman.

He was right there on the scene. And he knew it was Lynch's car that drove away. What do you want them to do, ignore it?

If it was a Patriot i would want this ignored... but they can arrest Marshawn, that's fine with me.

This article provides some details:

- Lynch's car has been linked based on damage to the car
- The car was found parked in his driveway shortly after the accident
- He was seen in the area shortly before the accident took place
- A police officer recognized the car as his based on other times he was there
- There is a surveillance camera that may have recorded the accident or some part of the accident, but the police are withholding it as evidence

Lynch isn't talking, but eventually he is going to have to. His lawyer is probably negotiating with the cops to find out what he might be charged with and what might happen. This isn't something that will just go away.

He should just come clean and deal with it. I don't think it is as serious a charge as one might think, and he can just move on from it if he deals with it. I think refusing to cooperate is hurting him.

Re: Potential big trouble for the Bills Marshawn Lynch

Within the context of the post he was replying to it was the right example. The quote was....

"i am so glad our FO and our heads make player selections with not just football players, but good and responsible people."

Right or wrong, leading up to the draft there were some questions about Merrieweather's character. Obviously he has had no problems but that isn't what he was talking about.

sdfan

Yes, actually, it was what he was talking about. But, far be it from you to know that. You are the person who sits there and changes what other people meant just to suit your purposes.

Do me a favor and don't respond to my posts if you are going to just post irrelevant garbage. It will save everyone from wasting the 10 seconds of their life that it takes to read your posts.

The NFL rarely gives a TEAM penalty for a PLAYER'S action (steroid abuse, criminal offenses, etc.). Especially before the player has been found guilty.

sdfan

Hey SFBs - I guess you missed the memo that Goodell sent out saying that he was going to start penalizing teams for player behavior off the field.

And, btw, no one said it was going to happen before the player was found guilty. Though, knowing Goodell, it could just happen that way since that happened in at least 2 other cases I can think of right now. (Pacman Jones and Chris Henry).

Second, police responding to a tap and run.

If this was a tap another car and not stop I would agree with you. But if you hit a person and speed off without stopping to find out if they are okay, that is a big issue. Majority of the time that also means the diver was intoxicated at the time.

If this was a tap another car and not stop I would agree with you. But if you hit a person and speed off without stopping to find out if they are okay, that is a big issue. Majority of the time that also means the diver was intoxicated at the time.

Especially at 3:30 am in the morning.

Well, at least I have to credit Lynch with enjoying himself a bit, not like McGahee who was a colossal bore and arse while Buffalo.

Figured this was worth a bump because of this news:

Ralph Wilson, Bills execs, players to be subpoenaed in Lynch probe
Truth is goal as officers go to stadium in bid to end players’ silence

By Gene Warner, Allen Wilson, Mark Gaughan and Dan Herbeck - News Staff Reporters
Updated: 06/12/08 7:20 PM

Buffalo Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr., chief operating officer Russ Brandon, three other Bills officials and three players are expected to be subpoenaed to tell an Erie County grand jury what they know about the hit-and-run accident involving running back Marshawn Lynch's vehicle.

The players being issued subpoenas are Bills rookie wide receivers James Hardy and Steve Johnson and second-year offensive lineman Christian Gaddis, law-enforcement sources said late this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft