PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential big trouble for the Bills' Marshawn Lynch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Potential big trouble for the Bills Marshawn Lynch

Well, how would Andrews work since he was convicted of just a misdemeanor? Would he be worth 6 or 10 points? Cause if its only 6, then the Bills would be in the lead since Hit and Run is a felony.

Points are awarded for arrests and convictions....as of yet that hasn't happened with Lynch.

Seems like Lynch is stalling:

Lynch's attorney Michael Caffery issued a prepared statement at the close of practice today. It read as follows.

As you are aware, I represent Marshawn T. Lynch. The Buffalo Police Department is still investigating this matter. At the present time, I decline to make any comment on behalf of my client. I have also instructed my client not to make any comment.

... but the cops want to know the answers:

Buffalo Police Spokesman Michael DeGeorge says Buffalo Police have made it clear to Lynch that they'd like some answers, and if they don't start getting answers, then "some other action could be taken."...

Buffalo Police Department spokesman Mike DeGeorge on Sunday said it's unclear whether Lynch was driving or even inside the sports utility vehicle when the accident occurred. The vehicle has been taken into police custody.

Hmm one incident brings down the whole Bills franchise? I dont really recall the Bills having alot of legal troubles, but i havent been paying attention to football news since the super bowl.

After Goodell's determining the line for holding teams responsible for player behavior was June 1st this could be a lost draft pick.

I think Spygate is more important than this.. as probably does ESPN and the rest of the talking heads..

You are right, but your opinion doesn't mean Goodell might not decide to make an "example" of the Bills.

Well, how would Andrews work since he was convicted of just a misdemeanor? Would he be worth 6 or 10 points? Cause if its only 6, then the Bills would be in the lead since Hit and Run is a felony.

Charges have not been filed yet, I assume.

You guys are all wrong. It's not the right to bare arms, it's the right to BEAR arms.

1_the_right_to_bear_arms.jpg

Hmm one incident brings down the whole Bills franchise?
Where do you read this? Do you live in an alternate universe?

Compare their NFL troubles moron.
The quote the poster you call a moron responded to...
"i am so glad our FO and our heads make player selections with not just football players, but good and responsible people."

Then the "moron" put up Merriweather who, if you remember, had some doubt about his character leading up to the draft (right or wrong, it's true). Dude just gave an example of a player that didn't fit the quote. Not moronic in the least, imo. Also, I don't think either has had "NFL troubles".

sdfan

Thats exactly what i was thinking. If a car does a hit and run, i would guess you would atleast need an overnight stay. This "incident" seems more like a tap and run.
So what do you think Marshawn's punishment should be IF he turns out to be the driver?

sdfan

Meriweather isn't the example you should use since he hasn't been in any trouble since he got to the Pats. If you were going to use an example, you should use Willie Andrews or Kenyatta Jones.

Also, Meriweather only has the on field incident. The off-field incident he was cleared of any wrong-doing.
Within the context of the post he was replying to it was the right example. The quote was....

"i am so glad our FO and our heads make player selections with not just football players, but good and responsible people."

Right or wrong, leading up to the draft there were some questions about Merrieweather's character. Obviously he has had no problems but that isn't what he was talking about.

sdfan

They failed to mention that Fifi was squashed.
LOL. Post of the day....er, unless true, then it's just sad.

sdfan

You are right, but your opinion doesn't mean Goodell might not decide to make an "example" of the Bills.
The NFL rarely gives a TEAM penalty for a PLAYER'S action (steroid abuse, criminal offenses, etc.). Especially before the player has been found guilty.

sdfan

The quote the poster you call a moron responded to...

Then the "moron" put up Merriweather who, if you remember, had some doubt about his character leading up to the draft (right or wrong, it's true). Dude just gave an example of a player that didn't fit the quote. Not moronic in the least, imo. Also, I don't think either has had "NFL troubles".

sdfan
I agree his use of "moron" may have been unwarranted.

At least he did not dance!:)

not a SD fan because they are too "classy":)

So what do you think Marshawn's punishment should be IF he turns out to be the driver?

sdfan

What a poster here thinks, the judge of Lynch thinks, and how Goodell punishes a franchise for a post June 1st infraction will differ.

I'd slap him on the wrist, no harm but make sure he knows it was a foul.
The judge, I think will look at his priors (which I don't know) and realize he isn't a repeat hit and run offender.

Goodell sentences the Bills to exile in Toronto.:D

The NFL rarely gives a TEAM penalty for a PLAYER'S action (steroid abuse, criminal offenses, etc.). Especially before the player has been found guilty.

sdfan

I forget where I read that, but an article pointed to June 1st as the line for forgiving priors and after that teams get held accountable by Goodell. If charged, The Bills will get some sort of punishment.

Yeah, I agree, it is stupid. If I knock over a liquor store should my job be liable?

Unfortunately logic and Goodell don't mix.:)

I agree his use of "moron" may have been unwarranted.

At least he did not dance!:)
If you are referring to Merriman's "dance" I have to agree, it is a bit moronic and overused. I liked it when he shelved it for awhile last year. Now if he used it only on super special occasions I might not have too much of a problem with it.

not a SD fan because they are too "classy":)
LOL.

sdfan

I forget where I read that, but an article pointed to June 1st as the line for forgiving priors and after that teams get held accountable by Goodell. If charged, The Bills will get some sort of punishment.

Yeah, I agree, it is stupid. If I knock over a liquor store should my job be liable?

Unfortunately logic and Goodell don't mix.:)
Thanks for the info.

sdfan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill